Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2015...ril-15th-2015/
    http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2014...hot-20th-2014/
    http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2015...dec-15th-2015/

Sheik only hit number one on eventhubs in December, just posting those so you can see where I was going by. Haven't checked smashboards, but I'm not quite sure about a list from top smash players, haven't heard of that.

EDIT- Oh, I've seen Smashboards tier list, I was always under the impression of there is no order, only letter ranking. So there is no first, second, and third, just S rank.
    Tournament results prove otherwise over this... voting poll? You can easily manipulate this sort of thing. I don't think Rosa has ever won a national or any sort of big tournament or much even smaller ones. The closest thing rosa winning was Dabuz in Genisis 3 but lost to a shiek.

It list charizard as the worst character and wii fit 3rd worst lol no
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Tournament results prove otherwise over this... voting poll?
    Voting polls are flawed but so is going off tournament results. The best players in the world have not mastered every character to give a proper ranking based off of tournaments. In general most players only have 2 characters that they can play at tournament levels.

Personally like I already said I go off my own opinion based on what I have seen the characters able to achieve at various levels of play. It's again, not perfect but the fairest views in my eyes and extremely my own personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Voting polls are flawed but so is going off tournament results. The best players in the world have not mastered every character to give a proper ranking based off of tournaments. In general most players only have 2 characters that they can play at tournament levels.
    Going purely off tournament results is no better than a poll but that's not the only thing I'm basing off of. I'm looking at top players, results, etc. Not a random poll.

Anyway the debate is moot really top 3 is shiek zss and rosa putting bayo in S tier is dumb.

Going purely off tournament results is no better than a poll but that's not the only thing I'm basing off of. I'm looking at top players, results, etc. Not a random poll.

Anyway the debate is moot really top 3 is shiek zss and rosa putting bayo in S tier is dumb.
    I would wager once more work is put in Bayo passes Rosa in the eyes of most people. Shiek and ZSS are just on an entire new level above every other character though IMO. Rosa has extreme flaws that ZSS and Shiek don't have, I'm surprised anyone would consider her close to their level.

Anyways, it's not hard to rank the very top. Everyone pretty much agrees ZSS and Shiek are the best of the best. It's the characters under them that are a cluster fuck of various warring opinions.

I would say Tournament results are more flawed than voting polls. It's not like every single really great player actually goes to Tournaments, nor does one character beating another make them better than them.

But this is really pointless honestly, since your list and my list both pretty much agree at the top, which is what we were discussing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it's also worth mentioning that just because a tournament player is really good with a character doesn't set in stone that said character is flat out better than others. Sure, some characters are better than others, and seeing a character in the hands of a professional gives you an idea of their potential, but honestly if any highly skilled player took any character they'd be able to make them look very powerful if they put in the time to master it. I think vote polls are more reliable than tournament polls because it consists of feedback from thousands of people which you can assume are at average skill level, which more accurately represents a character.
    Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who plays competitive smash (Melee) it's completely based off of tournament results, Fox is number 1 because there are more Fox's placing on average higher than any other character. Sheik is number one because she gets the best results overall.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Going off of tournament results is perfectly fine as you should all understand that the smashboards tier list (or whichever, really) is NOT set in stone.

Tier lists evolve over time as more and more result data is available. In general the best characters should be getting the best results over time and we will be able to rank the characters based off of that.

Here's the history of Melee tier lists to show how things can change. Link

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and at least for the smashboards lists: they are not purely based on results. The "Smash Back Room" which consists of top level smash players creates these lists through a voting process. Now how much these guys look at tournament results to determine their voting differs. Ryu's fairly high placing for instance speaks for that. In theory he's great, nobody has been able to show it yet though.

Patch 1.1.5 is out.

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-5...-notes.433162/

Here's the full tested patch notes.

Nerfs: Cloud, Corrin, Zero Suit Samus

Buffs: Ganondorf, Mewtwo (slight weight buff only), Palutena, Samus, Zelda

Rebalanced: Shiek, Greninja

- - - Updated - - -

Samus can do this now:

https://twitter.com/PG_ESAM/status/709965113260974081

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Patch 1.1.5 is out.

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-5...-notes.433162/

Here's the full tested patch notes.

Nerfs: Cloud, Corrin, Zero Suit Samus

Buffs: Ganondorf, Mewtwo (slight weight buff only), Palutena, Samus, Zelda

Rebalanced: Shiek, Greninja

- - - Updated - - -

Samus can do this now:

https://twitter.com/PG_ESAM/status/709965113260974081
    Sheik changes are a flat out nerf IF the throw changes break up a bit of her combo game in late percentages. Also that weight nerf really hurts.

One thing to note: the list of changes is not yet complete. There are a bunch of changes reported in the thread that are not in the list and more may still be found.

- - - Updated - - -

Apart from Mewtwo being a tad heavier, he is also fast as fuck now:

https://twitter.com/SilentDo0m/statu...65378869456897

Corrin got nerfed noooooooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Corrin got nerfed noooooooooo
    Counter being nerfed is totally justified, you'll have to admit that it was pretty darn ridiculous.

Not happy about the walking/run speed nerfs and uair nerf. The nair "nerf" might actually end up enabling some combos in late percentages tho. Will have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Counter being nerfed is totally justified, you'll have to admit that it was pretty darn ridiculous.

Not happy about the walking/run speed nerfs and uair nerf. The nair "nerf" might actually end up enabling some combos in late percentages tho. Will have to see.
    Oh yea the counter nerf was fine but all his aerials are even less safe on shield than before and the walking speed nerf is just stupid

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Nerfs: Cloud
    Buffs: Ganondorf, Palutena, Zelda
    Well, I'll take a Cloud nerf if it resulted in 3 of my other favorites being buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, I'll take a Cloud nerf if it resulted in 3 of my other favorites being buffed.
    Paulutena was like a half buff and nerf, the damage on fair was increased but so was the knocback, making it harder for follow ups.

Also they nerfed corrins roll too WHYYYYWYWYU8TGWOUJOGJ4

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-...-6-on-the-way/

Patch 1.1.6 incoming. File size 64MB for Wii U version, 325MB for the 3DS version.

More bayo nerfs for the cry babys who can't DI

Oh sm4sh thread, how I've missed you. Still play this game several times a week

10+ Year Old Account
    More bayo nerfs for the cry babys who can't DI
    When Zero, the pretty much undisputed best player in Smash 4, says that she is ridiculous and carries players, then I'd say she deserves nerfing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you guys care at all but M2K got sponsored by Echo Fox, think M2K plays Sm4sh so thought you guys might be interested to hear this.

long live Melee
    Hey everyone