Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    I always thought Ridley was too big because of its wingspan, but in Brawl it was basically a skinnier, purple Charizard with a Pterodactyl head and longer tail so why not.
    His wingspan would be on the Y-axis, and seeing as how everything moves on the X-axis, it probably isnt an issue.

Also, not directed at you, here's his first appearance in 3d from Metroid Prime:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...tle_ground.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/cQaorAbanC0/hqdefault.jpg

http://a141.idata.over-blog.com/0/00...ion24_0012.png

He's not THAT much bigger than Samus here.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    So was Ridley though
    In one game, right? I mean, as far as I know, he's been significantly larger than that throughout most of the Metroid-franchise. Nowadays you won't see Ridley being that small, although that was common with the NES due to the graphics limitations.

With that in mind, it was probably a bad idea of me to post a picture from Super Mario Bros 3. There are tons of other good examples of Bowser from newer games however.

Quote Originally Posted by General Vezax View Post
    His wingspan would be on the Y-axis, and seeing as how everything moves on the X-axis, it probably isnt an issue.

Also, not directed at you, here's his first appearance in 3d from Metroid Prime:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...tle_ground.jpg

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/cQaorAbanC0/hqdefault.jpg

http://a141.idata.over-blog.com/0/00...ion24_0012.png

He's not THAT much bigger than Samus here.
    You're right, Ridley isn't exactly HUGE, but he's still too big to be in smash in my opinion. Take a look at that wing span for example. I just have a hard time seeing it made justice in Super Smash Bros. And even without the wings, he'd still be larger than the biggest characters in the game.

To be fair however, some characters get quite big during their Final Smashes (Giga Bowser, Foxs'/Falcos'/Wolfs' tanks etc.), but then again, those are just for brief periods of time.

But like I said earlier, it's just my personal opinion and I understand that most people in this thread will disagree :P I'm not sure why this particular character has stirred up so much heated discussion over the years.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    In one game, right? I mean, as far as I know, he's been significantly larger than that throughout most of the Metroid-franchise. Nowadays you won't see Ridley being that small, although that was common with the NES due to the graphics limitations.

With that in mind, it was probably a bad idea of me to post a picture from Super Mario Bros 3. There are tons of other good examples of Bowser from newer games however.
    I'm not trying to start a ridley debate here, but bowser is huge whenever he's represented in 3D games and adequately sized in party and pixel games.

big:

3D World

Galaxy 1 and 2

sunshine

New super mario bros wii

wii 2

new super mario bros U

3d land

yoshis new island

not so big:

mario world

original

bowsers inside story

all of the paper marios

mario kart

golf

strikers

And then the mario parties, where his size changes all the time:

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shot...led-fruits.jpg

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps2d1e255d.jpg

This is where the argument "they can resize bowser, they can resize ridley too" comes from.

Deleted
    Maybe we got it all backwards.

Maybe it's Samus, and Mario that changes their size, and not Ridley and Bowser!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! Samus does not look like a 6.3 muscular amazonian women

The side special attack Shadow Sneak is a move that makes Greninja suddenly disappear and ambush opponents. If you press and hold the button, Greninja will move a greater distance. Another unique feature is you can move Greninja around freely while charging up.

is greninja like a clone of shiek or whate
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    is greninja like a clone of shiek or whate
    Nah, he's a completely unique character. Or at least he pretends he is, but he has Meta Knight's Down-B as his Side-B, Pikachu's Up-B, a standard projectile and a standard counter. Not an incredibly unique moveset, but still not a clone. It seems his appeal mostly lies inhis standard A attacks and combo potential.

Deleted
    I'm not really a fan of Pokémon, but I still believe that they never should have scrapped Mewtwo, he's far more interesting than Lucario who get the exact same set of moves, and still far more interesting than Greninja, and Charizard for that matter.

Also, a quick video from Game Explain showing the WiiU stage, Palutena's Temple, is going to be a very large stage, even bigger than Temple and New Pork City.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I'm not really a fan of Pokémon, but I still believe that they never should have scrapped Mewtwo, he's far more interesting than Lucario who get the exact same set of moves, and still far more interesting than Greninja, and Charizard for that matter.
    My one shining moment with Mewtwo was in Brawl, on Hyrule Castle and managing to stay in a match with 300%+ health. One punch would send me flying everywhere but I still stayed in.

Team Duche all the way. (My team name in 2v2s since you couldn't spell out Douche with the character allotted.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    Most Pokémon inclusions in Smash are handpicked and decided by Game Freak, that includes Jigglypuff, Lucario, possibly Charizard, and supposedly Greninja too, so the Pokémon roster is nothing more than the result of Game Freak's advertising. By the time of Brawl, Mewtwo was incredibly irrelevant and had no commercial value. Game Freak wanted Lucario in, and Sakurai had his Pokémon Trainer concept he wanted to fulfill, and you don't just cut Pikachu or Jigglypuff seeing that they are originals, so it made sense that Mewtwo was among the characters of very low priority. This ultimately resulted in him being cut, though data suggests he was only just barely cut, and if the game had a single more character Mewtwo would have been the one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    My one shining moment with Mewtwo was in Brawl, on Hyrule Castle and managing to stay in a match with 300%+ health. One punch would send me flying everywhere but I still stayed in.

Team Duche all the way. (My team name in 2v2s since you couldn't spell out Douche with the character allotted.)
    Melee*

Temple is notorious for that, you just sit and fight at the bottom of it.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Melee*

Temple is notorious for that, you just sit and fight at the bottom of it.
    And the AI is incredibly bad with it too in Brawl. I really love watching the AI fight itself, but it can be really annoying to watch on AI hit another AI character over and over into the ceiling.

"Hey, idiots! There's a big f-ing stage around you! Quit playing down at the f-ing bottom!"

Knowing that a lot of folks here wanted Mewtwo to make a return instead of the newly revealed Greninja, I present you this to perhaps lighten up your day:

Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Knowing that a lot of folks here wanted Mewtwo to make a return instead of the newly revealed Greninja, I present you this to perhaps lighten up your day:

VG Cats beat you to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by johnhoftb; 2014-04-18 at 03:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I'm not upset about Mewtwo not making it. I think Greninja is a really cool pokemon and I'm excited to play him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I haven't seen those hover boots on Samus before. Is it a possible foreshadowing of a new Metroid game about to be announced? PLEASE NINTENDO PLEEAAAASE!

15+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep talking about Mewtwo like he definitely won't be in it? Is the whole roster revealed? Did they specifically say he wouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    Honestly, I'm not upset about Mewtwo not making it. I think Greninja is a really cool pokemon and I'm excited to play him.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I haven't seen those hover boots on Samus before. Is it a possible foreshadowing of a new Metroid game about to be announced? PLEASE NINTENDO PLEEAAAASE!
    The hover boots were to make the heels on Metroid: The Other M's Zero Suit actually have a purpose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frunken View Post
    Why do people keep talking about Mewtwo like he definitely won't be in it? Is the whole roster revealed? Did they specifically say he wouldn't?
    The main reason is Lucario has a similar playstyle (at least in Brawl) to Mewtwo, and people though Greninja was actually Mewtwo during the trailer before the reveal, and people keep think in slots, where there is a number of slots Sakurai has he can use for newcomers/returning characters.

- - - Updated - - -