I am just confused at the massive buffs they are giving out this patch, mostly to classes that are already topping the meters. Im not asking for any nerfs but unless all the sims are off about how the equipment scales per spec, then where are they getting there reasoning from?

tbh as much as I loathe Affliction, I really liked the new incarnation of Soul Swap and was having fun with it on Flex this weekend (despite the massive input lag I was getting from playing at 400-500ms, damn PTR latency).

@SB:SS - yeah, either at the beginning, or for a 10-stack Wush.
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

<Did it for Whitney> 14/14H recruiting exceptional players for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    It's never worth to DS out of execute, and you should not SB:SS much at all, just a few at the start. Just refresh dots manually, the only thing I would SB:SS for on PTR is 10 stack Wushoolay.
    Pretty much this.

There are going to be times where you exhaust your 4 shards, but that is why we have nightfall. I do not think we are going to be shard hungry in 5.4 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    Pretty much this.

There are going to be times where you exhaust your 4 shards, but that is why we have nightfall. I do not think we are going to be shard hungry in 5.4 at all.
    On my testing, there's been times, but it's certainly not as bad as pre 5.4.
    WoW Warlock | D3 Monk | Twitter: @NeryssaBH

<Did it for Whitney> 14/14H recruiting exceptional players for WoD!

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    On my testing, there's been times, but it's certainly not as bad as pre 5.4.
    Heres to hoping for obscene Haunt uptimes for 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    I am just confused at the massive buffs they are giving out this patch, mostly to classes that are already topping the meters. Im not asking for any nerfs but unless all the sims are off about how the equipment scales per spec, then where are they getting there reasoning from?
    Please realize that they're balancing numbers around the new gear, and new fight mechanics.

They nerfed warlock AoE range going into 5.2 and no one really understood the reasoning. Then you get to a fight like Primordius where having that large AoE range would've broken the encounter entirely.

Changes aren't made in a vacuum, and a ton of things change between patches beyond just class mechanics changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't lose faith yet Zum...they basically have 1 week to implement changes with an additional week to test them...if we do not see anything by the 3rd-4th...then we can get our torches and pitchforks....
    Now is the time to break out the torches. We can't wait any longer. It's too close to release and they're only slowing down even more on class changes.

3rd/4th is way too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Now is the time to break out the torches. We can't wait any longer. It's too close to release and they're only slowing down even more on class changes.

3rd/4th is way too late.
    Warlocks...ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We just need to determine the best way to approach it...I have tried twitter...useless as GC and crew probably get 10k tweets a day and they certainly do nto sift through them all.

Well do we have any actual data/testing to back it up? If the suggestion that destro is fine on ~4 fights is true, there is not that much ground for protest?

Mechagnome Narwhalosh Whalescream's Avatar
    Sitting on my head with barbequed polar bear flanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Jaylock more like Gayblock

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Well do we have any actual data/testing to back it up? If the suggestion that destro is fine on ~4 fights is true, there is not that much ground for protest?
    Not being mean, but to much facepalm in that comment, ye your spec is ok on 25% of the tier.
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

Warlocks...ASSEMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

We just need to determine the best way to approach it...I have tried twitter...useless as GC and crew probably get 10k tweets a day and they certainly do nto sift through them all.
    Torches and QQ usually works

Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Yeah. Here's the thing. A lot of people have been speculating that it will be "dog shit," yet there aren't any numbers to back that up. I can see where that is probably true for Affliction, but Demo doesn't sound completely terrible as long as the bugs are worked out.

My advice is to reserve judgment until we have a definitive answer via simcraft.
    i dont need simcraft to tell you that the 4pc is dog shit, i can use actual in game testing and results to prove that it is dog shit.... so as i said... the 4pc is dog shit.

BRING FORTH THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-08-26 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Torches and pitchforks always works

I was to sum up why blizz is losing so many players it would be these lock changes. None of them made any sense when you really looked at the data. KJC was never OP, it was the only other choice from a 3 talent system, with MF being use for a few fights. There was zero evidence to back up warlocks being OP simply because of KJC, it was because they gave us a really good tool kit and that was one part. No lock was rank 1 simply because of KJC, no lock was number one dps simply because of KJC. In hte end they took a system that had 2 valid choices and gutted them to give us one choice, a dps CD thta could make us a 1 spec class for 5.4, solid change blizzard......

On to the DPS, in 5.3 all specs served a purpose. Destruction was great for a few fights in progression and also for lower gear levels. Demo and Aff start to pull ahead around 530 if I remember correct but even then dest was okay to use. As for Demo they decided to nerf that based of a trinket proc, seeming never to look at demo locks without UVLS. Again another choice by blizzard that makes no sense.

If this is all not bad enough its the reasoning they give for these nerfs. Saying guild leaders were mad about KJC, saying they wanted us to make a choice not have 1 talent be mandatory. So to do this they gut the class and give us ONE choice and ONE talent spec that will be able to compete in 5.4, while ruining QOL and going after survivability.

There will be a buff of some sort because they have to at the least make up for the ROF change, just hopefully there is a lot of buffs when that box opens.
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    There will be a buff of some sort because they have to at the least make up for the ROF change, just hopefully there is a lot of buffs when that box opens.
    Feels like they are going to "Meh one spec in the thrashbin, who cares"
    Sigh
    Send alot of twitter posts etc, ptr forums, feedback etc
    Need every little bit(<--Did you see what i did there?) we can get
    Last edited by Narwhalosh Whalescream; 2013-08-26 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Not being mean, but to much facepalm in that comment, ye your spec is ok on 25% of the tier.
    More than the worst spec of the other pure classes can claim...

Quote Originally Posted by Im a internet troll View Post
    Sadly, I kinda agree. I'm assuming they see the fights where mechanics lend themselves to Shadowburn snipes and RoFing embers for ST dmg, and say 'well, if we fix destro damage on the rest of the fights, Destro will be OP here.' and just call it balanced. Ideally that wouldn't be the case, but I doubt Bliz cares that much when the dmg numbers wouldn't impact LFR/Flex/Normal at all, and the vast majority semi-hardcore progression locks will just play the best spec per encounter anyway.

Tbf, I get that class balancing is tricky to say the least, but they also have only themselves to blame when they give us weird ways to gimmick dps on certain fight styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Im a internet troll View Post
    Sigh
    Send alot of twitter posts etc, ptr forums, feedback etc
    Need every little bit(<--Did you see what i did there?) we can get
    Pretty much this, I bet when people finally complain about destruction enough and they buff it to be a little better than mediocre they start nerfing affliction. Because thats how blizzard does an awesome job at balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Pretty much this, I bet when people finally complain about destruction enough and they buff it to be a little better than mediocre they start nerfing affliction. Because thats how blizzard does an awesome job at balancing.
    Dont give them any ideas