Page 1 of 174
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Super Smash Bros. Wii U - 21 Nov 2014

im so happy right now)))

I'm still waiting for Isaac...

Quote Originally Posted by sapit View Post
    I'm still waiting for Isaac...
    This! Was hoping for him in Brawl, and was very disappointed he was only an assist trophy (that only used Move, too). Although Matthew would be more likely now, I'd take any of the three main characters (Isaac, Felix, Matthew)

10+ Year Old Account
    aaaaaaaawwwww yiiiisssss Megaman, back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    This! Was hoping for him in Brawl, and was very disappointed he was only an assist trophy (that only used Move, too). Although Matthew would be more likely now, I'd take any of the three main characters (Isaac, Felix, Matthew)
    If I could choose anyone it would Saturos or Felix, but Isaac or Matthew seem more likely to happen.

I'm sitting here wondering if Bayonetta might pop up in the game...

That would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main hopes are for Little Mac from Punch-Out, Mike Jones from StarTropics, Jill from Drill Dozer and either Bomberman, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont or Goemon as a 2nd 3rd party character. Also would love to see Mario transform into Paper Mario like how Samus changes her form. Would also like to see Bayonetta, but at same time I kind of dont if they are trying to go with a more traditional/classic roster. If Sonic is back again this time I really hope they make him based off the Classic Sonic design or at least make it an alternate costume/form for him.

Anyone else love the fact that the new games seem to be going back to a more cartoony style like the first game? I never was really a fan of how they seemed to try and make the style of the last two games seem more serious then it should be.

I also really hope the 3DS and Wii U version are different games with different rosters and stages and maybe someway to swap between them if you own both versions, I really like the graphical style of the 3DS version, but I dont want to buy it if its going to be the exact same thing as the Wii U version.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-06-11 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    My main hopes are for Little Mac from Punch-Out, Mike Jones from StarTropics, Jill from Drill Dozer and either Bomberman, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont or Goemon as a 2nd 3rd party character. Also would love to see Mario transform into Paper Mario like how Samus changes her form. Would also like to see Bayonetta, but at same time I kind of dont if they are trying to go with a more traditional/classic roster. If Sonic is back again this time I really hope they make him based off the Classic Sonic design or at least make it an alternate costume/form for him.

Anyone else love the fact that the new games seem to be going back to a more cartoony style like the first game? I never was really a fan of how they seemed to try and make the style of the last two games seem more serious then it should be.

I also really hope the 3DS and Wii U version are different games with different rosters and stages and maybe someway to swap between them if you own both versions, I really like the graphical style of the 3DS version, but I dont want to buy it if its going to be the exact same thing as the Wii U version.
    I'm wondering if when connecting the Wii U to the 3DS when playing local multiplayer, if the 3DS will act as a controller and how it will control on the 3DS while making it comfortable to hold the handheld.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I am looking at pictures on the website and so far I think these are the stages I have seen:

-Train from The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks with the Link from that game on it
    -Skyloft from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    -an Animal Crossing stage
    -a Nintendogs stage that seems to take place in a giant house, a series I never though to get a stage based off of, but then again we got PictoChat and Electroplankton last time.
    -what I think is Pokemon Stadium because of what seems to be a transforming enviroment in a stadium area
    -Dr. Wily's castle from MegaMan 2.
    -a new Mario stage that appears to be based on the New Super Mario Bros. games
    -what appears to be a new Kid Icarus stage based on Kid Icarus Uprising, there may actualy be two Kid Icarus stages, one seems to be at night/twilight while another is at day, maybe it just changes as the battle goes on, however the backgrounds also look different.
    -some ruins that I think are going to be the new Battlefield stage since it has the Smash Bros logo on flags in the background
    -what looks to be a boxing ring with the Smash Bros logo on it, I think this is going to be the new Final Destination, would prefer if it became a Punch-Out!! stage though.
    -a desert looking stage with a tent that reminds me of Gerudo Desert from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, the pic actually looked like a cinematic almost, new adventure/story mode? May be wrong, just seen another pic that looks to be from the same stage.

Anyone else notice any others I missed or different ideas what the stages shown may be from?

Also I just noticed that the pictures that show the 3DS images have all been showing the Nintendogs and Spirit Tracks stages, haven't seen any Wii U pictures with them. My theory is that the 3DS version is going to have exclusive stages (maybe characters) that came out on Nintendo handhelds while the console version will focus more on games that came out on the primary Nintendo home systems.

Damn, I just saw the Villager using a boxing glove punch attack...guess Little Mac wont be showing up.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-06-11 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wanted bomberman to be in super smash..... sady he can no longer legally exist.... not after that d.s game.......

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to get an official character count soon. Or at least have weekly reveals like they did on Smash Bros Dojo for Brawl.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    I'd like to get an official character count soon. Or at least have weekly reveals like they did on Smash Bros Dojo for Brawl.
    Ditto on the Smash Dojo. That was a very cool way to keep people interested while throwing a bone to the hardcore fans.

Omg yes, and I think they are going to do it smash dojo style based on the website where they have lots of blank spaces where you can check out the characters where it looks they are going to update over time with more.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I'm incredibly excited for this game xD. I don't own a Wii U but I have a 3DS so I'm curious as to how that'll work. Still, depending on how it works I may need to get a Wii U for this game xD.

Megaman should be a lot of fun, although I loved Yoshi in brawl.

Deleted
    YES!! I am beyond excited for this, it's so awesome to see that Megaman is being added to the game, all I need now is King K. Rool and Ridley and it will be perfect.

I would love to see a fire emblem character be revealed, I loved using Marth on brawl and Roy on Melee, I didn't use Ike that much due to me preferring a faster character

King K. Rool, Ridley and a return of the Pokemon Trainer will be the selling points for me. Definitely do not want more characters from Nintendo's most recent titles - Keep it nostalgic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, they went with the 5 year old looking Megaman. Was hoping for the older Megaman X version.

---------- Post added 2013-06-11 at 06:30 PM ----------

If Wario doesn't return I'll be sad. My best character by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Ugh, they went with the 5 year old looking Megaman. Was hoping for the older Megaman X version.[COLOR="red"]

If Wario doesn't return I'll be sad. My best character by far.
    I'm glad it's the look of the classic Mega Man and not the X one, the X series had one good game imo (the first one), and that's it.

Also, Wario will no doubt return, he was the most wanted character for Brawl, and he is just such an iconic Nintendo character, no way he'll be cut. The only ones which have a chance of getting cut are Ike, Lucario and possibly Snake, as far as I see it.

Anyways, Ridley was my most wanted character for Brawl, and for SSB4 too, and while I'm a little bummed that he wasn't unveiled now Mega Man is without a doubt the most deserving newcomer for the game by far, and I'm beyond pleased to see him.