10+ Year Old Account
    But making demon soul significantly better would just make AV a must have talent again... :P

Kinda like the "vengeance" AV version, I like the feeling of taking risks to gain more power, fits the warlock class.
    But the current version on PTR is pretty ridiculous.

Deleted
    WTB + 15% more damage while DS is active (Updates dynamically so dots dont abuse)

KKTHXBYE !

If i had the potential to do what the fire mage in my guild could do under bloodlust id give up casting while moving all day long.

OR ! !

Dark soul Instability - Increases your Critical strike chance by 30% and your crit damage by 30% for the duration, O M F G i would die for this lololol.

Can smell the pvp QQ now though.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-11 at 04:40 AM.

I just find it reeeaaallll odd that literally the very day the change makes it to the PTR server they say it'd been changed yet again. Could they not see how hard it would be to make it work without promoting counterintuitive play (seeking out damage rather than avoiding it) ? I mean, wasn't this the problem before ? Or at least part of the problem.

In any event, I wonder how they could change it to fit the same underlying concept ... damage taken = damage done.

But, yeah ... I did like the creator of that thread's suggestion of baking the current PTR version into Glyph of Demon Hunting !
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I'm wondering how the hell they're going to balance that versus the other two talents. O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9453685514#20

Thank fuck. Current iteration of AV on PTR is completely retarded.
    NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I want DA to exist. This makes it harder

This sucks. Vengeance was very good and warlocky. Now they are making it a very boring talent. It took them several weeks to implement it and the same day they take it away.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Yeah, balance aside, I liked the thought of getting our own Vengeance. Oh well.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt a more powerful Demon Soul will stand either, they've been struggling with burst all expansion. Doesn't really make sense to add a new talent to stack it higher. Also makes new MF a bit questionable since DS works on AE anyway.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2013-07-11 at 06:58 AM.

Deleted
    Very weird move. Scrapping the Vengeance-like AV is not very surprising, but a talent that buffs Dark Soul o_O
    (I hope this is Dark Soul and not Demon Soul as stated, because we don't have that spell anymore... )

MF will never be used if it stays that way, at least for Destro.

I would personally like to see a defensive buff. Whether it's increased armor like spriests/boomkins, old school soul link, increased +healing for Fel armor to offset battle fatigue, AV becoming a passive defensive, hell pretty much anything to help us from getting rolled by cleaves.

AV should prevent a lock from losing a shard/ember/fury for 8 seconds on 2 minute cooldown. (In rated pvp it's 4 seconds)
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    AV should prevent a lock from losing a shard/ember/fury for 8 seconds on 2 minute cooldown. (In rated pvp it's 4 seconds)
    Make it 9 seconds and we got a deal ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Make it 9 seconds and we got a deal ;p
    That would be boring for 90 talent.

I wonder how they are going to balance stronger Dark Soul. Yet again, Destro have least use of it (especially on pull), and Demo already do double damage when popping it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    I wonder how they are going to balance stronger Dark Soul. Yet again, Destro have least use of it (especially on pull), and Demo already do double damage when popping it.
    Destro has formidable use of it in PvP, that's why Chaos Bolt does 25% less damage against players. Again, makes no sense with that in mind to buff it further.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    That would be boring for 90 talent.
    First, knocking off 8 shadowburns in a row is anything but boring. Second, it's 5.4, the expansion is nearly over, they have no idea what they are doing, don't expect anything exciting or creative, run on sentence.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Something to make DS better? Holy hell, what did we do to get so lucky?
    Nothing, it's one of the worst things I've heard about that talent yet - shoving a pure damage increase in that tier just, ugh.

Good job fighting for KJC guys, now you're not going to get to use it on a lot of encounters, purely because the other two aren't utility - they're flat out dps increases. I said this would happen weeks ago, they'd balance making KJC desirable by making it a dps loss on anything but the most movement heavy encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    First, knocking off 8 shadowburns in a row is anything but boring. Second, it's 5.4, the expansion is nearly over, they have no idea what they are doing, don't expect anything exciting or creative, run on sentence.
    Then they should leave it alone until they know what it is instead of reinventing the tier 3 times over the course of a month. Fix it when you know what the fix is, you wouldn't start knocking down your houses walls if you didn't know how you were going to rebuild them.

That said, I really wish they would knock this tier of talents down. Once again it's proving to need copious amounts of redesign to make it work. Just scrap it, redesign it from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I want DA to exist. This makes it harder
    #Agreed
    Guess it will change a few more times before live anyway so will have to wait and see what it actually ends up being.

- - - Updated - - -

I really really wanted vengance and the more I think about it the more I am sad that they are no longer giving it to us =/
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

I am really baffled. Is there a class design team left? With some plans for classes. We are heading towards the last patch of this expansion and it seems like after the truly remarkable class revamp, they do not seem to know what to do next. How to balance, what they really want. I suspect that the AV change that lasted for ... one day was an old design. There is no other logical explanation for AV. Since they announced the AV mechanic, ALL were talking about taking damage on purpose etc. And they say now that ONE day at PTR persuaded them for that? I would really appreciate some truth ffs.

Anyone worth a damn in class development is working on Titan or the new expansion. Anyone not selected (due to lack of skill) for these up and coming games are left with MoP and it's showing. Good thing they hired Lore to distract community as they feel like they are involved in the process.
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch