1. #1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    And that's why they have to rebuild Chaos Bolt, if not warlocks, from scratch. AGAIN.
    No.

    If you want a mage with differently coloured spells, roll a mage and use your imagination.

    There has to be a room in the game for spec identity.

    You want to get rid of that because it's bad for PvP. Get over it, roll affliction, roll a mage, do a barell roll but don't come on these forums asking for a Warlock rebuild when, even with their flaws, they are one of the most interesting and fun classes to play.

  2. #1102
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    No.

    If you want a mage with differently coloured spells, roll a mage and use your imagination.

    There has to be a room in the game for spec identity.

    You want to get rid of that because it's bad for PvP. Get over it, roll affliction, roll a mage, do a barell roll but don't come on these forums asking for a Warlock rebuild when, even with their flaws, they are one of the most interesting and fun classes to play.
    So....... what you're saying is chaos bolt is the only thing keeping us from being mages? lol? Warlocks could use somewhat of a rebuild because a lot of the dumb shit that was implemented *i'm lookin' at you AV* is being reworked. Also pointing out we're a flawed class doesn't help your case implying it doesn't need rebuilding.

    I'll agree with you maybe it doesn't need to be "from scratch". Because there was some cool things done for mop, but thats about it.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-06-30 at 10:01 PM.

  3. #1103
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    So....... what you're saying is chaos bolt is the only thing keeping us from being mages? lol? Warlocks could use somewhat of a rebuild because a lot of the dumb shit that was implemented *i'm lookin' at you AV* is being reworked. Also pointing out we're a flawed class doesn't help your case implying it doesn't need rebuilding.

    I'll agree with you maybe it doesn't need to be "from scratch". Because there was some cool things done for mop, but thats about it.
    You are jumping into conclusions that are simply wrong and mistaking spec identity with class identity.

    The part about mages was hyperbolic, the second sentece was not. Long casted and hard hitting Chaos Bolt is a singature of the spec.

    Theoretically, you could design an instant cast spell, a 0,5 second cast spell, a 1 sec cast spell and so on, with the same DPCT as CB has. But the fact that its long casted and hard hitting is what make it special.

    As I was saying somwhere else, the ideal thing for PvP would be for CB to be a instant cast spell with the exact same DPCT. And while we're at it, lets also make all other spells instant, because thats the best things for Warlocks (not overall) for PvP.

    I agree though that CB's damage in PvP should be buffed. It should be a threat. It shouldnt one shot ppl, but it should be punishing enough.
    People will always whine when they see one big number, but are unable to comprehend that a large number of smaller hits in a small time windows might be much more devastating.

    But the world is ruled by stupid people, so what can you do..

  4. #1104
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    No.

    If you want a mage with differently coloured spells, roll a mage and use your imagination.

    There has to be a room in the game for spec identity.

    You want to get rid of that because it's bad for PvP. Get over it, roll affliction, roll a mage, do a barell roll but don't come on these forums asking for a Warlock rebuild when, even with their flaws, they are one of the most interesting and fun classes to play.
    No, YOU roll a mage where you belong. This spec has never been about fucking casting long ass spells and bursting down a target every 2 mins while being useless for the rest of the fight and managing retarded resources.
    There is NO spec identity in Destruction at the moment. It is the perfect mage clone with its active defensive CDs, gimmicky burst, squishiness and watered down CC. I don't want to get rid of this shit design because it's bad for PvP, proof: Cataclysm Destruction was bad in PvP, but I loved it.

    Every single person pretending to be a long-life Destro fan and loving the spec as it is in MoP is a fucking liar, because it's the complete opposite of what it used to be. YOU know nothing of the spec, and 99% of the game's population hadn't even attempted to truly understand what it truly was when it no longer 2-shot people. The concept of the spec during Cataclysm stayed the same as it was during WotLK. In MoP, it made a complete U-turn into mage-ville, becoming an uninteresting spec centralized around straight-forward gameplay, with Havoc being the only meaningful ability which allows you to output decent brain activity.

    Who thinks LONG CASTED Chaos Bolts is a signature move for the spec? The "signature" of the spec is turreting quickly with short casts and making use of chain CCs for gap-openers and peels. That is currently obliterated and you have the perfect mage replica instead. The fact that you can't even notice that shows how oblivious people can be to what Destruction was loved for.

    So yeah, you go roll a Fire, Arcane or Frost mage, chances are you won't even notice the difference with a visual mod. Meanwhile I'll go for the truly unique spec which had no equal when it came to its outstanding gameplay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    You may be on to something here... GC claimed Ret Paladins killed his parents. Could it be that Warlocks drained Celas' dog soul?

  5. #1105
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    You are jumping into conclusions that are simply wrong and mistaking spec identity with class identity.

    The part about mages was hyperbolic, the second sentece was not. Long casted and hard hitting Chaos Bolt is a singature of the spec.

    Theoretically, you could design an instant cast spell, a 0,5 second cast spell, a 1 sec cast spell and so on, with the same DPCT as CB has. But the fact that its long casted and hard hitting is what make it special.

    As I was saying somwhere else, the ideal thing for PvP would be for CB to be a instant cast spell with the exact same DPCT. And while we're at it, lets also make all other spells instant, because thats the best things for Warlocks (not overall) for PvP.

    I agree though that CB's damage in PvP should be buffed. It should be a threat. It shouldnt one shot ppl, but it should be punishing enough.
    People will always whine when they see one big number, but are unable to comprehend that a large number of smaller hits in a small time windows might be much more devastating.

    But the world is ruled by stupid people, so what can you do..
    Fair enough, agree with the last part 100%.

    To reiterate I don't think chaos bolt should define destruction though. I don't think any spec or class for that matter should have just 1 spell that makes it "special".
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-06-30 at 10:53 PM.

  6. #1106
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    France, Illidan-EU
    Posts
    1,743
    No, YOU roll a mage where you belong. This spec has never been about fucking casting long ass spells and bursting down a target every 2 mins while being useless for the rest of the fight and managing retarded resources.
    There is NO spec identity in Destruction at the moment. It is the perfect mage clone with its active defensive CDs, gimmicky burst, squishiness and watered down CC. I don't want to get rid of this shit design because it's bad for PvP, proof: Cataclysm Destruction was bad in PvP, but I loved it.

    Every single person pretending to be a long-life Destro fan and loving the spec as it is in MoP is a fucking liar, because it's the complete opposite of what it used to be. YOU know nothing of the spec, and 99% of the game's population hadn't even attempted to truly understand what it truly was when it no longer 2-shot people. The concept of the spec during Cataclysm stayed the same as it was during WotLK. In MoP, it made a complete U-turn into mage-ville, becoming an uninteresting spec centralized around straight-forward gameplay, with Havoc being the only meaningful ability which allows you to output decent brain activity.
    I have a totally opposite opinion, maybe because I only PvE while you (only ?) PvP.
    IMO the spec has a very strong identity, between Chaos bolt, Shadowburn, Rain of Fire and Fire and Brimestone, both gameplay-wise and visually.
    The problem might just be that what works really well in PvE, is not working in PvP.
    NEW Android App : World of Quizzcraft
    Test your knowledge of WoW with more than 1100 questions and 80 achievements!

    Web Apps : Deaths Analyzer, WoL Timeline, Megaera Dps Calculator
    WoW-Heroes

  7. #1107
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    No, YOU roll a mage where you belong. This spec has never been about fucking casting long ass spells and bursting down a target every 2 mins while being useless for the rest of the fight and managing retarded resources.
    There is NO spec identity in Destruction at the moment. It is the perfect mage clone with its active defensive CDs, gimmicky burst, squishiness and watered down CC. I don't want to get rid of this shit design because it's bad for PvP, proof: Cataclysm Destruction was bad in PvP, but I loved it.

    Every single person pretending to be a long-life Destro fan and loving the spec as it is in MoP is a fucking liar, because it's the complete opposite of what it used to be. YOU know nothing of the spec, and 99% of the game's population hadn't even attempted to truly understand what it truly was when it no longer 2-shot people. The concept of the spec during Cataclysm stayed the same as it was during WotLK. In MoP, it made a complete U-turn into mage-ville, becoming an uninteresting spec centralized around straight-forward gameplay, with Havoc being the only meaningful ability which allows you to output decent brain activity.

    Who thinks LONG CASTED Chaos Bolts is a signature move for the spec? The "signature" of the spec is turreting quickly with short casts and making use of chain CCs for gap-openers and peels. That is currently obliterated and you have the perfect mage replica instead. The fact that you can't even notice that shows how oblivious people can be to what Destruction was loved for.

    So yeah, you go roll a Fire, Arcane or Frost mage, chances are you won't even notice the difference with a visual mod. Meanwhile I'll go for the truly unique spec which had no equal when it came to its outstanding gameplay.
    Funny that my 'Memories' of destruction are gathering soul shards to cast massive soul fires in vanilla, and MASSIVE conflag's in Wotlk, those were the 2 times previous to mop i really 'loved' something about the spec. I couldnt stand it in cata, it was the first character i leveled and it destroyed my soul how it played.

    Still pissed about Infraction for saying
    'I Agree' Instead of 'IMO the spec has a very strong identity, between Chaos bolt, Shadowburn, Rain of Fire and Fire and Brimestone, both gameplay-wise and visually.
    Last edited by AjayxD; 2013-07-01 at 12:42 AM.
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  8. #1108
    IMHO, give me TBC destruction back. Sac succubus, throw up curse of shadow, spam shadow bolt ad infinitum. (clarification: sarcasm for those without a sense of humor)

    OT: 3 stack Backdraft Chaos Bolts being instant would be a great QoL change, but you're really pushing Destro into fire mage territory at that point.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

  9. #1109
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    IMHO, give me TBC destruction back. Sac succubus, throw up curse of shadow, spam shadow bolt ad infinitum. (clarification: sarcasm for those without a sense of humor)

    OT: 3 stack Backdraft Chaos Bolts being instant would be a great QoL change, but you're really pushing Destro into fire mage territory at that point.
    Maybe at 6 stacks then?

    Think about it like a an issue of urgency. If you need to burst something down or a big buff is about to expire, you might want to cast CB under 3 stacks of backdraft. If the situation is really dire, like something has to die "just now", you might Conflag twice and then instant CB.

    I don't know if it would mess up the rotation or not, but seeing as backdrafted CB is in most cases a DPS loss, I'm confident spending two charges of Conflag on CB wouldn't enter our usual gameplay, but it could potentionally widen the tools of Destro's toolkit even further.

    The thing they should focus on however is bringing Destro on the level with Affli and Demo. I don't see them suddenly making the Legendary meta gem good for Destro, but I think there's a room for a CB buff (in PvP it's quite weak and as I was stating earlier, a CB should be a big threat).

  10. #1110
    I had a dream where Chaosbolt was an instant cast and just consumed 1 ember, so in pvp you just saved up 4 embers then popped all your cd's then hit chaos bolt 4 times, was great because no one else in the game was a warlock and it was just a dream.

  11. #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    No, YOU roll a mage where you belong. This spec has never been about fucking casting long ass spells and bursting down a target every 2 mins while being useless for the rest of the fight and managing retarded resources.
    There is NO spec identity in Destruction at the moment. It is the perfect mage clone with its active defensive CDs, gimmicky burst, squishiness and watered down CC. I don't want to get rid of this shit design because it's bad for PvP, proof: Cataclysm Destruction was bad in PvP, but I loved it.

    Every single person pretending to be a long-life Destro fan and loving the spec as it is in MoP is a fucking liar, because it's the complete opposite of what it used to be. YOU know nothing of the spec, and 99% of the game's population hadn't even attempted to truly understand what it truly was when it no longer 2-shot people. The concept of the spec during Cataclysm stayed the same as it was during WotLK. In MoP, it made a complete U-turn into mage-ville, becoming an uninteresting spec centralized around straight-forward gameplay, with Havoc being the only meaningful ability which allows you to output decent brain activity.

    Who thinks LONG CASTED Chaos Bolts is a signature move for the spec? The "signature" of the spec is turreting quickly with short casts and making use of chain CCs for gap-openers and peels. That is currently obliterated and you have the perfect mage replica instead. The fact that you can't even notice that shows how oblivious people can be to what Destruction was loved for.

    So yeah, you go roll a Fire, Arcane or Frost mage, chances are you won't even notice the difference with a visual mod. Meanwhile I'll go for the truly unique spec which had no equal when it came to its outstanding gameplay.
    Most PvPers I've met are just like you.. quick to anger, quick to curse, hotheaded, arrogant and (in they own mind) all-knowing.

    I've been playing this game since TBC and Warlock was my main since the first day.

    I played exclusively PvP in TBC with SL/SL build and switched to PvE when WotLK came out. Since that day, I also mained Destro as my raiding spec.

    I know exactly what the spec was about in Wrath. It was about fast casts not large ones. In Cata, Destro became a torturing tool. A clusterfuck of a spec.

    You had CoE, iSF, SB (until they changed Shadow and Flame), Soulburn: Soul Fire, plus filler, plus Corruption, plus Chaos Bolt that was only used because it returned mana back. A great 31p ability indeed.

    So I know what the spec was about. I'm just open-minded person willing to change my mind and I happen to fall in love with the new Destruction. Because for the first time in the game's history, Destruction actually feels like you are bringing an utter destruction to your foe.

    Your argument that "He, who pretends to be a long-life Destro fan and loving the spec as it is in MoP is a fucking liar, because it's the complete opposite of what it used to be" is one of the most stupid things I've heard in my life. I don't see the causality there. Why is someone a, as you put it, a fucking liar when he likes the MoP version of Destro? Are you really that narrowminded? Are you saying that the only person who is a true, die hard Destro fan is the one who loved WotLK and Cata Destro and hates MoP Destro? Don't you see the hole in your logic there? You're not making an argument, you just simply have your own version of truth and everyone who doesn't agree with it is a liar. That's not reasoning, that's Middle Ages Christianity.

    If you don't like the MoP version of Destro, that's completely fine, but don't go around passing your own OPINION as the only truth. Moron.
    Last edited by Rivio; 2013-07-01 at 06:00 AM.

  12. #1112
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    Most PvPers I've met are just like you.. quick to anger, quick to curse, hotheaded, arrogant and (in they own mind) all-knowing.

    I've been playing this game since TBC and Warlock was my main since the first day.

    I played exclusively PvP in TBC with SL/SL build and switched to PvE when WotLK came out. Since that day, I also mained Destro as my raiding spec.

    I know exactly what the spec was about in Wrath. It was about fast casts not large ones. In Cata, Destro became a torturing tool. A clusterfuck of a spec.

    You had CoE, iSF, SB (until they changed Shadow and Flame), Soulburn: Soul Fire, plus filler, plus Corruption, plus Chaos Bolt that was only used because it returned mana back. A great 31p ability indeed.

    So I know what the spec was about. I'm just open-minded person willing to change my mind and I happen to fall in love with the new Destruction. Because for the first time in the game's history, Destruction actually feels like you are bringing an utter destruction to your foe.

    Your argument that "He, who pretends to be a long-life Destro fan and loving the spec as it is in MoP is a fucking liar, because it's the complete opposite of what it used to be" is one of the most stupid things I've heard in my life. I don't see the causality there. Why is someone a, as you put it, a fucking liar when he likes the MoP version of Destro? Are you really that narrowminded? Are you saying that the only person who is a true, die hard Destro fan is the one who loved WotLK and Cata Destro and hates MoP Destro? Don't you see the hole in your logic there? You're not making an argument, you just simply have your own version of truth and everyone who doesn't agree with it is a liar. That's not reasoning, that's Middle Ages Christianity.

    If you don't like the MoP version of Destro, that's completely fine, but don't go around passing your own OPINION as the only truth. Moron.
    Your reasoning is flawed because you stupidly state that long casts define the spec, you did not talk about a "new" direction, you said that without such an identity we would be mage clones. You then contradict yourself with your last post saying "oh no, fast casts are what defined the spec, now I'm just open to new changes". Guess what, these "changes" are similar to other classes, and make Destruction LESS unique.

    The thing is, yes you'd be lying if you loved Destruction back then and still do, because the gameplay is completely opposite in EVERY way. If you like one thing, you can't love its complete opposite. This is a simple process of thought and isn't a "vision" nor an "opinion". So until you learn how to connect 2 dots, I'd advise you to refrain from posting. This is not my opinion, this is simple logic. If you loved fast casts the most, turreting, sustainability, passive defense and chain CC-ing, how will you love slow casts, resource management, huge ramp-up, squishiness, active defense and gimmicky burst? Oh wait, you won't. As a result, if you played Destruction before MoP then you played it solely for the visuals, not for the game mechanics. Point proven, enjoy.

    Also, the fact that you base my whole identity on one post out of a thousand is despicable and hypocritical. I'm just sick of seeing idiots such as yourself that knew nothing of the spec barging in and pretending to know a thing or two of it. You say Destruction was a "torturing tool" in Cataclysm. What does that mean? You don't know shit about it, to the point where you can't even list its whole arsenal. No, Destruction wasn't a "clusterfuck" in Cataclysm, it was awesome given you knew how to manage it.
    And about Chaos Bolt, go read my previous post that was addressed to YOU so that you can actually learn something about the spec instead of drowning in your pool of ignorance. You only perceive it as "mana regenerator", well bravo for showing how inexperienced you are with the spec.
    And GG for going to PvE after SL/SL disappeared in WotLK (hmm wonder why), shows how much you really love the warlock class at its core.

    I'm not being narrowminded, I'm stating what the spec has been and what has defined it since its glory days. I actually have arguments and proof, all you have is blind love towards a spec which you jump on when it's "shiny" in any way possible. I only see you posting muddied sentences lacking concrete examples, from what I know, that's Middle Age logic right there.

    Congratulations on completely discrediting yourself. You showed me that you rolled SL/SL because it was fotm in TBC, then went on to PvE when it wasn't during wrath, meaning you had no experience whatsoever in PvP during that time. Then when Cataclysm came out you disregarded the spec and barely took the time to play it correctly.
    Contradiction, misinformation, ignorance and lack of proof; what else is in store?

    ---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 09:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    IMHO, give me TBC destruction back. Sac succubus, throw up curse of shadow, spam shadow bolt ad infinitum. (clarification: sarcasm for those without a sense of humor)

    OT: 3 stack Backdraft Chaos Bolts being instant would be a great QoL change, but you're really pushing Destro into fire mage territory at that point.
    Maybe that's because Chaos Bolt is already a derivation of Pyroblast? *GASP* We've all noticed this now!
    Thing is, Destruction isn't going to get any better unless it resembles mages even more, because it's already a watered-down MAGE spec.
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2013-07-01 at 10:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    You may be on to something here... GC claimed Ret Paladins killed his parents. Could it be that Warlocks drained Celas' dog soul?

  13. #1113
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    snip.
    Waw... That's the best "my opinion is FACT and everyone else is plain wrong and have never played warlock before !" that I ever read.

    I stand with Rivio, destru is a good spec with a "I'm a living torch of fire, suffering and PAIN, DEAL WITH IT !" flavour. That's the definition of a defined spec.

    If you don't like it PVP-wise... Sorry for you, as a Pve-guy I kinda like it

  14. #1114
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I have a totally opposite opinion, maybe because I only PvE while you (only ?) PvP.
    IMO the spec has a very strong identity, between Chaos bolt, Shadowburn, Rain of Fire and Fire and Brimestone, both gameplay-wise and visually.
    The problem might just be that what works really well in PvE, is not working in PvP.
    This guy is a perfect example of how people can now enjoy the new Destruction. If I'm not mistaken, Zumzum didn't really care for Destruction before MoP and enjoys the new concept of the spec. That's FINE, that's good.
    But if someone tells me "I've loved and played Destro since it was defined, and I think it's awesome in MoP, go play a mage class", then yes, they are lying. Because the spec has nothing to do with what it used to be.
    And I've noticed that in PvE, Destruction is much less watered-down because resource management, aligning procs, FnB and Havoc + Shadowburn all work out well.
    In PvP, it's literally "spam FF/Incinerate, try to 2-shot something every 2 minutes with CB and DS".

    ---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 09:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Waw... That's the best "my opinion is FACT and everyone else is plain wrong and have never played warlock before !" that I ever read.

    I stand with Rivio, destru is a good spec with a "I'm a living torch of fire, suffering and PAIN, DEAL WITH IT !" flavour. That's the definition of a defined spec.

    If you don't like it PVP-wise... Sorry for you, as a Pve-guy I kinda like it
    You just showed me how you only perceive the aesthetics of the spec. Go on and try to read the post again while having an actual clue, and read the next one while you're at it.

    I also dare you to prove how I've twisted an opinion into a fact.
    I've also said that warlocks in general are a very defined spec in terms of visuals, but can be very empty and hollow when it comes to core mechanics.

    ---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 09:30 AM ----------

    Oh and if people can't read between the lines:
    What is Pyroblast? A usually slow cast spell that's instant after 2 Critical Strikes
    What would Chaos Bolt be with your suggestions? A usually slow cast spell that's instant after 2 Conflags

    Nope, no similarity there. Thank the heavens we can play our truly unique spec that has nothing to do with the rest. /sarcasm
    Again, this shows how some people "think" that Destruction is unique while at its heart it's a mage rip-off. Should I link the table of comparisons that shows the similarities between the two classes, again?
    Why, look at the dev's mindset. They wanted to make Fel Flame a 1.5 sec cast on move spell. Surely its similarities with Scorch must be a coincidence, the dev team couldn't possibly be getting its ideas from some other famous wizard class.

    ---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 09:41 AM ----------

    Some more facts to add:
    -How many videos during Cataclysm contain Destruction arena footage at above 2k? Two
    -How many players have openly claimed to have achieved over 2k in arena as Destruction? About Five
    -How many open world PvP/1vX videos containing Destruction in Cataclysm exist? a minimum of 50 on WCM solely

    What does this mean?
    -Many players actually tried to play the spec during Cataclysm and still loved it because it had the same feel of Wrath.
    -99% of the population didn't really take the time invest in it properly and understand it at its core.

    So, please tell me right to my face that this is my "opinion", I promise you not to laugh.
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2013-07-01 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    You may be on to something here... GC claimed Ret Paladins killed his parents. Could it be that Warlocks drained Celas' dog soul?

  15. #1115
    I'm not a big fan of being dragged to the ground, insulted, judged and being mocked by complete stranger that believe they know everything better than me whilst having absolutely no clue about who they are even talking to. I'm done with you.

  16. #1116
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    I'm not a big fan of being dragged to the ground, insulted, judged and being mocked by complete stranger that believe they know everything better than me whilst having absolutely no clue about who they are even talking to. I'm done with you.
    I did not mock you. But yeah, you could've just said that you have nothing relevant to say...
    And even though it isn't completely justifiable, I didn't start mocking said person. I only did so after I was asked to roll a mage while said person is affirming random statements such as "Slow Chaos Bolt is the spec's identity".
    So again, are you capable of proving me wrong, with you know, relevant arguments and facts? Or are you just going to talk about how shiny the spec has become since MoP and how big numbers are epic?

    I'll tell you this: You really haven't done yourself any good when you said that "destru is a good spec with a "I'm a living torch of fire, suffering and PAIN, DEAL WITH IT !" flavour. That's the definition of a defined spec.". What this means is that you don't really care for the spec's mechanics, to the exaggerated extent that I could give you one button to mash and you might be happy about it given it changes animations constantly to match that of the current rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    You may be on to something here... GC claimed Ret Paladins killed his parents. Could it be that Warlocks drained Celas' dog soul?

  17. #1117
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    And I've noticed that in PvE, Destruction is much less watered-down because resource management, aligning procs, FnB and Havoc + Shadowburn all work out well.
    In PvP, it's literally "spam FF/Incinerate, try to 2-shot something every 2 minutes with CB and DS".
    These days it's not even worth CBing, it's "spam incinerate while using embers to heal".

    Either way, you hit the nail on the head when you said destruction works great in pve but has major pvp problems (and always has, since the MOP revamp, since CB is the definition of "easy to stop, but painful if you don't interupt", but blizzard aren't happy with actually letting it be painful, ergo, it's slowly been nerfed to unusable), similarly to afflictions problems, great in pve - lame in pvp.

    Overall, despite the praise people give Xelnath, I really don't think he (or the team?) had a clue about pvp. After "blood fear being designed as a defensive move", the whole Cataclysm spell malarkey, Chaos wave / bolt on launch, afflictions base design issues it's having with pvp and destructions growing issues as CB is nerfed more and more.

    They just seem to be having a dreadful time trying to marry pve and pvp play.

  18. #1118
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    --snip --
    No offense mate, but get over yourself. Unfortunately noone at bliz gives a shit about pvp. This is a pve game with some pvp flavour. Ive never pvped, so feel free to bash my lack of experience, but I cant even begin to understand why you'd play wow for it's competitive pvp.

    Destro has plenty of spec identity, it's like you said yourself, in PVE there's no similar mechanics of any other class.

  19. #1119
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    -How many videos during Cataclysm contain Destruction arena footage at above 2k? No one cares
    -How many players have openly claimed to have achieved over 2k in arena as Destruction? Really no one cares
    -How many open world PvP/1vX videos containing Destruction in Cataclysm exist? Because it was a horrific spec
    The problem you have Phoenexis is that you are clearly proud of what you 'achieved' in cataclysm and thats fantastic and all but you are in a minority world and in the wow atm that means you get quickly forgotten, for the majority of players Destruction was not worth putting time and effort into because it didnt yield enough reward in cataclysm for the absoloutely retarded amount of effort it took in comparision to every other spec - The problem that we have here is that im talking about pve, your constant reference to spec defining has to do with a part of the game that will never take priority over pve.
    Heroic SoO progress 14/14
    Warlock armory - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AD/advanced

  20. #1120
    Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    The problem you have Phoenexis is that you are clearly proud of what you 'achieved' in cataclysm and thats fantastic and all but you are in a minority world and in the wow atm that means you get quickly forgotten, for the majority of players Destruction was not worth putting time and effort into because it didnt yield enough reward in cataclysm for the absoloutely retarded amount of effort it took in comparision to every other spec - The problem that we have here is that im talking about pve, your constant reference to spec defining has to do with a part of the game that will never take priority over pve.
    True, but isn't their current goal to make PvP more approachable? Isn't Chaos Bolt's problem that it's always frustrating for the one that casts it, gets hit by it, or both? There will be no balance with an ability that is so "excessive". Someone's not going to be happy, and as Nagassh said, currently it's warlocks biting the dust.
    You cannot have an ability that is "easy to interrupt, yet painful if you don't", because everyone gets pissed one way or another.

    I see Chaos Bolt atm, and it's neither practical, neither spec-defining, neither beneficial, neither engaging. So, what's it still doing here? Didn't we spend all of cata complaining about ISF?
    I personally did enjoy Destruction back in Cataclysm the most, but that doesn't mean we should return to that era specifically.

    And I didn't mention those 3 posts to make myself feel good. It was to justify a statement that I made. I don't think of myself as "teh graytast destrolock alivz", there are others that are much better and from which I've learned, it's just that nobody knows them.

    I'm coming out as a condescending, arrogant and nostalgic try-hard PvPer, and that's not the point of all of this
    Last edited by Phoenexis; 2013-07-01 at 12:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    You may be on to something here... GC claimed Ret Paladins killed his parents. Could it be that Warlocks drained Celas' dog soul?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •