Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    playing a lock has always been a rollercoaster ride of nerfs, buffs, overhauls and as you put it "clever use of game mechanics", its just as much a part of playing a warlock as it is casting spells, if you havent accepted that by now, you've prolly picked the wrong class. ive started to look at it as a lock class mechanic tbh, any patch were we are op, you should enjoy it coz it wont last long, any patch were we're worth our spot, you should enjoy coz chances are we will get hit hard with the nerf bat, if you want to play a class that is always worth their spot, that very rarely get nerfs and are always borderline OP, then mages is the class for you, ofc the clueless ppl that already plays mage would say differently, ignorance is bliss after all.
    I put up with it. Plenty don't. That's the point I'm making; that at this point even I'm finding it wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I think this class has had way too many changes, buff, nerfs and "clever uses of game mechanics" hauled over it this expansion already. Little wonder that they're questioning as to whether the whole revamp was worth it, but having been revamped and revamped every minor and major content patch it's a wonder anyone has kept up playing Warlocks at all.
    if you're talking about this expansion I feel bigger changes have been made with the patches to almost all other classes I play. it's not just warlocks being revamped, all classes got hit hard and they're still putting bandaids on them all.

I have to say this thread in general is quite pathethic. people constantly whining when in fact locks are gonna be in a good spot next tier (at least for PvE, I gave up PvP first month of MoP and I play many classes so could've gone with "fotm"). I encourage people to go have a look at the "Shadow Word: Revolution!" thread. it might give you something to think about.
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-08-13 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    if you're talking about this expansion I feel bigger changes have been made with the patches to almost all other classes I play. it's not just warlocks being revamped, all classes got hit hard and they're still putting bandaids on them all.
    As true as it might be (my SPriest and Blood DK actually feel barely touched), I don't think it really excuses it. I'll also add that no other class was changed as much coming into this expansion; meaning we've overall suffered much more of it from the outset.

I have to say this thread in general is quite pathethic. people constantly whining when in fact locks are gonna be in a good spot next tier (at least for PvE, I gave up PvP first month of MoP and I play many classes so could've gone with "fotm"). I encourage people to go have a look at the "Shadow Word: Revolution!" thread. it might give you something to think about.
    I don't think we'll be in a bad spot, I try to avoid the 'sky is falling' mindset; it's one thing to complain that OMG we're gonna suck because of X nerf.

Quite another to say like over the expansion I've gone from having stacked Haste, to Mastery, to Crit, back to Haste on obtaining a trinket, then that trinket will become useless overnight and I need to make sure I have a back-up for that, so then I'll need to reforge and re-gem to accomodate the need to swing back to Crit and relearn where and when to use my 90 talents, change my glyphs and figure out what the fuck I'm going to do when I need to do some prolongued AoE while not getting too close to blow the melee up while getting used to going back to moving with a low Haste, slower Fury generation playstyle.

I wouldn't stretch it that far as call it suffering. sure, I get people might not play this game to only top meters and kill bosses, but we've been shredding meters while constantly being the last-man standing during a wipe for the entire expansion. now we're getting moved a bit closer in line with other classes and there's an outrage when we in fact will still bring good utility, survivability and for sure topping the logs on at least some of the fights.

sorry for ranting btw. bad day and haven't had time to go on PTR at all this summer so after using this thread as main source for locks in 5.4 I just had to vent a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Quite another to say like over the expansion I've gone from having stacked Haste, to Mastery, to Crit, back to Haste on obtaining a trinket, then that trinket will become useless overnight and I need to make sure I have a back-up for that, so then I'll need to reforge and re-gem to accomodate the need to swing back to Crit and relearn where and when to use my 90 talents, change my glyphs and figure out what the fuck I'm going to do when I need to do some prolongued AoE while not getting too close to blow the melee up while getting used to going back to moving with a low Haste, slower Fury generation playstyle.
    this I do get. I'm in a really weird spot where I don't know what pieces to grab on farm (7k crit before reforging and only valor trinket + normal tf wush for affli if hc uvls is gonna get gimped as much as ppl claim here). luckily I learned fast that secondary stats with reforging don't matter that much. :P
    Last edited by Bonkura; 2013-08-13 at 12:02 PM.

I wouldn't stretch it that far as call it suffering. sure, I get people might not play this game to only top meters and kill bosses, but we've been shredding meters while constantly being the last-man standing during a wipe for the entire expansion. now we're getting moved a bit closer in line with other classes and there's an outrage when we in fact will still bring good utility, survivability and for sure topping the logs on at least some of the fights.

sorry for ranting btw. bad day and haven't had time to go on PTR at all this summer so after using this thread as main source for locks in 5.4 I just had to vent a bit.

this I do get. I'm in a really weird spot where I don't know what pieces to grab on farm (7k crit before reforging and only valor trinket + normal tf wush for affli if hc uvls is gonna get gimped as much as ppl claim here). luckily I learned fast that secondary stats with reforging don't matter that much. :P
    im still sure we will do alright next patch, we always do, and we scale very well so we might not be in the bests of spots at the begining but it will be something we will rise above as we usually do. i do think that our survivability will be lacking in pve, we wont be as easy to keep alive when it comes to surviving the big hit, but we do get some powerful extra tools for selfhealing in the new harvest life which is just plain insane and the new soul link. i do disagree about having good utility, well sorta. we have good utility just not very usefull utility or rather situational utility. the only thing ive consistantly used throughout this expac is healthstones, the occasional soulstone, the rare gateway(ji-kun and iron qon only) and the extremely situational curse of exhaustion, so while we have good situational utility, i wouldnt call it consistantly useful and we're a dps class, no dps class is there to bring utility, we're there to dps.

i do agree with what you said about the post you quoted. the stat weights have been all over the place. one tier we stack mastery, then we stack haste, then we try and balance both, then we go back to mastery again and then once again haste, there is no consistency at all and we might actually end up being worse geared for our favorite specs, specs that we're currently optimallly geared for. (ive used the lfr uvls, so it will still be an improvement compared to that, but not the tf uvls i currently have tho, it will still be a useful trinket even without the EA glyph as it will still allow us to focus on only 2 secondary stats as opposed to 3)
    Last edited by almara2512; 2013-08-13 at 12:28 PM.

I agree.. Warlock is in a good spot, and have been this whole expansion (for pve) and atleast 1 or 2 of the specc is gonna be probably top 5 dmg wise when patch 5.4 launches. But i dont think that ppl rage just because lock aint good enough. You got PVP issues, trinket changes, Legendary meta for destro, dots depending to much around MG (or was, as there have been changes for 5.4 ), Destro scaling is bad, they cant just keep buffing incinerate and conflagrate , they doing insane amount of damage already, chaosbolt nerf 25% (pvp), chaosbolt DOT. No replacement for ROF so far. Destruction is a really popular specc, and blizz just ignoring the specc completly. But we are still in PTR, changes might come, but i dont have any bigs hopes for it though. But i do agree with you. Did Read Shadow Word: Revolution. A very good post idd.

new build is being implemented soon on the ptr. seems afflic is getting a 10% dmg buff across the board and immolate gets a 10% dmg increase as well. i must say that im a bit surprised that they buffed afflic, ofc its early in the number parse so a lot of things will change but its a surprising start to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    new build is being implemented soon on the ptr. seems afflic is getting a 10% dmg buff across the board and immolate gets a 10% dmg increase as well. i must say that im a bit surprised that they buffed afflic, ofc its early in the number parse so a lot of things will change but its a surprising start to say the least.
    Hell maybe we will get the mage treatment. GC tweets mage and locks dps is too high. First tuning patch shows a buff to locks. I'm liking it so far at least.

Affliction single target had already been nerfed through Sac.

Affliction buffed and fire nerfed. i Hope this is the spot they want every spec to be , they continu to buff destruction to reach this level and that they're done with affliction tunning ( because the spec feels really good right now in every kind of situation ).

WTF do I see buffs for affliction locks or am I dreaming?!?
    Austin -=- Warlock -=- Logic -=- US-Suramar -=- 2/7M

We are recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Affliction single target had already been nerfed through Sac.
    well, the only encounters where Sac is a dps gain is like jin'rohk, iron qon and maybe twins(altho i prefer using imp for fast sleep removal) the rest Sac is a straight up dps loss and even then its very close to GoSup, so sac might have been nerfed, GoSup havent and will do close to the same dps as Sac now, so you cant really say that single target dps has been nerfed through Sac.

It's roughly 10% buff to our dots (except doom). Still waiting on destruction buffs but I have hope!
    Austin -=- Warlock -=- Logic -=- US-Suramar -=- 2/7M

We are recruiting!

Newest PTR Build...Look like some small dmg increases...

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)

•Agony Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing up to [ 3,480 + 27.3% [ 3,840 + 30% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 24 sec. This damage is dealt slowly at first and builds up each time it deals damage. 100 yd range. Instant.
    •Corruption (Affliction, Destruction) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Corruption (Demonology) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Corruption (Affliction, Destruction) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Corruption (Demonology) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Unstable Affliction Shadow energy slowly destroys the target, causing [ 1,974 + 26.4% [ 2,170 + 29% of Spell Power ] damage over 14 sec. If the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause [ 2,256 + 211.2% [ 2,480 + 232% of Spell Power ] damage to the dispeller and silence them for 4 sec. This damage always critically strikes. 100 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Affliction

•Agony Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing up to [ 3,480 + 27.3% [ 3,840 + 30% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 24 sec. This damage is dealt slowly at first and builds up each time it deals damage. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.
    •Drain Soul Drains the soul of the target, causing [ 250 + 23.4% [ 275 + 25.7% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage every 2 sec and energizing one Soul Shard after it deals damage twice. If the target dies and yields experience or honor, three Soul Shards are energized. Lasts 12 sec. If the target is at or below 20% health when Drain Soul deals damage, it deals 100% additional damage and causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 60% of their normal periodic damage. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1.5% of Base Mana, plus 1.5% per sec. 40 yd range. Instant (Channeled).
    •Malefic Grasp Binds the target in twilight, causing [ 512 + 12% [ 564 + 13.2% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 4 sec. Every 1 sec, when Malefic Grasp deals damage, it causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1.5% of Base Mana, plus 1.5% per sec. 40 yd range. Instant (Channeled).
    •Nightfall Your most recently applied Corruption has a 7% 10% chance when it deals damage to cause you to regain a Soul Shard. Warlock - Affliction Spec.
    •Unstable Affliction Shadow energy slowly destroys the target, causing [ 1,974 + 26.4% [ 2,170 + 29% of Spell Power ] damage over 14 sec. If the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause [ 2,256 + 211.2% [ 2,480 + 232% of Spell Power ] damage to the dispeller and silence them for 4 sec. This damage always critically strikes. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Destruction

•Immolate (Affliction, Demonology) Burns the enemy for [ 456 + 42.7% [ 502 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and then an additional [ 2,280 + 42.7% [ 2,510 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 15 sec.
    •Immolate (Destruction) Burns the enemy for [ 456 + 42.7% [ 502 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and then an additional [ 2,280 + 42.7% [ 2,510 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 15 sec.

Wow that's 10% to all dots and MG/DS for affliction right? So the only things that are not buffed are Haunt and Fel Flame, making it roughly a 7-8% buff single target overall?

Can anyone with some knowledge about mages tell if the combustion nerf is small or big?

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Wow that's 10% to all dots and MG/DS for affliction right? So the only things that are not buffed are Haunt and Fel Flame, making it roughly a 7-8% buff single target overall?
    Yeah, I am obv a fan of this. Hopefully these stick through the numbers pass.

they are buffing most of the dps specs in the game. let's bloat those numbers even more. nothing to get excited about really. I just feel even more bad for spriests atm.

Very nice to see a 10% buff to all the dots across the board (except Doom). Lets hope they do a bit more for Destro/Demo so they aren't dead compared to Aff.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post

Can anyone with some knowledge about mages tell if the combustion nerf is small or big?
    About a 5% nerf on single target I think, much bigger nerf on cleave fights.

"Item - Warlock PvP Set 4P Bonus: Your allies can use your Demonic Gateway again 15 sec sooner."
    Damn this devs suck balls- gateway should be gone from pvp, and now pve gets the unintentional hit.

fuck this

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...am-so-done.jpg
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes