Page 11 of 214 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    KJC & MF are huge nerfs.
    Especially with KJC I Wonder how we'll be able to PVP.

Melee already have infinite mobility, with warrior & rogues mechanism completely obliterating the usefulness of portal & demonic gateways & paladins & dks running faster than the Wind. Not even talking of ridiculous monks & ferals mobility.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2013-06-12 at 09:39 AM.

ugh... why remove the 10% damage reduction. (

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    Mages and shammies were never able to do their full rotation on the move like we were, and hunters aren't casters.
    They also get to move at full speed, instead of completely hamstringing themselves in pvp (which considering casters generally stay alive by keeping distance, is huge), or making themselves either require instant reaction to what other classes have a second of thinking space, or having to plan around boss abilities (blizzard seem to love the new "pushback wind" mechanic this expansion, enjoy dealing with that when you have a huge snare).

We now have spiritwalkers grace as a max level talent, which shamen have as baseline iirc - outside of that (or if the fight requires us to take MF), affliction can't do squat half the time since the entire rotation is built around preserving dot buffs, and fel flame does not mesh with that playstyle one bit, the ability was left in it's old format (which was hardly stellar back in cata), despite the entire warlock system getting a redesign which it simply doesn't work together with. Destro and demo are far less affected by it, but even then it's not great.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Up to a limit = would extend everything (including Lei Shen) but only up to (say) 3 times. Then any further Fel Flames will not extend the DoT until a hard refresh is done.
    Oh there are ways they could work around it, but I'd rather they just redesigned it so it wasn't refreshing dots at all - it was useful back in Cata (to an extent, even then it was a bit meh), but with the way dot gaming is so vital to play these days, it doesn't mesh with that one bit, especially when we have SB:SS - it's just an outdated relic of an older system that has been left lying around instead of fixing to work when everything else was retooled, we need a different movement filler or the one we have tweaking.

I'd argue the same for the max level talents, Blizzard have sat around buffing KJC, then nerfing it and MF for long enough. Most talent tiers are all similar (CC tier / survivability tier / damage increase tier etc), but our last set of talents are so disparate that it's proving impossible to balance them.

AV is just flawed on concept - they're doing plenty to re-work vengeance since they don't want tanks abusing the damage they take for a damage boost - that's exactly what AV ends up being, which for a dps class, is sucky.

KJC I personally found fine with the snare, useless before when it was a damage gimp, as it stands now it's in the same boat as AV - it's bad, but it's competing with other garbage talents so pick your poison.

MF I really don't understand the nerf, it's always been a very volatile talent where if you want huge AOE radius, it outstrips the others by far, but is useless without it - but that's to be expected when the talent has zero benefit beyond aoe and it's competing with talents that offer zero benefit ON aoe, just a byproduct of giving us a tier where each talent is so different.

They either need to accept that if they want the talents to be such varied utility, that people will invariably flock towards one talent, as they did with KJC, and that's just how things will be - not bad, just how it is, the other talents will shine on their respected niches.

Or they need to redesign that tier of talents from the ground up so that they actually have some crossover like most other talent tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    ugh... why remove the 10% damage reduction. (
    They weren't sure if the KJC change would be overkill enough, gotta kick the corpse a bit.

We should get Mortal Coil baseline instead of Howl of Terror, because we're a self-sustain class and it fits better as a baseline ability Imo.

KJC change hurts. A LOT. I can't understand it. We got to cast while moving but we also snared ourselves by doing so, so it wasn't that a big deal. If we're getting it as a CD it should definitely a shorter CD, 45-60 sec. Same for MF.

The damage reduction from Fel Armor also hurts.

I think Soul Harvest should be active all the time, not only out of combat, to compensate these changes.

We already have a bad time against melee classes, so making us more stationary to cast and less tanky will hurt us a lot in PvP.

Deleted
    I think all locks love the state we are in atm, which is grossly overpowered (In PvE).

10% passive dmg reduc/hp/healing taken, Soul Leech, our 3 survival talents, portals, best AoE on some fights, one of top single target etc.

Removing the passive 10% is a bad idea, because we need it in pvp. I do believe Soul Leech should be tweaked in line with Dark Regen.

KJC is a very fun talent in current state, but it also dumbs the class down alot. 15/90 might be over the top, but it should be around that ratio, maybe 10/60.

I don't really like the MF change, atleast I believe the cooldown should be lower. 15/45 seems fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    and hunters aren't casters.
    What is difference between a hunter and caster nowadays? All I can think of is that hunters can't be interrupted, only disarmed which is equiv of blanket silence (unless they are BM, then they just /lol). Previously they were unique of having to stand while casting their filler but nuke with instants (well, at least post Aimed Shot changes), they also couldn't shoot in melee range. Now everything is castable on the move and in melee, they are effectively melee class with range, far superior to any wizard.

OT: It really seems like Demo will be spec to go this tier, especially if they won't nerf Lei Shen trinket (Shard of Woe v2?). Affliction is hurt a lot by KJC change, Destro with tier bonuses dumbed down to casting CB when you get ember AND the KJC change AND we still haven't got to Rain of Fire single target nerf which will leave even less to cast when moving AND Manny Fury is huge hit aimed for destro again.

And what are they thinking with Soul Leech? Any sane Warlock knows how OP it is, especially for Destro spec, and they are specifically BUFFING it, wtf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    The problem for PVE is the way they've taken the class in general.

1) Aff DoTs just don't hit that hard anymore, MG makes them awesome. Channeling doesn't mesh with movement at all.

2) This means more fel flame use which in itself is a DPS loss. Combine that with how badly it eats into mana and you'll lifetap more. More time spent lifetapping means yet another DPS loss.

3) For Destro you have a class that's now based around a slow as molasses cast of Chaos Bolt, which doesn't mesh with immobility. Of course it also means you'll fel flame more, which again brings us back to its mana cost, except for Destro there's no lifetap. So instead of casting Chaos Bolt when your procs are lined up or whenever else its optimal, you'll do it because you're OOM.

4) This part is opinion so YMMV, but it seems like in this expansion more and more fights require much more movement than in expansions past.

Aside from the PVE concerns I find moving and casting to be incredibly fun, to the point that it is honestly my favorite part of this expansion. I'd take a flat 10% across the board damage nerf to keep it. I'd take the inane rotations of Cata to keep it. I'm not a fair weather lock who'll quit over this nerf, but there will be plenty that will, which should do wonders for a class that received so much special attention this expansion due to its incredibly low number of players.
    I agree with everything you have said with the addition that we have had our healing removed from us and replaced with a shield which means that more life taps is also a kick in the backside to our survivability.

I know it still early, but am I only lock here who feels like people in charge of our class, have no clue what they are doing? 90 talents are now trash, we might as well not even have them, at way they are looking. We are supposed to be Demonic be able to do thing others can't since we practice black magic and everything. Yet seems like we becoming no different then mages and other caster, as all these nerfs after nerfs we are getting. Every patch they kill the lock more, soon class will be worthless at their rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to roll a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivrax View Post
    What is difference between a hunter and caster nowadays? All I can think of is that hunters can't be interrupted, only disarmed which is equiv of blanket silence (unless they are BM, then they just /lol). Previously they were unique of having to stand while casting their filler but nuke with instants (well, at least post Aimed Shot changes), they also couldn't shoot in melee range. Now everything is castable on the move and in melee, they are effectively melee class with range, far superior to any wizard.

OT: It really seems like Demo will be spec to go this tier, especially if they won't nerf Lei Shen trinket (Shard of Woe v2?). Affliction is hurt a lot by KJC change, Destro with tier bonuses dumbed down to casting CB when you get ember AND the KJC change AND we still haven't got to Rain of Fire single target nerf which will leave even less to cast when moving AND Manny Fury is huge hit aimed for destro again.

And what are they thinking with Soul Leech? Any sane Warlock knows how OP it is, especially for Destro spec, and they are specifically BUFFING it, wtf?
    SL change is needed, something that should of been day one, when they in excute range shouldn't have to choose to do CB over SB just to take less damage and help healers, should be able to use SB, but current when you replace CB with SB you now just lost that shield that could save your butt. This change is only good thing I seen from this PTR for lock.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 07:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    Time to roll a hunter.
    If they gave hunters mana back, I would go back to it in a heart beat. When i started in vanilla I made a hunter and lock and those were my main, since hunter went to focus I have not played one since.

Deleted
    Destro Soul Leech wasn't in need of a buff, but now Havoc'ing 3 Shadowburn will be pretty OP for building a SL shield

When they bring these horrible changes to the live servers, they have to revert some changes they made to other spells because our lvl 90 talents existed as passive.

Anyone remembers the changes to SoC, Hellfire, RoF or FnB to which they replied, that we have Mannaroth's Fury?

Looks like buffs for pvp.
    For pve, this really makes me sad, the changes to Manaroths fury and KJC are both TERRIBLE. I realise we were strong, and I know this is just the first patch notes for PTR, but I really hope they revise this change or change us in other ways. To be honest I was expecting changes to our survivability and not MF/KJC which bassically make us useful. Can you imagine AoEing on Ice walls without MF? I dno, im probably just in Butthurt mode, and we will probably even see MORE nerfs to us. But I just need some time to adjust... and cry.. =/
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    Blizz finally accomplished in MoP what they never accomplished before, to give a pure DPS class three different and very viable speccs at the same time. They never managed that before in 9 years. And now they are destroying their class design master piece? wtf? Affliction won't be viable on movement heavy fights anymore and even destro will have rough times in 5.4

It's all about Demo in 5.4. Best mobility combined with sick UVLS and super strong set bonuses.

Sad warlock is sad.
    Last edited by mmocff0de3da04; 2013-06-12 at 11:42 AM.

Ye if they nerf more before this patch is released i'm going back to my hunter or druid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    For pve, this really makes me sad, the changes to Manaroths fury and KJC are both TERRIBLE. I realise we were strong, and I know this is just the first patch notes for PTR, but I really hope they revise this change or change us in other ways. To be honest I was expecting changes to our survivability and not MF/KJC which bassically make us useful. Can you imagine AoEing on Ice walls without MF? I dno, im probably just in Butthurt mode, and we will probably even see MORE nerfs to us. But I just need some time to adjust... and cry.. =/
    Only way these changes make it, if locks do not speak up , and tell them these changes have to go. Also I might be the only one who feels like this, but with all the nerfs we been getting I can't help but feel like the team that works on our class, is showing nothing by bias to us. You get those times when you can pvp with the blues, I think those designers were dotted up and kitted like mad by affliction, faced smashed by demo, and had Chaos Bolt to the face by destro, and instead of dealing with it, they taking it out on our class and nerfing us. I strongly feel this is why are class is getting weaker and weaker, each patch. Other words we need a new design team, one who show our class the respect it deserves, and make us lock want to keep playing the class, and get other to come. Lock is a dying class because of all the bias designers have on us, I feel.
    Last edited by NytemareRulez; 2013-06-12 at 08:54 PM.

Deleted
    they should have changed KJC so it only affected our filler spells, that would have made sense, to change it the way they did was stupid. we had only 1 choice b4, now we will do equally well without a lvl 90 talent as we would with a lvl 90 talent, so i guess something good did come out of it, now we dont need to pick a lvl 90 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    Blizz finally accomplished in MoP what they never accomplished before, to give a pure DPS class three different and very viable speccs at the same time. They never managed that before in 9 years. And now they are destroying their class design master piece? wtf? Affliction won't be viable on movement heavy fights anymore and even destro will have rough times in 5.4

It's all about Demo in 5.4. Best mobility combined with sick UVLS and super strong set bonuses.

Sad warlock is sad.
    AMEN to that!

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    We lived without being able to cast while moving before. We'll get by and be ok. We've been very strong for the entire expansion in PvE.

Yeah, moving while casting was fun for us, but how about other classes that were less mobile or melee who were having their niche encroached upon?
    We had options before. Now? Now ALL of our specs require continous casting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NytemareRulez View Post
    I know it still early, but am I only lock here who feels like people in charge of our class, have no clue what they are doing? 90 talents are now trash, we might as well not even have them, at way they are looking. We are supposed to be Demonic be able to do thing others can't since we practice black magic and everything. Yet seems like we becoming no different then mages and other caster, as all these nerfs after nerfs we are getting. Every patch they kill the lock more, soon class will be worthless at their rate.
    MMOC has been complaining about blizzard not knowing what they're doing with warlocks ever since MOP launched and Xelnath was booted (Though I frankly don't like what Xel did to affliction either, so eh).

Most peoples problem isn't with the class thematics though, these nerfs aren't making us "less demonic", they're just making us less enjoyable to play and even weaker in pvp, where we're already on our knees. Thematically demo is pretty damn demon-y (though I prefered it as a pet class, I hate meta), destruction is less of a mage than ever, and affliction is still pretty none-mage-y, even if it has turned from being the most unique feeling spec to a shadowpriest wanabe.

blizzard seems to have some major problems with warlock direction, but it's mechanics more than feeling like they're not their own class.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    PVP buffs? We've got a 10% passive damage reduction taken away from us (that was only given to us recently), KJC nerfed, MF nerfed and we got Howl as baseline and an optional breath snare in return - am I missing something, or is that not a particularly fair tradeoff on the pvp front?

Don't get me wrong, we've been asking for one of those CC talents to be made baseline for a while and I'm glad they're listening, but it seems that we've got the one that's least asked for (I usually see either shadowfury or deathcoil being asked for, not sure I've EVER seen Howl asked for - personally I lean on deathcoil since it's always useful, even in pve), but they're handing us a dime while taking our wallet.