Need help to fix my fps v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    $350 includes the CPU, a new motherboard and an aftermarket cooler.

And I think you're seriously overestimating how involved overclocking is. It's literally a few simple changes in BIOS and you're done, free 10%+ performance boost. Yes you'll do fine without it, but when it's so easy to do it's almost stupid not to.

This is what you'd be looking at:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.69 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $354.67
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-05-27 01:21 EDT-0400)
    Hey I'm sorry for the bump but u have been great help,
    The store finally contact me again, they said they don't know about the motherboard-p8z77vlk ATX LGA1155 u linked, however they offered me motherboard-P8Z77-V LX http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z...specifications
    Will it be good enough along with the i5 and cooler u linked?
    How much fps I should expect then in 25man, with and without OC?

Also, they asked me why I dont want any better i7, do u mind link me a good i7, better than the Intel Core i5-3570K, with cost-range of max 50$ more?
    the currect i5 u linked is $210, so any better i7 up to 250$~ will be great, i will highly appricate it! I just dont want to buy a new cpu again in few months. so I should buy something expensive now and get on with it.
    I will also consider get another 4bg (currectly i have 4gb ram) and maybe if u recoomand a new Video Card (Righ now, I have Video Card Model:AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series)
    if it will increase my fps by a lot!

Thank u again so much for helping.

I should have mentioned that with the LK and LX you won't be able to safely overclock very much because of their 4 phase VRM. If you plan on keeping your overclock fairly low, they might be okay, but you'd be better off with an 8 phase mobo. I think the cheapest would be an Asrock Extreme4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Get the p8z77-v ///nothing/// instead. LX/LK are just crappy boards to overclock.

Hey again
    Mind give me a link to a diff motherboard so I can OC safety?
    Also I would like ur opinion about better i7 than i5 with same price lvl (up to 50$) which should not be a problem to OC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    Also I would like ur opinion about better i7 than i5 with same price lvl (up to 50$) which should not be a problem to OC.
    The only OC i7 (3770K) is $100 more, and would provide you with no benefit.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Mind give me a link to a diff motherboard so I can OC safety?
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (mediocre)
    Gigabyte Z77X D3H
    Gigabyte Z77X UD3H

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 (mediocre)
    Gigabyte Z77X D3H
    Gigabyte Z77X UD3H
    So one of those motherboard along with the i5 3570, and Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2, I should be good in 25man

So one of those motherboard along with the i5 3570, and Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2, I should be good in 25man
    i5-3570K

The K tag is very important.

Yes, with those, you'd essentially have the fastest available configuration for maximizing FPS in 25 mans.

Don't get the Asrock z77 extreme4 at all especially if you're OC'ing.

Reason 1: http://www.overclock.net/t/1271002/a...g-badly-needed
    Reason 2: http://www.overclock.net/t/1360404/a...-reading/0_100

Board doesn't hold off the heat at extreme clocks in stresstests and the bios is complety reporting a way too low voltage than measured with a multimeter so basically if the max vcore voltage is 1.4V you're running above it. A 0,1V difference in IBT is just fail.

You're better off with Gigabyte or Asus or MSI.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should have mentioned that with the LK and LX you won't be able to safely overclock very much because of their 4 phase VRM.
    4+1 or 4+2 will get to 4.5ghz fine. I also fail to see how that would cause it to be unsafe. The VRM may run a little hotter than a 8 phase, but nothing "unsafe". You really only need a 4+2 phase VRM for any normal overclocking. 8 phase is for extreme OCing (ie 6ghz +).

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    8 phase is for extreme OCing (ie 6ghz +).
    Not really. Eg a p8z77-v 8phased +2 board wasn't capable to go above 5GHz while the pro version 12+2 was capable to do it but above 6GHz I doubt it. For instance a rampage iv extreme is 8phased but the quality & vrm design is so much better making the difference. Average clocks IB gets is around 4.5GHz and a 4phased vrm is more than enough. I'm rather more concerned about the overclocking options, I really hate it if there's no vdroop control (llc) I'd smash that board immediately.

For a certain clock an 4phased would be sitting at 70% during full load while 8phased vrm would be 35%, should mean normally double lifespan but hey there's a reason why Asus have digital VRM to prevent this so I don't see anything unsafe about it.

A stupid example is like the z77x-up7 which has 32 phases being capable to carry 2500A orsomething while a Max V extreme is only 8phased beating that gigabyte board with 200MHz, taking the record over.

Don't get me confused (oh well too late I guess) just need a motherboard capable of OC without making me hard life :<

Don't get me confused (oh well too late I guess) just need a motherboard capable of OC without making me hard life :<
    Gigabyte Z77X UD3H

Quote Originally Posted by Killora View Post
    4+1 or 4+2 will get to 4.5ghz fine. I also fail to see how that would cause it to be unsafe. The VRM may run a little hotter than a 8 phase, but nothing "unsafe". You really only need a 4+2 phase VRM for any normal overclocking. 8 phase is for extreme OCing (ie 6ghz +).
    Depends entirely on the quality of the transistors. 4 phase VRM can fail at stock clocks if the transistors are crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends entirely on the quality of the transistors. 4 phase VRM can fail at stock clocks if the transistors are crap.
    Pretty much any decent brand (Asus, Asrock, MSI) will have decent quality. I still consider my MSI Z77A-G41 to be one of the 'cheapest' Z77 boards there is, and I'm able to run stable at 4.6
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Pretty much any decent brand (Asus, Asrock, MSI) will have decent quality. I still consider my MSI Z77A-G41 to be one of the 'cheapest' Z77 boards there is, and I'm able to run stable at 4.6
    Since when Asrock became "decent"? Was and will always be the cheap back-up for Asus, until at least SB days it had the most faulty motherboards.

MSI=Asus >Gigabyte >The rest, is my motto and hasnt failed me ever ;3

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 09:31 AM ----------

I dont want to sound offensive, but if simple model numbers for products confuse you, then overclocking is something you shouldnt do.

The i5 itself is very fast for WoW , without any overclocking, just a get a decent (They are all decent for the stuff you need it for) motherboard from the ones listed and enjoy your new CPU.
    Last edited by potis; 2013-06-12 at 09:39 AM.

Wasn't it MSI a couple years ago that had awful VRM and their boards were literally exploding?

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Since when Asrock became "decent"? Was and will always be the cheap back-up for Asus, until at least SB days it had the most faulty motherboards.

MSI=Asus >Gigabyte >The rest, is my motto and hasnt failed me ever ;3[COLOR="red"]
    When is MSI going to fix the memory banks? Still happens.

Wasn't it MSI a couple years ago that had awful VRM and their boards were literally exploding?
    Every person has different experiences hence why i said "my motto".

I have seen/heard/read/saw more Asrock and Gigabyte failing motherboards than anything else the last 5 years while i had an MSI motherboard go bad on me back in 2006, yet i still prefer them over anything else since Asus is overpriced ;3

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    yet i still prefer them over anything else since Asus is overpriced ;3
    ASUS is overpriced when considering the quality of their components (VRM + heatsinks, onboard audio, NIC, etc), but their features are really nice (FanXpert 2, UEFI, crashless BIOS, etc).