1. #3761
    I have a 543 wush, 543 cha-ye's, 543 UVLS and 543 Hydra (all coined ). Plan on going aff/demo for SoO progression, which two trinks with what breakpoints? I'm currently running UVLS + Hydra on live with 9778 haste (slightly higher actually due to my gear, 548 ilvl) then all mastery, but from the looks of things Wush is proccing non-stop and the recent trinket change on PTR has made UVLS viable again? How are you guys entering progression? Need to keep the mages at bay from the get go!
    Last edited by Drobo; 2013-09-05 at 04:53 PM.

  2. #3762
    Quote Originally Posted by Drobo View Post
    I have a 543 wush, 543 cha-ye's, 543 UVLS and 543 Hydra (all coined ). Plan on going aff/demo for SoO progression, which two trinks with what breakpoints? I'm currently running UVLS + Hydra on live with 9778 haste (slightly higher actually due to my gear, 584 ilvl) then all mastery, but from the looks of things Wush is proccing non-stop and the recent trinket change on PTR has made UVLS viable again? How are you guys entering progression? Need to keep the mages at bay from the get go!
    I think I will be running Wush + Hydra for Affliction and if I go Demo for a council-like fight, I will try UVLS + Hydra and see how UVLS is proccing, I think at least.

  3. #3763
    Going Aff/Destro
    Wush + Hydra

    Leaning towards Helm + Gloves new 2 piece, Chest + Shoulders old 2 piece....bearing it drops.

    9778 break point till I get Bindings to replace Hydra. Still debating KTT v. Bindings though. Leaning Bindings.

    Good luck in 5.4.
    Last edited by cabana; 2013-09-06 at 01:43 AM.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

  4. #3764
    Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    Going Aff/Destro
    Wush + Hydra

    Leaning towards Helm + Gloves new 2 piece, Chest + Shoulders old 2 piece....bearing it drops.

    9887 break point till I get Bindings to replace Hydra. Still debating KTT v. Bindings though. Leaning Bindings.

    Good luck in 5.4.
    Same thoughts as you but not using 2P T15. The math works out that in current gear bindings will only be ~500 extra mastery (H and HWF - only ~300 mastery for N/NWF) so probably just going to pick up KTT if I can with 2P T16 (helm+gloves).

  5. #3765
    hydras rppm was increased and duration reduced to 10s am i right?

  6. #3766
    Quote Originally Posted by parayok View Post
    hydras rppm was increased and duration reduced to 10s am i right?
    Yes, 1.1 RPPM. Not bad, not great either.

  7. #3767
    ok i think i'll go with wush and breath until i get the amp trinket. thanks mate

  8. #3768
    While my trinkets currently are pretty good, we very rarely see them drop (coined both the H TF Breath and H UVLS). With the changes to RPPM/UVLS, should I drop the H UVLS for N Cha'ye or N TF Wush (both double upgraded) for SoO progression?

  9. #3769
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    While my trinkets currently are pretty good, we very rarely see them drop (coined both the H TF Breath and H UVLS). With the changes to RPPM/UVLS, should I drop the H UVLS for N Cha'ye or N TF Wush (both double upgraded) for SoO progression?
    Depends what spec, for Demo I wouldn't for Aff I would drop UVLS for Wushoolay.

  10. #3770
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Depends what spec, for Demo I wouldn't for Aff I would drop UVLS for Wushoolay.
    Given how good the Affli 2 set is, I would not recommend dropping UVLS.
    Retired World's Best Warlock.

  11. #3771
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Given how good the Affli 2 set is, I would not recommend dropping UVLS.
    You're vastly overestimating how much crit you actually need to have basically 95% uptime on Aff 2P.

  12. #3772
    The 2pc T16 bonus attempts to toss us a red herring; a higher crit rate isn't necessary due to raid buffs, base stats, and the sheer volume of UA ticks that we generate from MG/DS. 10 seconds of channeling MG on a target with a full duration UA will generate roughly 19 UA events on that target, assuming 9778 haste rating and the 5% haste aura. Using my warlock as an example, Keldion has 22% crit on his sheet when fully raid buffed.

    Minding the rule of 3% less crit chance against boss targets, each UA tick has a 19% chance to crit. Assuming that half of the UA critical ticks will proc the 2pc bonus, the chance of zero procs is (1 - (c / 2))^n, with c being the effective crit chance and n being the number of UA ticks in the observed period.

    (1 - 0.095)^19= 15%
    Here we note that the chance for zero procs is 15%, and thus see a probability of 85% for it to happen at least once. That leaves us with a very high chance of activating the 2pc bonus during sustained MG channeling, and that's without considering temporary haste buffs from Dark Soul or the legendary metagem.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

  13. #3773
    Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    The 2pc T16 bonus attempts to toss us a red herring; a higher crit rate isn't necessary due to raid buffs, base stats, and the sheer volume of UA ticks that we generate from MG/DS. 10 seconds of channeling MG on a target with a full duration UA will generate roughly 19 UA events on that target, assuming 9778 haste rating and the 5% haste aura. Using my warlock as an example, Keldion has 22% crit on his sheet when fully raid buffed.

    Minding the rule of 3% less crit chance against boss targets, each UA tick has a 19% chance to crit. Assuming that half of the UA critical ticks will proc the 2pc bonus, the chance of zero procs is (1 - (c / 2))^n, with c being the effective crit chance and n being the number of UA ticks in the observed period.

    (1 - 0.095)^19= 15%
    Here we note that the chance for zero procs is 15%, and thus see a probability of 85% for it to happen at least once. That leaves us with a very high chance of activating the 2pc bonus during sustained MG channeling, and that's without considering temporary haste buffs from Dark Soul or the legendary metagem.
    Thx for math to back up the fact UVLS is garbage for Affliction in 5.4 - though if you did any testing it was pretty obvious you didn't need it.

  14. #3774
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You're vastly overestimating how much crit you actually need to have basically 95% uptime on Aff 2P.
    idd, with the stats we have, it should be very easy to keep the uptime extremely high on the t16 2pc setbonus, wont even need that much crit but that is also assuming that it can proc from the UA bonus ticks from MG and even then around 23% crit should in theory be enough to keep the uptime on emp MG in the 90s%.

  15. #3775
    Epic! Cebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    idd, with the stats we have, it should be very easy to keep the uptime extremely high on the t16 2pc setbonus, wont even need that much crit but that is also assuming that it can proc from the UA bonus ticks from MG and even then around 23% crit should in theory be enough to keep the uptime on emp MG in the 90s%.
    the "bonus" ticks do proc it, as they are literally just weaker hitting UA ticks according to the ingame log.

  16. #3776
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    the "bonus" ticks do proc it, as they are literally just weaker hitting UA ticks according to the ingame log.
    Is that accurate? If you look to an affliction parse on WoL, it clearly distinguishes between the dot ticks and the extra ticks from mg/ds. I'm not contesting that the extra ticks proc the 2 piece since I didn't test it, just wondering.

  17. #3777
    Epic! Cebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arkansas, United States
    Posts
    1,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Is that accurate? If you look to an affliction parse on WoL, it clearly distinguishes between the dot ticks and the extra ticks from mg/ds. I'm not contesting that the extra ticks proc the 2 piece since I didn't test it, just wondering.
    the logs are able to seperate them based on timings, dmg amounts, etc, but the game does qualify them as UA ticks, much like other items/set bonuses' we've had so far that use those extra dot ticks.

  18. #3778
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You're vastly overestimating how much crit you actually need to have basically 95% uptime on Aff 2P.
    I'm not overestimating anything. Prior to obtaining 5.4 trinkets and particularly with the ilvls he mentioned, UVLS is the clear winner in his circumstance.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Thx for math to back up the fact UVLS is garbage for Affliction in 5.4
    That's misleading. His math argued that you don't require UVLS or a high crit build in order to have high uptime of the 2 set. It does not prove that UVLS is garbage. I'm not suggesting that you'll use it instead of 5.4 trinkets (you won't), but when you first go in there with ToT trinkets, it is not a bad trinket by any stretch.
    Retired World's Best Warlock.

  19. #3779
    Point is that the 2pc effect on UVLS' value is mostly negligible

  20. #3780
    Also, to "help" people decide wich spec to play, I always suggest "pick the spec you're the most comfortable with, unless you are familiar with all three".

    When a new raid comes out, you have to deal with unknown encounter's mechanics WHILE dealing max DPS. Most people can only do only one of them, so if you're not top level you should try to maximize both. And the easiest way is to play your most experienced spec.

    Progression raiding is NOT a good place to learn new class mechanics

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •