Page 8 of 214 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    bah nevermind
    Last edited by Cathbadh; 2013-06-12 at 06:49 AM.

We lived without being able to cast while moving before. We'll get by and be ok. We've been very strong for the entire expansion in PvE.

Yeah, moving while casting was fun for us, but how about other classes that were less mobile or melee who were having their niche encroached upon?

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly, The filler spell of each spec should be able to castable on move, like shaman's lightning bolt. So take Shadowbolt, Maelific Grasp, and Incinerate and make them castable while moving baseline, and simply resdesign KJC. The nerf makes it completely unusable.

Yes, we were fine before, but, in the recent trend of of bosses in the expansions, they have become heavy movement, which actually hurts caster dps. So to compensate, blizzard buffs their damage, which then hurts in pvp, then they nerf the damage. In honesty, with the more Movement heavy fights coming and Less patchwerk fights more and more, they should simply give us our filler as baseline cast on move.
    Last edited by Skayth; 2013-06-12 at 06:58 AM. Reason: explanation on movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a terrible thing to do mid expansion.

This change will fundamentally change the way 90% of warlocks currently play. The locks who aren't okay with this change are then given the option to quit or reroll mid expansion and try to gear up another character. Two pretty crappy options to give players imo.

The only spec I play is Affliction. I don't enjoy Demo or Destro and now I'm faced with the choice above. I don't see any way to work around this as affliction and tbh it sucks.

When GC said they were going to be taking another look at talents that were too good I thought they'd realize that KJC is a requirement for Afflic in it's current state and make it baseline and offer something knew in its spot on the talent tree.

There has to be something more to this, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. There just isn't any way that Affliction stays a viable PvE spec without KJC and I find it hard to believe that blizzard can't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    We lived without being able to cast while moving before. We'll get by and be ok. We've been very strong for the entire expansion in PvE.

Yeah, moving while casting was fun for us, but how about other classes that were less mobile or melee who were having their niche encroached upon?
    No. Why accept regression? Do you think the Galaxy S4 would sell if it had FEWER features than the S3?
    The other classes don't have as much fun? Bring them up to speed instead of half-assing it with things like Ice Floes (which, btw is pretty much what KJC is becoming. Congratulations! Your lv 90 talent is now a lv 15 mage one!). There are plenty of other "niches" melee still have.

I know warlock players tend to develop a bit of battered wife syndrome when it comes to nerfs, but face it, sometimes a bad idea is just a bad idea and needs to be called out on its face.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Item - Warlock T16 2P Bonus (New) Conflagrate has a 20% chance to increase the critical strike chance of Immolate and Incinerate by 15%. Unstable Affliction critical hits have a 40% chance to increase all damaging effects of Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul by 30% for 10 sec. Soul Fire has a 20% chance to increase you and your pet's damage dealt by 20%.
    Another push to not use GoSac. If they're really so hung up on the class not using Sacrifice, why don't they replace the talent with something else entirely already.

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    There has to be something more to this, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. There just isn't any way that Affliction stays a viable PvE spec without KJC and I find it hard to believe that blizzard can't see that.
    Right, personally I dislike KJC as a talent and think it should be removed completely (or turned into the 5.4 version, whatever). But this isn't Cataclysm, and in Cataclysm while I liked having to cast (and not move while doing so), you had means to avoid or minimize losing damage due to a variety of instants (shadowflame, instant shadow bolts) that just don't exist anymore. Even if you couldn't do anything (and let's say Fel Flame did not recalculate DoT damage), back then a Fel Flame rotation was far less of a DPS loss than it would be today.

KJC is bad, but Blizzard dug the class into a hole with the way it's designed. Can't really think that removing it for affliction at this point would be good, whatsoever, unless serious other changes were made (either MG castable while moving, or alternative fillers that are less of a DPS loss).

Quote Originally Posted by Xploits View Post
    Another push to not use GoSac. If they're really so hung up on the class not using Sacrifice, why don't they replace the talent with something else entirely already.
    That has nothing to do with Sac, if anything, it's neutral so you aren't actually forced to use Sac.

This does not help non-GoSac over GoSac.

How many Demos were rolling with Sac?

Quote Originally Posted by Szarala View Post
    How many Demos were rolling with Sac?

Me, but I'm bad.

Deleted
    At least make the filler spells castable on the move baseline. This talent just can't make it to live like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post

First, the bolded shouldn't matter. Most of the good things we got because they spent so much time making locks so undesirable in past expansions that only a handful of us played them.

As for the past, in the past affliction had strong dots and wasn't forced to channel as a filler. In the past Destro didn't revolve around a very slow casting spell. They gave us core abilities that depended on being able to cast while moving. Change the movement? Fine. Change how the specs work too.

Deleted
    Make Incinerate, Shadow Bolt and Malefic Grasp baseline castable while moving. Problem solved!
    We are then in the same spot as most casters, having an ability to cast while moving.
    KJC IS too good, and it's fine they are nerfing ig (I wouldn't mind they didn't), but it's hurting too much.
    So giving us those casts on the run, wouldn't make it the Day of Doom when 5.4 hits.

awesome set bonus
    lvl 90 talents get shit .. again .. wow cool 1.5 min .. great not like you need to bomb more often on fights where you pick that crap
    kjc .. you can walk every 1.5 min .. wee

well looks like i go back to the compleetly bugged 5% dmg retun that never realy triggers in boss fights .. oh wait yeah .. thats crap too ..

how come pretty mutch every class got nice 90 talents (paladin got 3 diffrent spells for aoe/single/heal, priest got instanukeaoe,can be used often aoe etc .. and we got useless, soon useless and .. oh fuck 1 boss in tot where i did use it..)

If this horseshit KJC change goes through, they have to take all those damage nerfs we've gotten since the beginning of the xpac and revert them, maybe even give us more to even be competitive again without this talent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    Make Incinerate, Shadow Bolt and Malefic Grasp baseline castable while moving. Problem solved!
    We are then in the same spot as most casters, having an ability to cast while moving.
    KJC IS too good, and it's fine they are nerfing ig (I wouldn't mind they didn't), but it's hurting too much.
    So giving us those casts on the run, wouldn't make it the Day of Doom when 5.4 hits.
    Ele - LB
    Mage - fire only and only scorch..
    shadow - ????
    boomkin - ????

did i miss one ?

And you want 3 baseline

Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    Ele - LB
    Mage - fire only and only scorch..
    shadow - ????
    boomkin - ????

did i miss one ?

And you want 3 baseline
    One per spec, yes.

Deleted
    This 4p bonus is stupid for Destro, are we supposed to fire a Chaos bolt as soon as we get an Ember ? Seems very interesting gameplay !

I agree we were overpowered this expantion.

As a die hard affliction warlock, KJC was for me the only way to live. This tier forced us to move. Constantly. And our output was based on the fact that we COULD move.
    Think of horridon, council etc. If we are snared to the ground we can't MG. And if we dont MG we don't DPS. FellFlamme is a double DPS-loss for affliction. It cost a lot, refresh (and downgrade if you're unlucky) your dots and hit like a wet noodle.

If the next tier is more "root-friendly" then the KJC nerf will hit us less badly, but I doubt it will happend.

So what they should do is, I think, make our filler spell (MG, Inci/immolate, ShadowBolt) castable while moving and make our "big" spell (Haunt, Chaos bolt, Soul Fire) castable only when rooted on the ground. It gives us mobillity and forces us to actually think of our placement before casting.

Nothing is more disheartening as destruction than a "YOU HAV ONE SECOND TO MOVE NAOW OR DIE LAUL" while your chaos bolt has 1.4s before launching...

TL/DR : having to think of our position isn't bad. Casting our filler while moving isn't bad.
    Oh, and I want my metagem please
    Last edited by Shauni; 2013-06-12 at 07:33 AM. Reason: un-frenchized some expressions

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    My personal idea would have been to make Fel Flame also trigger a proc of each DoT tick, perhaps a smaller amount than MG, but enough that it would scale with mastery also and not be as big of a DPS loss.