Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Go Go Warlock Twitter team!

They probably blocked our messages after the KJC debacle.

Be polite and to the point!

I noticed Zumzum has a thread going on the PTR forums as well.
    Link to the post?

Edited. Found it

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9742044193
    Last edited by Ravon; 2013-08-22 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    You have to realize that not everyone in that group is from Midwinter. Also, I tested Demonology along with 2 other locks. There was a 4th lock playing Destro. While the destro lock had us for quite awhile, I started pickin up my damage up to 700-800 then hover around 600k for the rest of the phase. Personally i like Demonology for the fight. Not saying I'm better than other locks but be careful what you see on streams. Even if someone in the group is able to pull absurd numbers chances your guild replicating a said strat or you performing at the same level of said player more than likely won't happen.

I've tested all 3 specs on most of the 25m versions of the fights an have to say that besides Garrosh, can't really comment on the others as far as dmg output. This is due to ilvl scaling affecting hit etc.
    I agree, just thought I would share what I had witnessed

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ember generation buff is prolly off the table ... I don't think there's much room to buff CB because of pvp concerns (however properly or improperly founded) ... I'm concerned a buff to Incinerate might be too strong for aoe and single-target might suffer a backlash of a re-nerf ... so where does that leave us ? Conflag and Shadowburn ?
    I Agree, i daubt there will be any Ember Generation buff. But, buffing Incinerate too, could be a pvp concern aswell. Its a filler ability after all. And if they just gonna buff Incinerate/conflagrate, they gonna hurt bad. Closing to much in to CB, will make CB less "special" as GC call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Another PTR build just got posted on the front page.

It has very, very few changes and half of it was rebalancing HR around the input lag problem.

I think it's time to get very, very concerned and (nicely) vocal to the dev team. I'm gonna start using my twitter account to tweet @ a few people for the first time in a very, very long time.
    Good luck, I have sent out at least 100 tweets to GC abotu ember generation and also spec balance. Not one response.

But, buffing Incinerate too, could be a pvp concern aswell.
    If Incinirate gets buffed that would be the best pvp buff without braking it. CB is trash without CDs anyways, keeping high Incinirate pressure and using embers for shadowburn is the way to go how things might work well. So yeah, you guys can get incinirate buff for pve with no problem- at this point destro is pvp wise dead.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

Epic!
    I noticed Zumzum has a thread going on the PTR forums as well.
    That's not really me, he copy/pasted one of my post from these forums

Yeah maybe you can try to voice our cause a bit more on the official PTR forums. I never had any answer on Twitter.

PS: Wowhead has one change for locks, Imp's dispel is now 20 sec CD (10 before) and 1.5 sec cast (Instant before)
    Last edited by Zumzumzum; 2013-08-23 at 12:04 AM.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

What spec are people gonna be turning to when 5.4 hits? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    From the looks of things, I'll be trying to stick with normal Demo (possibly trying crit build since I have so much already on gear). I may have to learn to play Affliction and drop Destro.

Affliction and Demonology, for the first week of normals at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think we all need to get on the same page and present a cohesive message. If it's all over the place it'll be easier to dismiss.

Ember generation buff is prolly off the table ... I don't think there's much room to buff CB because of pvp concerns (however properly or improperly founded) ... I'm concerned a buff to Incinerate might be too strong for aoe and single-target might suffer a backlash of a re-nerf ... so where does that leave us ? Conflag and Shadowburn ?
    I was mostly going to suggest buffing Chaos Bolt damage while buffing the pvp reduction (so it's the same in PvP, but PvE gets compensation), and buffing Shadowburn (because in GCs own words, executes can hit super hard because if you're under 20% anyway, you are probably dead), along with scaling buffs to ember generators. I think that's a bit on the heavy side for asking them to do stuff.

I don't really think buffing Ember generation should be what we want, that plants our feet due to KjC and makes our Havoc cleave less potent (which we need a buff on).

I was going to start out by asking them for their official position on what they think of Destro post-RoF based on their testing and PTR testing results.

- - - Updated - - -

Assuming nothing changes, Demo MS w/ Aff OS, respeccing to Destro for fights where it's actually ahead due to mechanics.

I was going to start out by asking them for their official position on what they think of Destro post-RoF based on their testing and PTR testing results.- - - Updated - - -
    Do you think FnB should be rolled back into MF? or perhaps RoF & FnB have a slightly bigger radius (as standard) to compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasukan View Post
    Do you think FnB should be rolled back into MF? or perhaps RoF & FnB have a slightly bigger radius (as standard) to compensate?
    I'm of the opinion that MF should provide the AoE range increasing effect while MF is off cooldown, and provide ONLY the damage increase when used.

It would solve not only Destro problems, but also Demo ranged-AoE problems as well.

I'm of the opinion that MF should provide the AoE range increasing effect while MF is off cooldown, and provide ONLY the damage increase when used.

It would solve not only Destro problems, but also Demo ranged-AoE problems as well.
    This is so Right on many levels, hopefully this can happen, but unlikley

Honestly, there should be zero issues with buffing CB damage as relates to PvP. As is, I'm pretty sure it's never worth casting in 5.4 arena (sans KC, 3 sec cast time, -25% hidden reduc, GoSac component = DoT). In 5.4 gear, a Dark Soul CB might hit for 30% of a players healthbar before damage reduction/absorbs? Factor in the now now stationary wind-up and the rest of the drawbacks, and the spell kills itself. Not to mention that embers are harder to come by thanks to RoF.

Destro pvp is going to just be FF/Conflag spam, occasional drafted incins depending on positioning, and gaming everything you have for Shadowburn snipes. The can buff the hell out of CB without hurting pvp in the slightest. Consequently, I'd rather see buffs to Conflag/Incin/FF coefs because of this.

I am gonna go with affliction, i don't really want to go demonology but it seems like it could be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Same as now. Aff/Demo. I'm sure one or the other will do fine. =P But could change since we have two resets until next patch...

I agree with Brusalk in the theory behind MF for destro. After the RoF change something needs to give. That and/or a fix relating to aoe sustainability of F&B use on say 4-6 targets (which is a very common grouping size).

My suggestions for destro are pretty simple but would fix quite a bit.
    *Incin, conflag, FF (dest only) buffed 10% to match immolate
    *Conflag's recharge reduced by haste rating
    *Backdraft minor glyph trading 30% haste for 30% crit to incinerate
    *Ember consumers buffed about 30%
    *T16 4pc loses the ICD
    *T16 2pc is 100% conflag crit or 30-33% conflag hit

Those are pretty standard. I would consider scraping the 2pc bonus for something like "each time you conflag you gain a stack of ____, at 5x stacks you gain a emberless shadowburn (or cb) useable at any HP". Could add a "can't proc or be used vs players" if its that much of a problem. I also still kind of feel like the RoF change exposes some fundamental flaws in the destro aoe system now that MF is a cooldown. So either Brusalk's suggestion or just make RoF "spellweave" cleave from each target it hits in its radius to other targets. This would give enough hits that a lower ember generation per hit is no problem but be useless for single target while allowing sustainability. Another "nice to have" would be a minor glyph for fel flame to trade its 5.4 14%'ish dmg gain for its old dot renewal allowing locks to pick their playstyle.

Clearly destro needs help in pvp too but there is just too much bias against the big green dildo of doom regardless of what other classes do in terms of burst....

Incinerate cast time and damage increased 10% is likely.
    2.2s is not too long.

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    Incinerate cast time and damage increased 10% is likely.
    2.2s is not too long.
    what would this accomplish? destro needs buffs, this would just make KJC seem just ever so slightly more important but that's really it. DPS in general wouldn't change at all.
    Austin -=- Warlock -=- Logic -=- US-Suramar -=- 14/14H

We are recruiting!

I'm back from hibernation and sad as buck. Excuse my lack of thread-related knowledge, but for now, I just glanced at the changes and would like to issue a bounty of 50.000 Gold to anyone who brings the person responsible for the KJC change to the middle of VoEB and shoots him in his right temple with a large caliber bullet. Not to QQ too much though, will do some soul-searching and decide, if my doubleaffli is the way to 5.4. Off to read the most of the thread.

Have a fine friday folks.