10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    i think the real question is, with the changes to soul link and harvest life, will it be possible for locks to finally be able to tank!!

its an obscene amount of healing we'll be able to get with harvest life and the drain life glyph, i was getting 56k healing every 0,8 secs and with soulburn i got 86k healing every 0,8 sec that would end up being around 70k hps normally and 107,5k hps with soulburn. ofc i was using GoSac with 788k hp on the ptr.
    While the healing is pretty insane, probably a bit too insane, DA still lacks a real taunt and crit immunity, which means you'll only be able to tank fights where you don't need to swap tanks and where a single crit wont kill you.

i think the real question is, with the changes to soul link and harvest life, will it be possible for locks to finally be able to tank!!

its an obscene amount of healing we'll be able to get with harvest life and the drain life glyph, i was getting 56k healing every 0,8 secs and with soulburn i got 86k healing every 0,8 sec that would end up being around 70k hps normally and 107,5k hps with soulburn. ofc i was using GoSac with 788k hp on the ptr.
    lock tank self healing was never the major problem, the real problem is we can get Crit hit ( 1-2 shot) , cant taunt bosses, and dont get vengance like other tanks ( = other tanks would do alot more dmg)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    While the healing is pretty insane, probably a bit too insane, DA still lacks a real taunt and crit immunity, which means you'll only be able to tank fights where you don't need to swap tanks and where a single crit wont kill you.
    Not to mention, losing DA's primary way to get AOE Threat without using Fury actually hurts the 'Warlock Tanking' movement quite a bit
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Deleted
    yeah i can see tank swapping would be a problem as well as crit immunity but anything that doesnt 1 shot you wont be, but yeah, i get your point.

Before this most recent patch I tanked with DA the first boss in LFR SoO for like 5 minutes with no real difficulty.

Deleted
    They should do something about AD not reseting after a wipe, it will be really awful during progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    They should do something about AD not reseting after a wipe, it will be really awful during progression.
    Ugh, not this again. All cds should reset on a full wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Try changing talents. I think I remember changing talents while DS was on 1 charge and it having a 20sec CD after untalenting AD.

It really should reset though. It's effectively a 4 min CD.

Yeah, I'm fairly certain Clemency with HoPs for paladins (5 min CD each) didn't reset after wipes either. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Since we're kind of talking about survivability here, how could blizz compensate for taking away 10% DR from fel armor? Mainly talking PvP here, since the 10% health and 10% healing increased from fel armor will still put us ahead of the curve in PvE, especially with no battle fatigue to worry about. But since our 10% healing taken is reduced by virtue of heals being less effective, and our entire first tier of talents is reduced by battle fatigue, how will we not get blown up in PvP? Are they counting on the other fel armor effects to be equal to a 60% armor increase for spriests and boomkins? We are a cloth class after all, and we're meant to be tankier. Hell, it's the reason we didn't get the mobility of mages nor the off healing of priests. I understand they don't want balance issues in PvE, but they have to seriously make us more tanky if they don't want to give us DR. Make it 15% max health and healing taken from fel armor or at least give us glyph of siphon life baseline.
    Self heals do benefit from PvP power now to offset some of that battle fatigue loss. No idea if that applies to Drain Life or Soul Siphon, but it does Dark Regeneration.

So with Haunt hitting so hard atm, should we never SB:SS and manually apply dots so we can save all shards for Haunt?

Deleted
    ofc you should still use SB:SS, you should just keep it at a minimum, if your main target has no dots on it, then yes you should use it and afterwards you just refresh through hardcasting when you need to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    So with Haunt hitting so hard atm, should we never SB:SS and manually apply dots so we can save all shards for Haunt?
    It's still good at the pull and at the end of powerful procs, but it should be far less yeah.

Question: 4set affliction gives a chance to refund a shard when haunt ends. Does your haunt debuff actually have to fall off for this, making it useless when haunts are chained?

Deleted
    well i seem to be able to get a shard back even when i cast haunt while there is still time on the debuff, but it might just be me hallucinating.

Deleted
    Confirmed, 4set somehow checks to proc 8s after a Haunt hits, regardless of Haunt debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifonology View Post
    It should be %214, like non-legendary meta gem with %3 increase was %203.
    It was actually 206%; the 3% was multiplicative with the 200% of normal damage, equating to 206%. I believe the 14% crit damage amplification will be multiplicative as well, meaning 228%, 235% with old meta, and elemental shamans with a 50% bonus will have 342%, 352% with old meta.

Deleted
    I think haunt should get back the healing portion it had back in cata

Not necessary if we keep the healing we are getting. SB: DL + Glyph of DL + Harvest Life is already insane. I think at this point, we should be expecting nerfs not buffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Not necessary if we keep the healing we are getting. SB: DL + Glyph of DL + Harvest Life is already insane. I think at this point, we should be expecting nerfs not buffs.
    HL is allready a dps loss in pve and it still wont be op in pvp, hoping for no nerfs here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemex View Post
    It was actually 206%; the 3% was multiplicative with the 200% of normal damage, equating to 206%. I believe the 14% crit damage amplification will be multiplicative as well, meaning 228%, 235% with old meta, and elemental shamans with a 50% bonus will have 342%, 352% with old meta.
    Tested and confirmed to be 214%.

Assuming 30% crit, which I think is reasonable for next tier Aff/Demo, that means the critical damage amplification part of the trinket is worth ~3,1% extra dps. For reference, simulating my current gear (548), the haste+mastery part is worth ~7,2% extra dps.

I can't simulate the proc on the Bindings properly, but for some more reference: Wushoolay's is currently worth 15% to me, of which 10,5% comes from the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    I think haunt should get back the healing portion it had back in cata
    would love this