Deleted
    Haunt - Seen coming

Sac - They want us to use pets, no biggie

Pvp bonus - Seen that getting reverted with the buffs to dots

Gateway - We already knew about this

Deleted
    Also, the tier sets have gotten their stats (only now if I'm not mistaken).

For affliction, I can see going with 2 piece only, gloves and head, both have haste + mastery. For off pieces,
    shoulders: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103808-sp...korkron-fealty,
    chest: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103802-ro...tendered-heart and
    legs: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103921-le...-furious-flame

Also, there are bracers, feet and waist without crit, hurray! That means the only mandatory crit on gear will be on weapon and cloak

So green fel/dreadsteed and green DA wings, but no DR/armor outside of Soul Link? Pets getting globaled? Destro in ruins? Demo being carried by a trinket? Cool story, bro. As long as we have shiny distractions, it's all good I guess. Gotta cater to all those warlock alt players out there >_____>
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Also, the tier sets have gotten their stats (only now if I'm not mistaken).

For affliction, I can see going with 2 piece only, gloves and head, both have haste + mastery. For off pieces,
    shoulders: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103808-sp...korkron-fealty,
    chest: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103802-ro...tendered-heart and
    legs: http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103921-le...-furious-flame

Also, there are bracers, feet and waist without crit, hurray! That means the only mandatory crit on gear will be on weapon and cloak
    Yeah the 4 pc for demo doesn't work unless you have charges for HoG or CW. Sounded like a great bonus actually but since we have yet to figure out if it is bugged or not, I guess we shouldn't go for it atm.

So with the nerf to Sac and the Haunt change this basically destroys the "wait for int procs and spam haunt" play style of Aff doesn't it? I guess its back to the way it is on live with using most of the shards on SS.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am not even mad about seeing these nerfs because of the fel mounts and green wings

ok i take that back i am just not mad in general because i already use a pet as affliction so they're just making sac look like even less of a choice (honestly at this point would like to see it removed with a new talent because there is no choice with it and the idiot ghost crawler stated he doesn't want us taking it (hypocrite)). never got to play with the spam haunt playstyle so i guess i'll live on..

in other news, green wings. green. wings. g.r.e.e.n..w.i.n.g.s. going to afk in shrine in a green set with wings looking like such a bamf people not even going to know wtf to do look the other way ladies, this cat is just too evil to handle

Since they have stated so many times that lock IS a pet class I really wonder why the do still have GoSac in our choices. I agree with their opinion (roll a Mage if you don't like pets) they have to be consistent. Enough of the BS with this talent.
    Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

that 4 piece pvp bonus is ungodly bad
    Cabana Pie Chart Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    So affliction will use GoSup instead of GoSac?
    Bad thing that personal 30% HP cd is likely to be gone

P.S.: What pet benefits mostly of haste?
    Observer or Imp?
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-07-27 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    Haunt change is a good balance fix pvp wise

What will be the best pvp spec for 5.4? I am leveling up right now and I want to get it all down pat.
    affly

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    Since they have stated so many times that lock IS a pet class I really wonder why the do still have GoSac in our choices. I agree with their opinion (roll a Mage if you don't like pets) they have to be consistent. Enough of the BS with this talent.
    And for the hundreds time, lore wise we dont care about pets, we care about power. Pets give us power? Bring em. Sacrifing our minions bring us more power? Even better.
    If you want to cuddle with your pet, roll a hunter.

They should just remove sac at this point as much as I personally enjoy it, haunt change for pvp is a good thing at this point if it went live we'd just end up getting a hotfix.

Pvp set bonus SO bad.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-07-27 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    They should just remove sac at this point as much as I enjoy it personally, haunt change for pvp is a good thing at this point if it went live we'd just end up getting a hotfix.
    at this point, i would love to see a redesigned sac because GC said he does not want is taking this talent unless we just can't stand our pet anymore. very poor design because the talent trees are supposed to offer equal choices and if the devs purposely do not want this talent to be used, then why have it at all?

Deleted
    quite amusing considering the mage frost spec IS based on a pet ?

btw is it me or do we have a new series of nerf from the last ptr?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    What will be the best pvp spec for 5.4? I am leveling up right now and I want to get it all down pat.
    Affliction for sure.

And yet we had the ability to go petless longer than we didn't have it. And in light of this GC saying that Warlocks that didn't roll in MoP should expect a pet is pure bullshit. I rolled Warlock in TBC. I had the ability to get rid of my demon then and I want to retain that ability now and in the future. Blizzard making GoSac worse than other choices on purpose goes against history of the class and their talent design offering equal (at least in theory) choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Curious to see how exactly the new Haunt works. Obviously it won't affect Haunt itself anymore, but what about MG/DS ticks? They have been counted as a dot so far. And what about the extra dot ticks that come with it?

Either way, it will be less important to chain Haunts now and more important to have close to 100% uptime on the debuff. So the only time we would unload some Haunts for procs is when it's a very good intellect proc and we have 3/4 shards.

Well, that was fun waking up to. 20 seconds off a 3 minute cooldown is going to help us oh so much. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have internet atm, but are the changes to Imp Swarm and Demonic Calling an indicator that these no longer scale with Haste?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blastit View Post
    Probably affliction but destruction will likely do fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cabana View Post
    that 4 piece pvp bonus is ungodly bad
    It's not too amazing for destro and demonology, but it's very nice for affliction, especially for 5.4 when DoT's are being buffed.

Yes, but at the same time we are a class that also sacrifices stuff (health, souls, etc) for more power and damage. There even used to be a time where we had to sacrifice a party member to summon a doomguard.

Having GoSac makes sense, it could have been implemented better though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I don't have internet atm, but are the changes to Imp Swarm and Demonic Calling an indicator that these no longer scale with Haste?
    Don't think so, just seems like a fix to prevent the glyph from becoming completely mandatory due the high amounts of haste we'll get in 5.4.