Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valstorm Warsong View Post
    Microsoft is clearly winning when it comes to exclusives, Half of the PS4 exclusives you listed are indies, while most of the Xbox one are real games (for lack of a better term).
    They would be "winning" if the exclusives they have weren't utter piles of unoriginal and/or boring shit. Ryse AKA QTE THE GAME, Dead Rising 3 AKA Boring Generic Brown 'N' Grey Zombie Game The Third, Kinect Sports Rivals AKA A Party Game You Will Play At Family Gatherings Then Not Touch All Year, Killer Instinct AKA Give Us All Your Money. Let's not even talk about Halo which is just being milked to death at this point.

Give me good indies and consumer-friendly business practices over that shit any day.

I'm happy to pay for Playstation Plus because they give you a load of stuff (as in actual games) for the price. It's not *just* paying to play online.

This is not just about DRM or fighting second-hand aggressive sales (which they should be going after the brick & mortars for, not the consumer), this is about Microsoft not giving a shit about the customer.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-06-12 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    You're list is also nowhere near complete as it doesn't take into account any of the indies coming to either console, specifically those like Knack which actually got quite a bit of focus at the PS4 unveiling.

Or are you just not bothering to cover up your blatant bias? I suggest editing the OP to be a bit more objective, otherwise I don't see this thread going productive places...
    Has anyone figured out, or do we have any more information, on the weird cyberpunk/deus ex looking trailer in the middle of the MS conference, right before D4 iirc?

Microsoft is clearly winning when it comes to exclusives, Half of the PS4 exclusives you listed are indies, while most of the Xbox one are real games (for lack of a better term).
    ...son, you just insulted tomorrow's potentially greatest blockbusters and creative people trying to make Video Games something more than just a flood of cash-grab shooters...

In the name of Abe's Oddysee's remake alone, I feel obliged to slap you across the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    Personally I thought MS had the better confrence and console as far as games alone are concerned. Sony showed mostly games that are going to other consoles during their conference. The only highlights were of course the DRM stuff addressed and FF15 and KH3 which are now coming to Xbox One as well.

Xbox One is more expensive is because it comes with kinetic 2.0 and also Sony has a camera too but you have to buy separately. Also you have to play multiplayer online with PS+ just like Xbox Live gold. To be honest the only thing keeping people away from xbox one right now is DRM. I personally will be getting both because I don't care but thats jut me.
    TBH if you don't have PS+ and can buy even ONE game in a year i don't know what's wrong with you..That service is kickass and i don't see why people don't subscribe to it more...

I for pone have NEVER paid for nor used Xbox live gold..Can;t stand it but PS+ i have never had a problem paying for...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    TBH if you don't have PS+ and can buy even ONE game in a year i don't know what's wrong with you..That service is kickass and i don't see why people don't subscribe to it more...
    I don't, but that's because I barely play any PS3 games online and wouldn't get any real value out of the service. Yeah, it provides a ton of value, but only if you take advantage of it. Seeing how I spend most of my time on PC, I wouldn't get much value.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't, but that's because I barely play any PS3 games online and wouldn't get any real value out of the service. Yeah, it provides a ton of value, but only if you take advantage of it. Seeing how I spend most of my time on PC, I wouldn't get much value.
    Yeah i download alot of the games i know will interest me so it's worth it to me.

Still compared to XBLG it's basically god mode for services...

Yeah i download alot of the games i know will interest me so it's worth it to me.

No it really isn't. The PS3 online multiplayer is a laggy shitfest compared to xboxlive. If sony is going to start charging for online multiplayer, they better up their game.

Even though I think Microsoft is a pack of fucking idiots, I'll still be buying an Xbox One for one game. Halo.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.

Yeah, there have been multiple articles about how much more value PS+ offers for its subscription compared to XBL. I'm hoping that Microsoft giving away games to XBL subscribers nowadays is an indication in a shift of what value they are offered, indicating that they're going to get more for their money than they currently do.

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    No it really isn't. The PS3 online multiplayer is a laggy shitfest compared to xboxlive. If sony is going to start charging for online multiplayer, they better up their game.
    Is there any objective data to back that up? Just curious, because what little I've played online on my PS3 (and what I've downloaded in terms of download speed) hasn't indicated to me that my PSN connection is any slower than that of my PC.

Yeah, there have been multiple articles about how much more value PS+ offers for its subscription compared to XBL. I'm hoping that Microsoft giving away games to XBL subscribers nowadays is an indication in a shift of what value they are offered, indicating that they're going to get more for their money than they currently do.

Is there any objective data to back that up? Just curious, because what little I've played online on my PS3 (and what I've downloaded in terms of download speed) hasn't indicated to me that my PSN connection is any slower than that of my PC.
    Just my experience with BF:BC2 and RDR on the PS3 (which I didn't get on 360) and then BF3 which I got on PS3 then got on xbox because I couldn't deal with the laggy-ass gameplay. I would also note that the competition is a lot better on the 360, but that is migratory and not inherent to either system or network.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...son, you just insulted tomorrow's potentially greatest blockbusters and creative people trying to make Video Games something more than just a flood of cash-grab shooters...

In the name of Abe's Oddysee's remake alone, I feel obliged to slap you across the face.
    I didn't insult them, indies are cool, but you can't really compare them to big games, with massive budgets.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL i was comparing their PREMIUM services....Playstation plus gives you a VERY large bang for your buck and as of the current setup is NOT required for online and i bet when it is still won't matter because lets face it you STILL GET BETTER SERVICE!

LOL i was comparing their PREMIUM services....Playstation plus gives you a VERY large bang for your buck and as of the current setup is NOT required for online and i bet when it is still won't matter because lets face it you STILL GET BETTER SERVICE!
    So free games I'm not going to play > being frustrated by lag in games I actually do play?

That is some weird-ass priorities you have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    They would be "winning" if the exclusives they have weren't utter piles of unoriginal and/or boring shit. Ryse AKA QTE THE GAME, Dead Rising 3 AKA Boring Generic Brown 'N' Grey Zombie Game The Third, Kinect Sports Rivals AKA A Party Game You Will Play At Family Gatherings Then Not Touch All Year, Killer Instinct AKA Give Us All Your Money. Let's not even talk about Halo which is just being milked to death at this point.

Give me good indies and consumer-friendly business practices over that shit any day.

I'm happy to pay for Playstation Plus because they give you a load of stuff (as in actual games) for the price. It's not *just* paying to play online.

This is not just about DRM or fighting second-hand aggressive sales (which they should be going after the brick & mortars for, not the consumer), this is about Microsoft not giving a shit about the customer.
    You're extremely bias, I can do the same thing to the playstation line up, but I won't, because unlike you, I wait until a game is out before I start making final judgments about it. Halo 4 was a well received reboot to the halo franchise, and a lot of people are highly anticipating the next chapter.

You're extremely bias, I can do the same thing to the playstation line up, but I won't, because unlike you, I wait until a game is out before I start making final judgments about it. Halo 4 was a well received reboot to the halo franchise, and a lot of people are highly anticipating the next chapter.
    Don't forget he completely Ignored Forza5 which is pretty much undisputed king of racing sims and Titanfall which looks pretty damn awesome (and yes, I'm aware it is coming to the PC).

10+ Year Old Account
    So free games I'm not going to play > being frustrated by lag in games I actually do play?

That is some weird-ass priorities you have there.
    I have found many game i never would have picked up and enjoyed them very much thanks to PS+ also Duke Nukem Forever had NO lag whatsoever on the PS3...Yes some games do but the PS3 also is not a multiplyer intensive unit unlike what the PS4 will be.

Also Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 NO LAG

WKC 1&2 No lag.....Ok not often but sony didn;t really run 2s servers..Still mad about no avatar dlc in america....

No it isnt.

You are clearly bias. Its fine though, I understand your frustration. You know the console is terrible, and you will look like an idiot for paying for it. So you need to justify your choice for yourself.

Think of it this way. You can be one of the tens of people to get the xbone on launch day so you can enjoy your generic, PC shared exclusives while paying a premium for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    No it isnt.

You are clearly bias. Its fine though. You can be one of the tens of people to get the xbone on launch day so you can enjoy your generic, PC shared exclusives while paying a premium for nothing.
    D'aaawww. I have both a PS3 and a 360 so I can play with my different friend groups. That said Live is a better service. You do get what you pay for.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.- Ryse was an extremely QTE based game.
    2.- Dead Rising 3 Took EVERYTHING that made the franchise memorable, the comedy is long gone.
    3.- KI being free with only one character and developed by one of the worst companies that's in the market.

I can't see how facts like having a heavy QTE based game, bad company history with a F2P title with only one character is bias, that's a fact.

D'aaawww. I have both a PS3 and a 360 so I can play with my different friend groups. That said Live is a better service. You do get what you pay for.
    Your anecdotal evidence is as good as mine.
    I have both and the network on PSN has caught up, and in my experience, surpassed the network on xbox. Ive been noticing lower ping on PSN than Xbox live.

And no. Live is a scam. I really do not understand why people think its okay to charge money to use a netflix sub that they have payed for.