Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagecamia View Post
    With the loss of UVLS, how is demo doing on the fights? What about affliction? Are they top ranking specs or are we going to be middle of the pack this tier?
    Both are looking at the top, but there isn't really any solid data. Many other classes also got important changes, so it's very hard to tell without actually doing the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    "Actual numbers" from a sim that's been pretty poor for all three specs this entire expansion?
    Anything is better than "I think it's not going to be as good as picking up well itemized off set pieces, but have no real numbers or testing to back it up."

Maybe the 4set won't be THAT great for single target, but I can see it being quite strong in AoE or cleave situations. However, I can't say for sure one way or the other because we don't have a large enough log sample, nor the simulations to back up either claim.

Can somebody confirm if the 4set proccs of clipped haunts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Anything is better than "I think it's not going to be as good as picking up well itemized off set pieces, but have no real numbers or testing to back it up."

Maybe the 4set won't be THAT great for single target, but I can see it being quite strong in AoE or cleave situations. However, I can't say for sure one way or the other because we don't have a large enough log sample, nor the simulations to back up either claim.
    I'm not sure it matters that much. The only thing that can alter how many shards you are getting is killing mobs with Drain Soul. More shards means more procs from 4set, but it also means you will have an overflow anyway. Haunts that you don't channel MG/DS over are worth a lot less as well.

I agree we need a simulation for it, but I personally don't see any way our 4set can be stronger than extra haste/mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Apero View Post
    Can somebody confirm if the 4set proccs of clipped haunts?
    It does. Not sure how it works exactly mechanically, but it seems to just have a chance to proc every 8s after you applied a Haunt. In any case you can definitely get procs off Haunts that got clipped. Source: tested myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Because people spent too much time QQing about Immolate being a core part of Destruction and that "dispels counter us so hard". So, Blizzard made Immolate almost useless in PvP to satisfy all the wannabes that thought it would be the fix to Destro PvP. Funny thing is that dispelling Immolate was far from being the biggest problem, especially in 3s.
    Not saying it needs to, but no reason we can't have Immo back as a modifier to a dmg spell. Just need to make it instant cast like every other comparable DoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Not saying it needs to, but no reason we can't have Immo back as a modifier to a dmg spell. Just need to make it instant cast like every other comparable DoT.
    No. With immolate increasing the damage of our other spells it makes it too vital to keep on targets in pvp which means it'll just be dispelled so it's basically like an instant nerf to destruction. Even if immolate was an instant cast, this design was moved away from specifically so a dot doesn't determine if our damage is good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    I'm not sure it matters that much. The only thing that can alter how many shards you are getting is killing mobs with Drain Soul. More shards means more procs from 4set, but it also means you will have an overflow anyway. Haunts that you don't channel MG/DS over are worth a lot less as well.

I agree we need a simulation for it, but I personally don't see any way our 4set can be stronger than extra haste/mastery.
    I was talking about for Demo.

It used to be spam dispelled, but as instant and 8sec dispel CD it's fine. Just look at LB/FS. Eles have no issue keeping multiple FlameShocks up these days. And I'd much rather have burst delivery like Ele if they balance CB off of Immo instead of off an insane cast time.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no logical reason to go back to that way. It doesn't do anything to PvE and it makes destro PvP even less desirable. It'd be a shitty change in general.

Deleted
    no changes for Destro yet, patch creeps ever closer. looks like it's a full tier of Affliction again. urgh.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    no changes for Destro yet, patch creeps ever closer. looks like it's a full tier of Affliction again. urgh.
    i feel the same way, I personally hate affliction but, for some people this is a good thing. because they prefer playing affliction rather than destro or demo. still for me its gonna suck, i really liked playing destro and i probably still am going to even though my dps is gonna suffer for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    i feel the same way, I personally hate affliction but, for some people this is a good thing. because they prefer playing affliction rather than destro or demo. still for me its gonna suck, i really liked playing destro and i probably still am going to even though my dps is gonna suffer for it.
    I love both Destro and Demo, and I'm glad to get rid of UV:LS and the crappy, horrible mechanic, but it seems Affliction is just crazy strong again. I loved Affliction in Naxx10/25 with the difficulty and big ramped up damage, but the MoP affliction model is just horrible to me.

Deleted
    I really like every spec the class has to offer. If it shall be affliction.. well, back to the roots. I just can't believe the poor appearance of destruction and what I DON'T like is a last minute bandaid-patch that changes everything... and likely gets kind of reverted a few weeks into progression, because it was too radical. That's what I really don't need -.-

Deleted
    Personally, I never fancied Demo too much. Destro was the first thing I picked up and loved it for a while, but after it got hit by a nerftrain, I grew to like the affli mechanics. Jumping back next week to get acquainted with the changes just before 5.4 goes live. Still will miss my everglowing button of mobile-casting.

sorry... in 5.4 soul link+GoSac give 20% health (confirmed).. and give +3% all damage converted in healing ???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    and give +3% all damage converted in healing ???
    lol sadly no, that would be overkill, would be nice tho, but GoSac isnt really worth using anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    i was wondering about affliction opening after 5.4. With the new buff to haunt refreshing dots with procs with SB:SS will be the best way?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    i was wondering about affliction opening after 5.4. With the new buff to haunt refreshing dots with procs with SB:SS will be the best way?
    dont think anything has changed in regards to afflic opener.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    I AM A MASTER OF DEMONS AND DEATH! I HAVE BESTED THE LIKES OF ILLIDAN AND ARCHIMONDE! I HAVE MASTERED THE POWERS OF THE MANY WORLDS! I CAN DO ANYTHING..........except cast while moving! Honestly might go back healing if this goes live. All classes should be able to cast wile moving.
    true LOL ) thumbs up

Warlocks are not allowed to have fun, casting while moving was fun
    Hence it got spitted on, bashed, nerfed and finally throwed into a thrashbin

(Ps, guess my name i used before)