1. #3221
    High Overlord TheBGreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hmm I hadn't seen the Spirit part of the trinket. Does it mean that Hybrids should get it before us ? :/
    Luckily enough for me I am only competing against my ele shaman for this trinket so hopefully we both get it quickly.

    I honestly think they should pull the spirit off of this trinket. It is already only proccing for damage spells so why give hybrids the benefit of extra hit as well when we cannot.

  2. #3222
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    It's all about the base mastery levels (which I've taken the liberty to underline in that pic. The green digit is the amount of mastery from gear/buffs). It has no effect on the scaling/value of mastery whatsoever, it just buffs the base amount of mastery at level cap, increasing damage. The only side effect of this is a minor buff to lesser geared players in the process, but lesser gear is irrelevant anyway (level cap is NOT balanced around heroic 5man gear at this point), and it would only be very minor, probably almost negligible...

    Not that it matters all that much, because he's already shoved it off to the side, just that I find it amusing.
    I believe this type of tuning was previously experimented with upon Frost Mages. The bonus from adding Mastery rating was very large compared to the small base pool, presumably to incentivize Mastery allocation on gear and gems.
    Warlock DOT Haste Spreadsheet 5.4 - Level 90

  3. #3223
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Can someone please clarifiy that trinkets stats. Does it give a flat constant 7-9% increase to haste and mastery (and spirit but who cares) just equipping it or is it boosting your existing % of haste by 7-9% of that number?
    it increases your existing haste/mastery by 7%. if you have 10k of those all, you get 700 increase in every stat. and its critical strike damage, not crit rating.
    Last edited by parayok; 2013-08-23 at 04:55 PM.

  4. #3224
    Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    it increases your existing haste/mastery by 7%. if you have 10k of those all, you get 700 increase in every stat. and its critical strike damage, not crit rating.
    Yeah i noticed that, i didnt mention the crit portion. Tho i wonder if thats a flat 7% like bane brought out crit damage to 105%.
    hum. The spirit part is going to make it more of a everyone will want it item, but at least its on the first boss. not like we have to wait until we get to dark animus to get a chance for a decent trinket.

  5. #3225
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'm of the opinion that MF should provide the AoE range increasing effect while MF is off cooldown, and provide ONLY the damage increase when used.

    It would solve not only Destro problems, but also Demo ranged-AoE problems as well.
    Only concern is basically switching the way AV currently functions on live with MF (how it sounds like) in that if Blizz ever thought about doing this then both effects would be deactivated on cooldown. Also unsure how exactly it'd help Destro since there's still the whole lack of ember thing plaguing the spec, no?

  6. #3226
    The Patient sasofrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Only concern is basically switching the way AV currently functions on live with MF (how it sounds like) in that if Blizz ever thought about doing this then both effects would be deactivated on cooldown. Also unsure how exactly it'd help Destro since there's still the whole lack of ember thing plaguing the spec, no?
    It would make it easier to at least put rain of fire over multiple targets and gain extra embers that way when possible. Right now, most of the SoO fights have the adds spread out and the tiny rain of fire radius can't really hit all of them.
    Austin -=- US-Suramar -=- Warlock -=- 14/14H -=- Logic

  7. #3227
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Only concern is basically switching the way AV currently functions on live with MF (how it sounds like) in that if Blizz ever thought about doing this then both effects would be deactivated on cooldown. Also unsure how exactly it'd help Destro since there's still the whole lack of ember thing plaguing the spec, no?
    Huh? Can you clarify a bit? I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

  8. #3228
    I think he's saying MF should always give the range bonus, and the damage strictly be the CD. That is, the CD won't make the range bonus go away (unlike how like AV stops giving the damage when it's on CD).

  9. #3229
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Hmm I hadn't seen the Spirit part of the trinket. Does it mean that Hybrids should get it before us ? :/
    It was just recently changed so I don't blame you for not seeing it. But I don't think it should have any barring on if hybrids should get it before us or not. I don't think that hit gain is really going to be the game changer to give it to them over us in any way. Even with the healing effect bonus on it - how often do hybrids heal outside of a 3 minute CD? Not often.
    Not#1974

  10. #3230
    Brewmaster lakers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,469
    Another day, another round of tweets with nothing about warlocks. Thanks GC.

  11. #3231
    Are people actually providing them with PTR logs showing how bad locks (well, destro) are instead of just complaining and trying to tell them that they don't know what they're doing?

    Because that's what the shammies (and DKs) have been doing and they're seeing reversals on some nerfs and some slight buffs.

  12. #3232
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Madstrike View Post
    Are people actually providing them with PTR logs showing how bad locks (well, destro) are instead of just complaining and trying to tell them that they don't know what they're doing?

    Because that's what the shammies (and DKs) have been doing and they're seeing reversals on some nerfs and some slight buffs.
    Do we really need logs to show how bad destruction is doing on fights that aren't like spoils or horridon?

  13. #3233
    The Patient sasofrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    294
    They're probably aware but thinking "if we buff their ember generation, then we're going against we say... if we buff incinerate/conflag then their AoE is too high... if we buff chaos bolt/shadowburn then they're too bursty in pvp..."
    Austin -=- US-Suramar -=- Warlock -=- 14/14H -=- Logic

  14. #3234
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    They're probably aware but thinking "if we buff their ember generation, then we're going against we say... if we buff incinerate/conflag then their AoE is too high... if we buff chaos bolt/shadowburn then they're too bursty in pvp..."
    If that is what they think, they should think again. CB is so pathetic in PvP a slight buff would be hardly uncalled for.

    I still believe in what Lore said, that is that they are either going to compensate for the ember generation loss elsewhere or they are going to balance us around the lower embergen.

    Also, I tweeted Lore regarding this issue and MF being useless for Destro, but surprise, surprise no response...

  15. #3235
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    If that is what they think, they should think again. CB is so pathetic in PvP a slight buff would be hardly uncalled for.

    I still believe in what Lore said, that is that they are either going to compensate for the ember generation loss elsewhere or they are going to balance us around the lower embergen.

    Also, I tweeted Lore regarding this issue and MF being useless for Destro, but surprise, surprise no response...
    I'm actually kinda confused how tweets work. Early on when I was following (and being followed by) like no one, I had a conversation with someone on there through tweets, and from what I can remember I could tell when I got a tweet.

    But I have to imagine if you're tweeting at someone who isn't following you, especially if they have thousands/millions of followers and are probably getting thousands of tweets a day, it's real easy for things to get lost in the mix.

    This being on-topic because I want to contribute to the Twitter communication about whether they still intend to compensate Destro for the ember generation nerf, and if so how.
    --
    Boub called me a fanboy
    --
    #SaveDrainSoul #TakeMaleficGraspInstead

  16. #3236
    @CountZero, you just write a tweet and include @[TwitterHandle] in it. To tweet to Ghostcrawler about something, you'd write "@Ghostcrawler Is there still a plan to buff Destro for losing RoF embergen?"

    How behind is Destro truly? I imagine it'll be viable for Normals still, as any other spec is.

    Also, is Aff going to be gemming straight secondary stats still? How about Demo?

  17. #3237
    The thing that keeps me slightly worried is this.

    Its now saturday the 24th, we wont see the new datamined stuff go live on the ptr till earliest monday the 26th.

    We get a new datamine on say wed the 28th, it goes live monday the 2nd.

    Now that leaves 1 week between what should be a release candidate build on monday the 2nd (or tuesday the 3rd)

    Im not sure you can actually leave it much later than that and i can also garauntee they are not going to get the numbers correct for destruction first time round as there is absoloutely no plausable way you can make it even competitive on single target with how much it can cheese ember regen from extra targets.

    It does feel kinda shit to be balanced around gimmicks but my biggest problem is that the loss of mannoroths fury (from live) really decimates destructions ability to shine on a lot of encounters.

    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  18. #3238
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Do we really need logs to show how bad destruction is doing on fights that aren't like spoils or horridon?
    Destro is outstanding on Spoils, Pride, Galakras, and most importantly...Hellscream. What buffs are you people expecting? In 530 gear you can hit a stable 400k on Hellscream as a matter of fact. Destro has it's niche this tier. Stop crying and tweeting. What has happened to the warlock community? We used to out dps our expectations and take nerfs like men. Now I see everyone crying like mages.
    Cabana Pie Chart US 10th

  19. #3239
    The Patient sasofrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    294
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Destro is outstanding on Spoils, Pride, Galakras, and most importantly...Hellscream. What buffs are you people expecting? In 530 gear you can hit a stable 400k on Hellscream as a matter of fact. Destro has it's niche this tier. Stop crying and tweeting. What has happened to the warlock community? We used to out dps our expectations and take nerfs like men. Now I see everyone crying like mages.
    people aren't denying that destruction aoe is good but we are saying our aoe can be clunky with less than 5 targets and that our single target is crap
    Austin -=- US-Suramar -=- Warlock -=- 14/14H -=- Logic

  20. #3240
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Destro is outstanding on Spoils, Pride, Galakras, and most importantly...Hellscream. What buffs are you people expecting? In 530 gear you can hit a stable 400k on Hellscream as a matter of fact. Destro has it's niche this tier. Stop crying and tweeting. What has happened to the warlock community? We used to out dps our expectations and take nerfs like men. Now I see everyone crying like mages.
    Maybe if you were to think before typing that rashly you would remember that Rain of fire compensation is still due, we get that destro's aoe is tremendous, but its not anywhere near as strong as it was in t15 due to MF change.

    Destro's single target has absoloutely mind blowingly bad scaling, the meta is crap for us, our 10 min cd is barely worth casting and the only thing that was keeping us in the game (rain of fire ember regen) is now ripped out we are left extremely poorly off.

    This gets worse when you consider that the t16 set bonus's are a bit strange, 2 part being rng hell and the 4 part having inverse scaling. The problem comes that when we have these items and have the amp trinket (for predictably unloading burst t14 style) we most likely wont be that badly off, but not a single scaling issue has been addressed yet and thats not a very fun prospect to look forward to.

    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •