1. #3081
    High Overlord TheBGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Well, 2 more weeks of hope for the Destruction lovers (although I'm not holding my breath at this point).
    Oh you all are going to get something, I can just about guarantee that, however, will it be what you are seeking...probably not.

    You can probably expect a % buff to incinerate, conflag and maybe some more to immolate too. I do not really think there is much they can do to offset the RoF nerf in terms of embers unless they just increase the amount of ember bits that the above 3 spells generate.

  2. #3082
    Well, with 2 additional weeks tagged on to the patch drop date, that's plenty of time for more number passes, meaning there is hope for destro again, no? I'm preparing myself for disappointment, but this does give me a little more hope that I wont have to switch specs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Oh you all are going to get something, I can just about guarantee that, however, will it be what you are seeking...probably not.

    You can probably expect a % buff to incinerate, conflag and maybe some more to immolate too. I do not really think there is much they can do to offset the RoF nerf in terms of embers unless they just increase the amount of ember bits that the above 3 spells generate.
    I thought they said that they would prefer to buff the consumers, rather than the generators? Or was that never an "official" statement?

  3. #3083
    High Overlord TheBGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    I tend to think they haven't the slightest bit of an idea what they want to do.

  4. #3084
    I always say that we're the "sandbox" class of WoW - as in, we're the experimentation class for the devs, and they usually have no clue what to do with us.

    I guess that will be proven true yet again.

    At this point I'd be happy with anything, because I'm not expecting anything anyway. :P
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

    <Did it for Whitney> 14/14H recruiting exceptional players for WoD!

  5. #3085
    They must know at least several good options regarding Destro. They clearly read the forums and there have been several really good ideas out there.

    I'm afraid that they have decided to do nothing further.

    In certain niche situations Destro can be O.P. (Primordious,Tortos,Horridon) I think that they are afraid if they buff Destro enough for everyday use then the outliers will be totally off the charts.

    But that mostly comes from clever cleaving Shadowburns off adds. Or RoF's previous ember gen.

    Buffing Incinerate, Conflag and Chaosbolt shouldn't be a problem. Not even in PvP where Chaosbolt is super nerfed.

  6. #3086
    Stood in the Fire ZaneBusby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    I do not really think there is much they can do to offset the RoF nerf in terms of embers unless they just increase the amount of ember bits that the above 3 spells generate.
    There is, and it's a simple fix that contains absolutely no negative repercussions in PvE, nor PvP, and I can't fathom for the life of me why the fuck they haven't done it yet.

    Immolate ticks generate 1 emberbit.
    Immolate crit ticks generate 2 emberbits.

    It doesn't affect our AoE at all, because currently on a good AoE fight on live we're ember capped 99.9% of the time anyway, and it just fixes what Zumzum was reporting a few pages back about how Destro can't even sustain 6 target AoE anymore on the PTR (iirc that's the number he said, please correct me if I'm mistaken) because the RoF ember generation nerf means we're ember negative when using FnB.

    It doesn't affect our single target at all, because the ember generation would be pretty bloody close to that of current RoF's, meaning we can still pump out something close to the same number of ember consumers as we currently do.

    And it won't affect PvP at all, because it's no worse than the enemy standing in RoF you've dropped on the ground in terms of gaining you embers... Plus the fact it's so easily dispelled.

    And on top of that it likely won't affect our stat priorities at all, and nor would it encourage odd gameplay, as it's already a core part of our rotation as it is.

  7. #3087
    In niche situations, there are "OP" specs for all classes. Just look at demo on multi dot fights, Council being a PRIME example. Granted, the strength comes from UVLS, but still, that reasoning behind why they wouldn't want to buff destro doesn't really hold water.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    There is, and it's a simple fix that contains absolutely no negative repercussions in PvE, nor PvP, and I can't fathom for the life of me why the fuck they haven't done it yet.

    Immolate ticks generate 1 emberbit.
    Immolate crit ticks generate 2 emberbits.

    It doesn't affect our AoE at all, because currently on a good AoE fight on live we're ember capped 99.9% of the time anyway, and it just fixes what Zumzum was reporting a few pages back about how Destro can't even sustain 6 target AoE anymore on the PTR (iirc that's the number he said, please correct me if I'm mistaken) because the RoF ember generation nerf means we're ember negative when using FnB.

    It doesn't affect our single target at all, because the ember generation would be pretty bloody close to that of current RoF's, meaning we can still pump out something close to the same number of ember consumers as we currently do.

    And it won't affect PvP at all, because it's no worse than the enemy standing in RoF you've dropped on the ground in terms of gaining you embers... Plus the fact it's so easily dispelled.

    And on top of that it likely won't affect our stat priorities at all, and nor would it encourage odd gameplay, as it's already a core part of our rotation as it is.
    By far the best approach to the ember gen problem I've heard yet, assuming the numbers are there to back it up.

  8. #3088
    This poster is all over FB and Twitter too, so it's real. There's plenty of time to fix Destro and compensate for UVLS.

  9. #3089
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    In niche situations, there are "OP" specs for all classes. Just look at demo on multi dot fights, Council being a PRIME example. Granted, the strength comes from UVLS, but still, that reasoning behind why they wouldn't want to buff destro doesn't really hold water.

    I didn't say it was a good reason.

  10. #3090
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This poster is all over FB and Twitter too, so it's real. There's plenty of time to fix Destro and compensate for UVLS.
    Crossing my fingers for Destro.

    Also, I can't wait to get rid of this freaking UVLS.

  11. #3091
    Yeah, it's up on bnet, patch drop is 100% confirmed to be the 10th now, barring Blizzard HQ exploding.

  12. #3092
    The Patient sasofrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    328
    5.4 is definitely delayed to September 10th.

    > http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/107...mmar-8_21_2013

    The picture has 09.10.13 and that is all the proof this guy needs :l
    Austin -=- Warlock -=- Logic -=- US-Suramar -=- 14/14H

    We are recruiting!

  13. #3093
    I'm both happy and disappointed with the new date. I was really looking forward to hitting up SoO next week, but if this means that destro will get some love, I can be patient.

  14. #3094
    High Overlord TheBGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    There is, and it's a simple fix that contains absolutely no negative repercussions in PvE, nor PvP, and I can't fathom for the life of me why the fuck they haven't done it yet.

    Immolate ticks generate 1 emberbit.
    Immolate crit ticks generate 2 emberbits.

    It doesn't affect our AoE at all, because currently on a good AoE fight on live we're ember capped 99.9% of the time anyway, and it just fixes what Zumzum was reporting a few pages back about how Destro can't even sustain 6 target AoE anymore on the PTR (iirc that's the number he said, please correct me if I'm mistaken) because the RoF ember generation nerf means we're ember negative when using FnB.

    It doesn't affect our single target at all, because the ember generation would be pretty bloody close to that of current RoF's, meaning we can still pump out something close to the same number of ember consumers as we currently do.

    And it won't affect PvP at all, because it's no worse than the enemy standing in RoF you've dropped on the ground in terms of gaining you embers... Plus the fact it's so easily dispelled.

    And on top of that it likely won't affect our stat priorities at all, and nor would it encourage odd gameplay, as it's already a core part of our rotation as it is.
    This could basically be applied to all 3. This would also then lead to crit being a desired stat which in turn increases the damage of CB without buffing the base damage, thus having 0 pvp implication of CB being too "OP" (even though its not even close to good anymore).

  15. #3095
    The Patient Kagecamia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hell aka Detroit
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    This poster is all over FB and Twitter too, so it's real. There's plenty of time to fix Destro and compensate for UVLS.
    Fixing destro is plausible since they haven't seen any buffs to the spec besides immolate buff. This i could see happening.

    However compensation for UVLS for demo? Not a chance

  16. #3096
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    There is, and it's a simple fix that contains absolutely no negative repercussions in PvE, nor PvP, and I can't fathom for the life of me why the fuck they haven't done it yet.

    Immolate ticks generate 1 emberbit.
    Immolate crit ticks generate 2 emberbits.

    It doesn't affect our AoE at all, because currently on a good AoE fight on live we're ember capped 99.9% of the time anyway, and it just fixes what Zumzum was reporting a few pages back about how Destro can't even sustain 6 target AoE anymore on the PTR (iirc that's the number he said, please correct me if I'm mistaken) because the RoF ember generation nerf means we're ember negative when using FnB.

    It doesn't affect our single target at all, because the ember generation would be pretty bloody close to that of current RoF's, meaning we can still pump out something close to the same number of ember consumers as we currently do.

    And it won't affect PvP at all, because it's no worse than the enemy standing in RoF you've dropped on the ground in terms of gaining you embers... Plus the fact it's so easily dispelled.

    And on top of that it likely won't affect our stat priorities at all, and nor would it encourage odd gameplay, as it's already a core part of our rotation as it is.
    Just buffing Immolate with that isn't enough to fully compensate for the RoF change. It requires more comprehensive changes.

    Also, while that could certainly be a valid approach, I personally don't like it as that moves Destro more into a DoT-spec role rather than a Nuke-spec. Also, I believe they've said (and I agree with it, if true) that they're uncomfortable with Destro generating so many embers, and instead want to compensate by making the embers we do have worth more. (As it was pre-5.2)

  17. #3097
    Wouldn't that cause problems in pvp though? (not that I in ANY way agree with pve being screwed over by pvp) If we had our chaos bolts or shadowburns buffed to levels that would "fix" our dps issue now that RoF emberbit gen is gone, would that not cause those two spells to be over powered in pvp?

  18. #3098
    Watched a couple streams of locks playing PTR affliction in 3's. Damage is way to high. Against both vanguards shaman (as ele) and pally, the lock on the other team consistently did more damage than Vanguards & hunter combined. Dark soul damage coming every 1 minute is too strong, when coupled with the UA/corr/agony buffs.

    I think UA/Agony might get the "does 25% less damage to players" treatment. Either that or the warlock wear-down comps will dominate next season.

  19. #3099
    Are there not comps that own the leader boards every season..?

  20. #3100
    Scarab Lord roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    4,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonwraith View Post
    Are there not comps that own the leader boards every season..?
    I miss when every spec brought its own buff to the table, so instead of having three of the top spec, you had one of each
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •