Deleted
    From a destro Pov, could deal at that for Dark soul ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I think that would be incredibly overpowered, how much you wanna bet ?
    A bet I would gladly lose to have a 30% crit 30% mastery cooldown for my Chaos bolts.
    haha so its a win win situation for you. i suppose it could be something like 30% mastery and haste for demo and afflic, and 30% mastery and crit for destro, that would be a less OP version atleast.

More than an OP DS I wish new AV would be a talent whch make your Doomguard an 3min CD.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    who wants to bet that all they'd do with the AV DS thing is to have AV merge all 3 versions of DS into one version, so it would simply give you 30% crit, haste and mastery for 20 sec on a 2 min cd, im almost certain they will do it that way, and it will make DS "significantly more potent".
    That'd be stupid good, probably too good for pvp unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    One thing I'm sure was just a very minor derp moment by the Blue who posted but that struck out to me, is they referred to it as Demon Soul
    It's a Derp I make all the time, I even did it in an earlier post. Wouldn't read too much into it.

It does look like they're going along the lines of an AoE cooldown, a movement 'thing' and probably a single target cooldown; as I said before it'll probably buff Dark Soul's bonus to include increased damage for single target direct damage and channeled spells. They're calling players' bluff over the "fun" argument for KJC, as they did with Sacrifice when players argued they used that because it was more fun. No doubt some will keep to it, most will choose damage as being the more fun option, it usually is.

Using DS to make AV better is part of what is ruining PVP in this game. The absolute number one problem with PVP is the power of the 'swifty macro' and stacking 5 powerful cd's to 100-0 the most vulnerable target on the other team.

Affliction next season is already shaping up to be very strong (stronger dots and haunt, less reliance on MG).

Right now, affliction already does scary dmg in 3's by popping our cd's and dotting the other team. If you get good RNG during DS and can toss out a couple haunts its really scary, and this is live. With the current changes AND DS is just overkill and will result in PVP based nerfs.

In before corruption does 25% less damage to players.

I dont have the answer, but this isnt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    at this point it is obvious that we can glean no useful information from the Devs as to what direction they intend to take the Tier 90 talents.

I think we should just talk about something else for a week or so, until they make a decision. Otherwise we are just jerking off.

Whoever posted the bit about KC getting the GoSac treatment is spot on. It's exacerbated by the current direction/design of MF, which means we're probably stuck taking the new AV DS booster in every situation outside of burst Affliction AoE. What a cluster fuck of a tier our 90 talents have been.

Here's my interim suggestion just on KC: Scrap KC altogether and bake the new design into MG/Incin/Sbolt (this is gamebreaking in neither pvp or pve and let's us preserve some of the current feel). Then they can make whatever random ghetto +++++DMG talents they want in the tier and we'll all just take the one that maths out the best. Hooray.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Whoever posted the bit about KC getting the GoSac treatment is spot on. It's exacerbated by the current direction/design of MF, which means we're probably stuck taking the new AV DS booster in every situation outside of burst Affliction AoE. What a cluster fuck of a tier our 90 talents have been.

Here's my interim suggestion just on KC: Scrap KC altogether and bake the new design into MG/Incin/Sbolt (this is gamebreaking in neither pvp or pve and let's us preserve some of the current feel). Then they can make whatever random ghetto +++++DMG talents they want in the tier and we'll all just take the one that maths out the best. Hooray.
    I've been saying MG should be base mobile and to just start completely over on a new talent from Day One.

At the rate things are devolving I'm leaning towards making MG, shadowbolt, and incinerate mobile baseline. KJC can be a spiritwalker's type of CD for getting off that clutch fear or nuke. MF keeps its aoe niche. AV can be the single target increase we get to use if we can manage our movement really well to offset what we theoretically lose by having to move.

PVP I agree a more potent darksoul is going to raise the swifty issue. However that isn't any different than almost every other class out there. So until or unless they change the macro level landscape of burst we are only keeping pace with our competition. I don't like the "just blow all CD's and zerg" gameplay but it seems to be a reality we are stuck with for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Touch Of Karma unbalance Windwalker Monks? Couldn't AV be turned into an ability like ToK where it has no passive component?

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Does Touch Of Karma unbalance Windwalker Monks? Couldn't AV be turned into an ability like ToK where it has no passive component?
    Touch of Karma is what AV should have been from day 1. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Using DS to make AV better is part of what is ruining PVP in this game. The absolute number one problem with PVP is the power of the 'swifty macro' and stacking 5 powerful cd's to 100-0 the most vulnerable target on the other team.

Affliction next season is already shaping up to be very strong (stronger dots and haunt, less reliance on MG).

Right now, affliction already does scary dmg in 3's by popping our cd's and dotting the other team. If you get good RNG during DS and can toss out a couple haunts its really scary, and this is live. With the current changes AND DS is just overkill and will result in PVP based nerfs.

In before corruption does 25% less damage to players.

I dont have the answer, but this isnt it.
    Ironically corruption is the only thing they haven't touched and does kinda garbage damage. But yeah... we aren't the only class they're shaping up to be pvp nightmares this patch, w/e they do it's better than the old AV. Even if it does get the nerf bat, but we're all speculating it's damage. Could be something else, they could add a healing or shield element to dark soul. Who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    Touch of Karma is what AV should have been from day 1. Good call.
    Yeah.. it really should've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    The difference with Touch of Karma is that it's only for melee Monks, who can't go chasing after big, avoidable hits without losing overall dps by being out of attack range of the boss. It also doubles as a defensive cooldown.

So it's much less likely a Monk will "abuse" it.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-07-11 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Always astounds me what people will think up to bend the rules to their advantage enough. I would have never even dreamt of using this kind of strategy to get the maximum out of AV. xD
    I was planning to have a fairly hard hitting trash mob left up and my void walker tanking it off in some corner. I'd couple it with soul link for the pet healing.

Deleted
    Or they could just bring all the 90 talents in the same theme, thus resolving this mess.

E.g.: Want to make a movement compensating tier?

Keep KJC

Change AV to: For every second on the move, your spells deal X% more damage for the next Y seconds (you could tune the numbers so that it's still a DPS loss to move, but not total, thus banning some wierd play style consequences it could have had (warlocks running around for 70% of the fight))

and

Change MF to: You can cast while moving, but your spells cost health while cast on the move. The health cost is X% per mana consuming spells and Y% per special resource consuming spells.

So far this tier feels like: "Yeah, we have some neat ideas, but we for all that is holy can't think of any other options to these talents so we'll just put them into one tier". I have this feeling with other talents as well, particulary Rogue talents feel out of theme.

Our talents, thematically, are fine.. we have healing tier, damage preventing tier, cc tier, pet tier and a get out of shit tier. Then there's lvl 90 tier... our clusterf*ck tier. Well, there you go, that's the appropriate theme for that tier - "clusterf*ck".
    Last edited by mmoc66d840c490; 2013-07-11 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I think that would be incredibly overpowered, how much you wanna bet ?
    A bet I would gladly lose to have a 30% crit 30% mastery cooldown for my Chaos bolts.
    That does sound over powered... Maybe it will change it so that you get the full benefit from one, and half the benefit from the two other specs, or maybe just half the benefit from all three? It's still a dps increase, but not as ridiculous of one.

Archimonde's Vengeance has been redesigned and renamed into Archimonde's Darkness. Archimonde's Darkness gives the Warlock's Dark Soul spell two charges.

Soul Link now transfers 20% of damage taken by the Warlock to their pet, and 3% of all damage dealt by the Warlock will be returned as healing for the Warlock and their pet. This ability is always active while the Warlock's pet is active.
    Glyphs

Glyph of Dark Soul will be redesigned.
    AV, now AD, is crazy, crazy strong.

Edit: Source - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/101...2_2013#warlock
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2013-07-12 at 08:14 PM.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    AV, now AD, is crazy, crazy strong.
    Source?

randomcharacterstomeetthelimit

Deleted
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...notes-july-12/

Hmm... I guess this has two effects :
    - We start with two charges, meaning we can either have a long initial burst or delay the second for later procs
    - We can keep one charge throughout the fight and unleash it when most needed or when procs align
    It could be very good... even too good compared to the two other talents (this will never end §)

As for the "new" Soul Link... it is the old Soul Link from Cata ? With a bonus healing it could very well be the new winner for a lot of fights.