Epic!
    Yesterday during the PTR tests the Wushoolay trinket (fixed at 540ilvl iirc) seemed to proc all the time on the pull and then continue to proc as soon as it faded. I had up to 50% uptime on Spoils of Pandaria as Destro
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

Well, wush is kind of special because it cannot proc for I believe 11 seconds after you got a proc, because that would screw over the stacking part of the proc.

BUT, even though during those 11 seconds the chance to proc is equal to 0, the time_since_last_chance_to_proc keeps incrementing and will equal to 10 at the end of the proc as if you did no dmg at all for 10 seconds (it's not gonna be 11 because it's capped at 10).

So basically, the first time you deal damage after the proc faded, you are gonna have 1.21 * (10/60) = 20.16% chance to proc. This is just the very first instance of damage you deal. After that, the proc chance is back to normal.

You can get lucky and sometimes have proc after proc, but it's not gonna happen that often (1/5 of the times). Proc after proc doesn't really benefit destro anyway, since you burn your embers during the first proc.

Epic!
    You can get lucky and sometimes have proc after proc, but it's not gonna happen that often (1/5 of the times). Proc after proc doesn't really benefit destro anyway, since you burn your embers during the first proc.
    Well I was talking of the "Spoils of Pandaria" so I was spamming Chaos bolts and Shadowburns...

WoW-Heroes

Probably going back to the crit build for demo come 5.4. Anyone test if Cha-ye's still has a decent proc for crit hits? I might replace UVLS for that one until I get something From SoO or I might go after the trinket from Timeless Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtlocker View Post
    Probably going back to the crit build for demo come 5.4. Anyone test if Cha-ye's still has a decent proc for crit hits? I might replace UVLS for that one until I get something From SoO or I might go after the trinket from Timeless Isle.
    Only down side to the Isle trinket is no heroic version available, but I think for the time being it will be quite good, at least until you get some SoO drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Demo isn't that far off other than trinkets kinda suck for it since guardian (imps) don't work with KTT/cleave and don't get the crit bonus multiplier of amp. However with a full crit setup you can get to the ballpark of pre 5.4 ULVS (live) or at least I could last I tried it a build or two ago.

Aff seems like it will be dominant with a haste/mastery setup using amp+KTT. You could theoretically offspec demo and still use UVLS to make the crit a non factor....at least for normal modes.

Destro is just so bad with no hope in sight. I'd almost think there is some grand thing all of us are missing as to how the spec might not suck but I just can't riddle it out. Its set bonuses are long odds RNG and inverse scaling w' the ICD on the crit bonus. It doesn't do anything special w' trinkets like demo did w' UVLS. Its primary and secondary stat scaling is behind both lock specs and quite a bit behind other casters. I just don't see where it will pull a rabbit out of its butt in any fashion to avoid failing come 5.4 patch.
    Why amp? Wushoolay has an absolutely dominating proc, and as affliction the high duration, low nr of procs on Bindings is quite bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtlocker View Post
    It has 0,85 RPPM, multiplied by your crit. So if you go heavy crit, it will have relatively high RPPM. Wushoolay still seems stronger though, with a monstrous proc on 1,21 RPPM.

So apperantly 5.4 is going live on the 10th (or 11th) of september. This gives them some time to fix destro. Source is an interview on Gamescom: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/wow-...-11-september/

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    So apperantly 5.4 is going live on the 10th (or 11th) of september. This gives them some time to fix destro. Source is an interview on Gamescom: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/wow-...-11-september/
    I tend to not agree, they really want to drop the patch the same day as the FF release. 25m testing is going to be done soon, then it's the final numbers pass and release....coming much sooner than the 10th.

Epic!
    I tend to not agree, they really want to drop the patch the same day as the FF release. 25m testing is going to be done soon, then it's the final numbers pass and release....coming much sooner than the 10th.
    Hmm... I wonder if we should believe you or Tom Chilton

Bad news because we have two more weeks of ToT (zzzzz), good news because they have more time to buff Destro :/

WoW-Heroes

[QUOTE=It has 0,85 RPPM, multiplied by your crit. So if you go heavy crit, it will have relatively high RPPM. Wushoolay still seems stronger though, with a monstrous proc on 1,21 RPPM.[/QUOTE]

I would much rather have WFC, but trinket drops have not been kind to me this tier. Just considering the next best for what I plan on doing.

@TheBgreene - Right, the isle trinket will eventually get replaced. Just considering some better options than what I got and until I can get my hands on the SoO trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hmm... I wonder if we should believe you or Tom Chilton

Bad news because we have two more weeks of ToT (zzzzz), good news because they have more time to buff Destro :/
    Seems legit, but we have to wait for the actual interview to be sure I guess.

Really don't like that they tell us patch is on the 27th and then less than a week before that it gets changed up. 2 more weeks of ToT T_T

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Seems legit, but we have to wait for the actual interview to be sure I guess.

Really don't like that they tell us patch is on the 27th and then less than a week before that it gets changed up. 2 more weeks of ToT T_T
    Welp...I guess it's confirmed...I'm not upset by this though, more time to get some more hm content done!

I also think you can now be sure that destro is going to get some love.
    Last edited by TheBGreene; 2013-08-21 at 03:37 PM.

i think ppl like zumzum and brusalk would gladly have it delayed a week or 2, if it would give destro some much needed love.

It's definitely not a bad thing for class and encounter balancing, but still I am pretty disappointed that I have to farm stale old content twice a week for another 2 weeks the real shame is that no one was initially expecting the patch as soon as the 27th, but the for some reason Blizz ''announces'' that and then takes it back. Even if it was an accident, that seems like pretty damn bad PR to me.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    It's definitely not a bad thing for class and encounter balancing, but still I am pretty disappointed that I have to farm stale old content twice a week for another 2 weeks the real shame is that no one was initially expecting the patch as soon as the 27th, but the for some reason Blizz ''announces'' that and then takes it back. Even if it was an accident, that seems like pretty damn bad PR to me.
    I agree. "Oh hey, shiny new content on the 27th, psyyyyyyyyyych, we got you good"

But to echo what you said, it is good for class and encounter balancing. I will take it two weeks longer if it means a better quality of life in terms of game play.

Hey, Been watching the topic for a while now. Feels like a dismal future for Destro in it's current state. I find it quite odd that there have not been many positive changes seen at this point for Destruction but remain hopeful.

As I do not hardcore raid I am not forced into taking the FotM specs for my class but that does not mean I want to find my placement on the meters via looking just up above the healers either.

Would love to find some pooled resources start coming together for some key things for Destro moving into 5.4. I know a lot of things are still subject to change but heading into 5.4 I would like to be able to find things like: secondary stat prioritization, optimal changes in rotation using the new AD (i.e. use one charge on pull etc.) , trinket combos to strive for (gearing up through BiS) and so on.

/crossesfingers

Quote Originally Posted by icedlight View Post
    Hey, Been watching the topic for a while now. Feels like a dismal future for Destro in it's current state. I find it quite odd that there have not been many positive changes seen at this point for Destruction but remain hopeful.

As I do not hardcore raid I am not forced into taking the FotM specs for my class but that does not mean I want to find my placement on the meters via looking just up above the healers either.

Would love to find some pooled resources start coming together for some key things for Destro moving into 5.4. I know a lot of things are still subject to change but heading into 5.4 I would like to be able to find things like: secondary stat prioritization, optimal changes in rotation using the new AD (i.e. use one charge on pull etc.) , trinket combos to strive for (gearing up through BiS) and so on.

/crossesfingers
    None of that can truly happen until the final numbers pass is done...In due time my friend, in due time. It would all just be specualtion that could change with 1 patch note.

Also if it remains this bad, it's kind of a waste to spend all that time optimizing. Currently, if you play destro in 5.4 you apparently don't care much about being competitive anyway

If someone's still doubting about the release date, here's the actual interview where they state it's the 10th & 11th: http://wow.gamona.de/2013/08/21/game...cory-stockton/

Well, 2 more weeks of hope for the Destruction lovers (although I'm not holding my breath at this point).
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

Pokémon FC: 4484-9268-1262 IGN Neryssa. Water Safari: Krabby/Quagsire/Frogadier