Deleted
    well either they should remove fel flame's ability to snapshot(afaik this is how dk's festering strike works, not sure tho but it would prolly be deemed too powerful as we could potentially roll our supercharged dots with 100% crit, 100%+ haste and 50K+ sp dots the entire fight) and then increase its dmg or remove its ability to extend dot's duration completely and then increase its dmg(a glyph that did this would really help) as that is the only real way to make fel flame worth using while moving atleast for afflic, demo doesnt have this problem and destro have it to a much lesser extend due to the fact that their immolate does a much smaller fraction of destro's dps than UA, Corr or Agony does for afflic(not sure about corr tho) and as long as its like that, fel flame would be pointless to use in most situations where you need to move as afflic, usually making it better not to do anything and having haunt being castable while moving is just utterly useless coz we'll still need to MG the full duration for it to be beneficial for us, not to mention that it costs a shard that we might not have available at the time, so that is something that needs to be addressed as well.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-06-16 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well either they should remove fel flame's ability to snapshot(afaik this is how dk's festering strike works
    Sorry, but this will never ever happen. They've got enough issues with Festerblight being OP to make that mistake.

Deleted
    wrote that in my post as well, and you're completely right, it isnt a change that will happen, would be extremely OP for a spec that does so much DoT dmg.

Ok so after some testing on the ptr with the t16 set bonuses this is what I've come up with.
    Destro:
    2 pc - either bugged/broken or I have the worst rng in the world. I tested this for 20min, 10mins on dummies with and without havoc and 10mins on heavy (8+) aoe pulls. Never proc'd. Like at all.
    4pc - Very buggy. 5s buff is rather lackluster. Its worse than trying to get a CBolt off during UVLS. Also It seems to have an internal CD of some sort. If you get more than 1 ember full during its duration it wont reset the timer. Even better you have another couple of seconds before it will proc again. So Mass ember generation with this bonus is horribly wasted.
    Aff:
    2pc - Very good uptime, I mean really good. It not only procs from UA ticks but the MG:UA ticks as well. Also another plus is it will refill the timer with overriding procs. So with good rng you could essentially have it up 100% of the time. The proc itself increase MG's damage and the damage of the additional dot ticks. So they tick for 80%(104% if you have GoSac) of their normal damage.
    4pc- Kinda meh. The extra shard is nice but it cause shard capping like it was going out-of-style.
    Demo:
    I haven't tried demo yet. Not a big fan of the spec, but I can imagine its plagued with the same problems as destro, either buggy or somehow wasted by overriding a strong HG 2 stack with a weaker one.

So from my current testing this is how I rank them: Aff>demo>destro.

>>>Oh one more thing. Soul leech now has a cap of 30% of your max hp. So yay for another ninja nerf.
    Last edited by Vistire; 2013-06-17 at 12:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistire View Post
    >>>Oh one more thing. Soul leech now has a cap of 30% of your max hp. So yay for another ninja nerf.
    Oh brilliant. I was wondering why on earth they hadn't nerfed that, but they did then? Need to check that on PTR tomorrow. Not even touched my toon there after copying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vistire View Post

Really if this is the case, I start suspecting that there are more that 2-3 independent teams that produce patch changes. They want to nerf survivability and they do so by nerfing ALL talent/skills/spells regarding survivability. One team thinks KJC is not proper and another at the same time does not like MF.

Really this is not normal :S
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, a nerf to it was expected to happen sooner or later anyway, currently it's pretty ridiculous how much damage you can avoid with it.
    Aside from that, I really want to see some buffs on the ptr now, getting a bit tired of all these nerfs. /sigh

Agreed, the Soul Leech nerf is actually overdue. I was surprised it originally went live as strong as it was.

Deleted
    well, capping soul leech at 30% hp seem a bit much tho, 50% would be a much better place to put the cap, ofc i wouldnt mind if they decreased the time it took to maximize it but that wont happen. it just annoys me that blizz is appying those stealth nerfs, the least they can do is put them on the ptr patchnotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Well, a nerf to it was expected to happen sooner or later anyway, currently it's pretty ridiculous how much damage you can avoid with it.
    Aside from that, I really want to see some buffs on the ptr now, getting a bit tired of all these nerfs. /sigh
    Yes indeed. But they nerf everything at the same time. They said that warlock survivability was a problem. They nerf fel armor and then soul leech. Because "many guilds (???) were complaining that they prefer locks because they need less healing". That sound a bit vague to say at least. But the never mentioned the others. Such as MF being a problem. Anyway. Whining leads nowhere.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Deleted
    IMHO the problem lays behind the game. I’m try to explain myself. all these changes ( i want to call it changes for sanity) only talk about lack of ideas. IMHO the problem are the changes itself. why are they changing our class in this rude way every few months? i want to stay , master the class , enjoy the class. i don't mind cast on the move or have more or less damage avoiding.

i want to have a stable class. i understand that with a new patch ,new content , new bosses and mechanics there's a places to change something, but we are getting basis changes every patch is released, we have no identity. Now on affliction all our play style turns arround casting MG and DS they are the basis of our dps and game play style, and this cannot be done without channeling on the move.

i'm thinking that no matter what they are going to do with KJK, they are going to give us some buff to make us competitive (they cannot leave us only with the nerf ), and i am talking from affliction perspective. i want to be able to top meters, not win easily but able to win if i done well.

i want to be competitive but overall i don't want to change my play style every 4 months. these changes only makes me think that blizzard make the changes without thinking , or not thinking enough. i want that they don't have the need to change us.

and i don't know why they want to change us in this moment...... we are not topping meters on all bosses, maybe 3 or 4 out of 12. but we are near followed by others classes. we are not over at this moment.... then... why do they change us now?

if we are nerfed and do less dps, another class will be the first one on meters (and i am not talking that we are) , then they are going to nerf them too?
    we cannot be all equals, always there will be a class doing better on some bosses or some mechanics, then ... always nerfing or changing is the way?

they nerf us because they don't want that all warlocks take the same talent..... but.... if there are 3 choices , only if all of them are garbage, always there will be one that is better than the other two, and if you want to do it well you will take that talent. now is KJC, tomorrow will be AV?. i don't know , but the only way to make them equal is make that all of them be trash talent.

I don’t know what they are going to do with us. But I only say. “Please let me be competitive , don’t change me from up to down every 4 months , let me enjoy my class “
    Last edited by mmocad7d93be07; 2013-06-17 at 03:06 PM.

For Destro: How about Fel Flame hits a little harder and reduces the cd on Conflagrate and/or 3 charges of backdraft is an instant Chaosbolt.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2013-06-17 at 04:16 PM.

Deleted
    I think I lvl a huntard then, all tht movement, only reason I level my lock to 90 because I thought they was a unique caster that can move and cast. Hope they change nerf b4 live. Or the could make incerate and chaosbolt able to cast and move.

Deleted
    whoever think that we'll gain castable spells or buffs to our dot because of kjc change, does not know blizzard at all.
    GC stated about casters who move , he/they does not want them, he/they want turret mode, with the exception of a scorch like spell see the latest tweet :
    Can you please explain what "spells" you expect affliction locks to cast while moving?
    Haunt. Whatever you want with KJC. Considering buffing Fel Flame.

there will be no tradeoff, hence kjc actual version which is (in his/their mind) enough of a gift, will go live.

Like we discussed and argued with CB vs CB+dot in 5.2, like we discussed on kjc 5.0 vs 5.2 when nobody really thought that it will go live like this (too op), but it did, and so are the 123123 examples during those past years, where 90% of the time the change go live.

i can say the same for MF change.

Short term vision of a class (1 major patch release long) is short term vision of a class.

miss you Xel'.
    Last edited by mmoc60b912d8f2; 2013-06-17 at 04:33 PM.

one step forward, two steps back.....
    While all other games are moving towards mobile casters, GC's ideas are to backtrack and bring back turret mode while designing boss mechanics that require more and more movement..... Its really quite sad its happening... Looking at tweets, GC is being very stubborn and thinks that even bringing something like ele shaman LB mechanic to locks shadowbolt (and its alternatives) is still op...

Soul Leech nerf was DEFINITELY overdue - 30% of our HP is still a lot considering we have the highest max HP of non-tank specs in the game (200-250k shields we're constantly renewing is still not bad at all considering the other options in the tier + we're gaining an extra 10% hp next patch) and you were kinda delusional if you didn't see it coming.

@Zarach: You want a stable class? You might as well reroll, Warlocks have been a rollercoaster class since the dawn of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello.

I am Warlock, the Mage who evolved and the classic siege casters of lore.

Someone remind GC of the billions of changes we have had since 2006, and the fact that some of us are sick and tired of having to relearn our class every 6 months.

This buff/nerf cycle is finally tipping me over the edge... the edge to fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Soul Leech nerf was DEFINITELY overdue - 30% of our HP is still a lot considering we have the highest max HP of non-tank specs in the game (200-250k shields we're constantly renewing is still not bad at all considering the other options in the tier + we're gaining an extra 10% hp next patch) and you were kinda delusional if you didn't see it coming.

@Zarach: You want a stable class? You might as well reroll, Warlocks have been a rollercoaster class since the dawn of time.
    Were you saw the extra 10% HP, We already get 10% HP from felarmor, unless we get 20% we aren't gaining jack shit

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Hello.

I am Warlock, the Mage who evolved and the classic siege casters of lore.

Someone remind GC of the billions of changes we have had since 2006, and the fact that some of us are sick and tired of having to relearn our class every 6 months.

This buff/nerf cycle is finally tipping me over the edge... the edge to fuck off.
    Makes it more fun relearning it :P

I may be wrong, but it's looking like Breath of Gul'dan does damage and leaves a DoT. At least it looks that way on the tool tip.

Really hated trying to worm my way into melee all last expac.