Demonology and mana management

This is one of those threads where I start it expecting to feel embarrassed in not very long, because I feel pretty sure I'm missing something obvious, and someone will point it out, and then I will go "oh, oops". On the other hand, if I don't ask, at this point, I'm not going to find out, it seems.

I like playing ranged dps. I have, either at 90 or coming up on it, a warlock, a shaman, a hunter, a mage, and a druid. Setting aside the hunter, because of course she doesn't use mana at all, I'm finding demonology a major standout in term of mana usage. I'm constantly running low when I spec demo, needing to lifetap like crazy whenever fights go on a while. I just don't see anything of the sort with the other warlock specs, nor my other casters. I've reviewed the guides here and on Icy Veins and don't feel like I'm missing anything major in them, including attention to reforging. But there it is.

#1. Is demo just one of those specs where that's how it goes, these days?

#2. If it's not supposed to be that way, is there anything not in the guides I should be paying attention to so that my mana doesn't suck out so fast?

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be using Demonic Energy more often I would guess. I try to stay around 50% mana.
    4pc bonus helps out.

OK, thanks. I know that's something I have to watch: I have a tendency to run it all the way down and have to rebuild, rather than exiting early, if I start running on auto-pilot.

Deleted
    echothrix, im assuming you mean demonic fury? also the t15 4pc setbonus isnt really worth it, atleast not if you have the trinket from lei shen, as you would be able to generate a lot of wild imps which will generate additional demonic fury, more than enough to increase your meta uptime, ofc the 4pc will ofc further increase your fury generation but you will generally generate more than enough already.

Just to clarify: the 4pc is not very good as it ONLY affects Fury generated by the Warlock - not by pets or imps. That makes it a very mediocre bonus, and not exactly worth having assuming you can swap in pieces that are better itemized or Thunderforged.

Also, before you open threads such as these PLEASE search the forums. There is a thread dealing with the exact same issue literally 20 posts down:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Demo-and-mana

Long story short, with proper Fury usage and strategically placed Life Taps, you won't have problems with mana at all. For details check the other thread. For basics, check the Demonology sticky.

Deleted
    With the current bug regarding caster mastery, a good time to lifetap is after you pop out of meta.

Thanks, all! I see my mana doing better.