Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    To the 2 above, way to derail the thread, Demo is incredibly forgiving when you have UVLS because 100% crit dooms grant you so much fury the spec plays much much much faster than its intended to so yes i do believe from my own personal experience that it makes the spec easier to play.

But debating my personal demo skill is not really the point of the thread.
    Increased fury generation doesn't always translate to using fury well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    To the 2 above, way to derail the thread, Demo is incredibly forgiving when you have UVLS because 100% crit dooms grant you so much fury the spec plays much much much faster than its intended to so yes i do believe from my own personal experience that it makes the spec easier to play.

But debating my personal demo skill is not really the point of the thread.
    If you get a good amount of nicely timed procs, the trinket will carry you. If you don't, you will seriously struggle to make up for it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

September 23 Patch 5.4 Hotfixes in short.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    I'm so happy that my group saw 0 conq tokens in 2 full clears and my extra rolls are basicaly glorified gold bags
    Yeah I'm seriously tired with how rarely conq drops in 10 man. Last tier our shammy had all 3 specs with 4 set. I coined my shoulders, head and gloves, only legs did I get from drop.

This tier again we have shammy hunter and warrior on 2 set. Not a single conq has dropped...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yeah I'm seriously tired with how rarely conq drops in 10 man. Last tier our shammy had all 3 specs with 4 set. I coined my shoulders, head and gloves, only legs did I get from drop.

This tier again we have shammy hunter and warrior on 2 set. Not a single conq has dropped...
    Shit we got fucking 4 vanquisher this weeks clear like I think if you bring a warlock to the raid the system goes : OH FUCK THAT WARLOCK HERE MAKE DAT SHIT INTO VANQ or PROTECTOR oh and It's going point and laugh at you because we just got recently nerfed :P

Deleted
    They effectively killed Demo while affliction was even stronger and that haunt nerf doesn't affect much. It's funny tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Shit we got fucking 4 vanquisher this weeks clear like I think if you bring a warlock to the raid the system goes : OH FUCK THAT WARLOCK HERE MAKE DAT SHIT INTO VANQ or PROTECTOR oh and It's going point and laugh at you because we just got recently nerfed :P
    I have not seen a SINGLE Conqueror in:
    2 Normal clears + 1 13/14Normal
    2 Flex (4+8)

Our druid is gathering 4 set for his resto spec by now (j/k but not farm from being true >.<)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I have not seen a SINGLE Conqueror in:
    2 Normal clears + 1 13/14Normal
    2 Flex (4+8)

Our druid is gathering 4 set for his resto spec by now (j/k but not farm from being true >.<)
    Haha dayum I got my conq chest from flex here last week and my tier pants which was from Celestials but is actually terrible in terms of stats but it at least gives me 2 pc.

every patch/fix i see

-ice lance: damage increased by 900%, and now have a chance to delete an enemy account

-random spell warlock nerfed to 30% and now your spec is trash, reroll pls

p.s. immolate buff is live? I can't see the difference...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    every patch/fix i see

-ice lance: damage increased by 900%, and now have a chance to delete an enemy account

-random spell warlock nerfed to 30% and now your spec is trash, reroll pls

p.s. immolate buff is live? I can't see the difference...
    The ''nerfs'' and ''buffs'' are directly after a server reset which is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    The ''nerfs'' and ''buffs'' are directly after a server reset which is today.

tnx! For me a +30% buff immolate is great (immolate damage was trash, 1.5 sec cast forl little damage), i play and love destruction PVP... but demonology is my second favorite spec for raiding and arena ...

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    tnx! For me a +30% buff immolate is great (immolate damage was trash, 1.5 sec cast forl little damage), i play and love destruction PVP... but demonology is my second favorite spec for raiding and arena ...
    Immolate buff is not going to do anything for PvP, there is zero silence protection. It is just going to vanish as soon as you put it up.

Glad we got our Thok Kill yesterday and managed to make use of Demonology one last time </3.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Glad we got our Thok Kill yesterday and managed to make use of Demonology one last time </3.
    Thokking gratz? :P You sir are a f-list spammer :P

Personally I'm glad about the UVLS-nerf. Demo being viable on its own or not is another topic, but I'm happy to see that RNG-bot die. I think I'll build a mastery-heavy set of affliction gear with the option to reforge below 10k haste for Destro Offspec. You won't be able to have perfect stats for Destro and Affliction at the same time, but in the cases where you really use your offspec, you don't need perfect stats anyway, because you usually switch to offspec in order to exploit some overpowered mechanics.

Deleted
    In case demonology is no longer wanted in raids when I hit max level, is there any other spec with warlock that is as mobile? I dont like staying still to cast at all.

If it fits your playstyle, take KJC. Sims don't tell the whole story.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    im happy with the uvls nerf, ofc id need to replace my own uvls now and replace it fast but it was really a trinket that should never have been brought into the game or atleast not as a rppm trinket. it should have been a on-use trinket with a 2-3 min cd and the nerf to wild imps was just uncalled for, it was really the nerf the "broke the camel's back" and i cant see demo being use much at all after this.

i dont' understand "blizzard philosophy" (lol)... a spec in the game is very powerful with a trinket > nerfed trinket. Ok.

But, WHY blizzard nerf trinket AND nerf an ability? This is a abnorm nerf to demo PVP...
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-09-24 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by weakdots View Post
    have you been watching the world first race, and doing heroic yourself? demo has been amazing on every single fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Not sure what planet you are living on. Demo has been used in more world first kills than affliction by a fair margin. Why? Because it was the better progression spec.
    Currently 8 / 14 heroic 25 man. Probably would have been further along if we didn't get fucked by the galakras bug where we had to get a gm to manually start the event so we could do the boss which cut a hefty amount of our raid time.

You guys must be keeping an eye on very different things than me, because the only fights I've seen anyone play demo to great effect on was spoils and thok. Literally every other fight in the place is better served playing aff and the only way you see decent numbers in demo is by aoe padding. And if you want to pad the aoe meters destro was already the stronger sustained aoe spec in ToT, and with the 15% buff to incinerate and the 20% nerf to hellfire the gap got bigger.

BL's warlocks played demo on nearly every single fight so far and Method's warlocks have gone demo for a few fights beyond spoils and Thok (shaman, maybe immerseus?). I imagine thats what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2013-09-24 at 06:13 PM.