dunno who everyone is but they must be high off their rocker.

Unless you NEED burst aoe or the utility demo provides on any given fight affliction will outperform it no question.

Deleted
    I know it's very early, but how is Affliction performing against the other classes' dps specs? Rough estimation of course.

It must have been favorable since they just nerfed it a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeas View Post
    I know it's very early, but how is Affliction performing against the other classes' dps specs? Rough estimation of course.
    read the thread before you post ( even if its just the last post in this case, LOL )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeas View Post
    Number 1 on most fights, at worst top 3 on fights that don't favor us or when other classes AoE and we don't for any reason. Source: heroic PTR testing with decent guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well everyone here answered the question for me...affliction it is.
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

I have a 543 wush, 543 cha-ye's, 543 UVLS and 543 Hydra (all coined ). Plan on going aff/demo for SoO progression, which two trinks with what breakpoints? I'm currently running UVLS + Hydra on live with 9778 haste (slightly higher actually due to my gear, 548 ilvl) then all mastery, but from the looks of things Wush is proccing non-stop and the recent trinket change on PTR has made UVLS viable again? How are you guys entering progression? Need to keep the mages at bay from the get go!
    Last edited by Drobo; 2013-09-05 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    I have a 543 wush, 543 cha-ye's, 543 UVLS and 543 Hydra (all coined ). Plan on going aff/demo for SoO progression, which two trinks with what breakpoints? I'm currently running UVLS + Hydra on live with 9778 haste (slightly higher actually due to my gear, 584 ilvl) then all mastery, but from the looks of things Wush is proccing non-stop and the recent trinket change on PTR has made UVLS viable again? How are you guys entering progression? Need to keep the mages at bay from the get go!
    I think I will be running Wush + Hydra for Affliction and if I go Demo for a council-like fight, I will try UVLS + Hydra and see how UVLS is proccing, I think at least.

Going Aff/Destro
    Wush + Hydra

Leaning towards Helm + Gloves new 2 piece, Chest + Shoulders old 2 piece....bearing it drops.

9778 break point till I get Bindings to replace Hydra. Still debating KTT v. Bindings though. Leaning Bindings.

Good luck in 5.4.
    Last edited by cabana; 2013-09-06 at 01:43 AM.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Going Aff/Destro
    Wush + Hydra

Leaning towards Helm + Gloves new 2 piece, Chest + Shoulders old 2 piece....bearing it drops.

9887 break point till I get Bindings to replace Hydra. Still debating KTT v. Bindings though. Leaning Bindings.

Good luck in 5.4.
    Same thoughts as you but not using 2P T15. The math works out that in current gear bindings will only be ~500 extra mastery (H and HWF - only ~300 mastery for N/NWF) so probably just going to pick up KTT if I can with 2P T16 (helm+gloves).

Deleted
    hydras rppm was increased and duration reduced to 10s am i right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    hydras rppm was increased and duration reduced to 10s am i right?
    Yes, 1.1 RPPM. Not bad, not great either.

Deleted
    ok i think i'll go with wush and breath until i get the amp trinket. thanks mate

While my trinkets currently are pretty good, we very rarely see them drop (coined both the H TF Breath and H UVLS). With the changes to RPPM/UVLS, should I drop the H UVLS for N Cha'ye or N TF Wush (both double upgraded) for SoO progression?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    While my trinkets currently are pretty good, we very rarely see them drop (coined both the H TF Breath and H UVLS). With the changes to RPPM/UVLS, should I drop the H UVLS for N Cha'ye or N TF Wush (both double upgraded) for SoO progression?
    Depends what spec, for Demo I wouldn't for Aff I would drop UVLS for Wushoolay.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Depends what spec, for Demo I wouldn't for Aff I would drop UVLS for Wushoolay.
    Given how good the Affli 2 set is, I would not recommend dropping UVLS.

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Given how good the Affli 2 set is, I would not recommend dropping UVLS.
    You're vastly overestimating how much crit you actually need to have basically 95% uptime on Aff 2P.

The 2pc T16 bonus attempts to toss us a red herring; a higher crit rate isn't necessary due to raid buffs, base stats, and the sheer volume of UA ticks that we generate from MG/DS. 10 seconds of channeling MG on a target with a full duration UA will generate roughly 19 UA events on that target, assuming 9778 haste rating and the 5% haste aura. Using my warlock as an example, Keldion has 22% crit on his sheet when fully raid buffed.

Minding the rule of 3% less crit chance against boss targets, each UA tick has a 19% chance to crit. Assuming that half of the UA critical ticks will proc the 2pc bonus, the chance of zero procs is (1 - (c / 2))^n, with c being the effective crit chance and n being the number of UA ticks in the observed period.

(1 - 0.095)^19= 15%
    Here we note that the chance for zero procs is 15%, and thus see a probability of 85% for it to happen at least once. That leaves us with a very high chance of activating the 2pc bonus during sustained MG channeling, and that's without considering temporary haste buffs from Dark Soul or the legendary metagem.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    The 2pc T16 bonus attempts to toss us a red herring; a higher crit rate isn't necessary due to raid buffs, base stats, and the sheer volume of UA ticks that we generate from MG/DS. 10 seconds of channeling MG on a target with a full duration UA will generate roughly 19 UA events on that target, assuming 9778 haste rating and the 5% haste aura. Using my warlock as an example, Keldion has 22% crit on his sheet when fully raid buffed.

Minding the rule of 3% less crit chance against boss targets, each UA tick has a 19% chance to crit. Assuming that half of the UA critical ticks will proc the 2pc bonus, the chance of zero procs is (1 - (c / 2))^n, with c being the effective crit chance and n being the number of UA ticks in the observed period.

(1 - 0.095)^19= 15%
    Here we note that the chance for zero procs is 15%, and thus see a probability of 85% for it to happen at least once. That leaves us with a very high chance of activating the 2pc bonus during sustained MG channeling, and that's without considering temporary haste buffs from Dark Soul or the legendary metagem.
    Thx for math to back up the fact UVLS is garbage for Affliction in 5.4 - though if you did any testing it was pretty obvious you didn't need it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You're vastly overestimating how much crit you actually need to have basically 95% uptime on Aff 2P.
    idd, with the stats we have, it should be very easy to keep the uptime extremely high on the t16 2pc setbonus, wont even need that much crit but that is also assuming that it can proc from the UA bonus ticks from MG and even then around 23% crit should in theory be enough to keep the uptime on emp MG in the 90s%.