Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    It's not too amazing for destro and demonology, but it's very nice for affliction, especially for 5.4 when DoT's are being buffed.
    I don't think you've seen the recent change yet, they've reverted the increased dot damage and gave us 20 sec less CD on unending resolve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rables View Post
    I don't think you've seen the recent change yet, they've reverted the increased dot damage and gave us 20 sec less CD on unending resolve.
    I've completely missed that, forget what I said above It's the old set bonus back and with the dot buffs and survivability nerfs so it's not too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    wouldn't 20 seconds off UR be not too bad with the glyph? makes it a 1:40 cd for 20% reduction and spell lock prevention. just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    I've completely missed that, forget what I said above It's the old set bonus back and with the dot buffs and survivability nerfs so it's not too bad.
    Except now the dot buffs don't mean as much in pvp.

It seems the glyph of Unending Resolve is being redesigned:

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=148683
    Glyph of Eternal Resolve
    Unending Resolve can no longer be activated, but passively provides 10% damage reduction from all sources.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-07-27 at 12:48 PM.

Deleted
    Patch notes:
    Agony +5%
    Unstable Affliction +10%.
    Malefic Grasp now deals 40% less damage, and causes all of the Warlock's other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage (down from 50%).
    Haunt now deals 50% more damage, and increases damage done by all of the Warlock's other spells against the target by 45%.

PVP change: -10% agony, corruption, unstable affliction.

Am I interpreting this wrong or will affliction actually get a nerf (-5% agony, -10% corruption) unless we get a haunt up?

Also
    Grimoire of Sacrifice (Affliction) now increases the power of many of your single target spells by 20%, down from 30%....
    Just remove the talent already if you (devs) want warlocks to have pets.. sacrifise has only gotten nerfs for all the specializations so far..
    (but you know... they don't want to push people into one talent either.. that's surely not what they're doing)
    Last edited by mmoc8ea25e0818; 2013-07-27 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It seems the glyph of Unending Resolve is being redesigned:
    i didn't see that change hmm.. :<

Where did you find the glyph change? I don't see it on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Where did you find the glyph change? I don't see it on the front page.
    It's not on the front page, Wowhead datamined the raw spell: http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=148683

Right. So in order to get our passive damage reduction back, we have to sacrifice our interrupt-prevention. Great. I suppose it was too hard just to give us the armor bonus like priests and boomkins got.

Wow, I'm conflicted on that ... just from a raiding perspective I guess I'll have to go on a fight-by-fight basis, but, really ... I imagine I'll be keeping UR glyphed and switch between Soul Link and Sacrificial Pact ... ?

Gah it's killing me waiting to see how the imp swarm change plays out, and what our trinket choices will be ... either I'll be grudgingly giving up siphon life glyph, or wondering what I'll replace imp swarm/everlasting affliction with besides UR ...

Well, assuming Demo stays strong. But maybe I'll never replace my lfr UVLS and it won't matter.

Argh ... this tier really does just have to start within a couple weeks of when I start grad school, doesn't it. Blurgh.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Regarding the nerf to GoSac, I'm inclined to believe it will work out similar to the nerfs in 5.2. Everyone cried out that the talent was useless,.but as soon as you started getting heroic pieces, sac began to pull ahead again, single target wise.

I believe it's just a preventative scaling nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Right. So in order to get our passive damage reduction back, we have to sacrifice our interrupt-prevention. Great. I suppose it was too hard just to give us the armor bonus like priests and boomkins got.
    And doesnt make sence the change to the PVP armor with this gliph

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Regarding the nerf to GoSac, I'm inclined to believe it will work out similar to the nerfs in 5.2. Everyone cried out that the talent was useless,.but as soon as you started getting heroic pieces, sac began to pull ahead again, single target wise.

I believe it's just a preventative scaling nerf.
    It likely has to due with the increased damage now coming from Haunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    And doesnt make sence the change to the PVP armor with this gliph
    Yeah, that too. The 4set will be completely superfluous (sp?) if you take the glyph.

Deleted
    was on the ptr, testing out the new legendary cloak. it does about 3,3% of my dmg on a boss dummy with just flasks, food buff and dark intent. the proc can stack, so if you're afflic you could potentially get 3 procs while you channel it, so you would get 3 stacks that you can release when you cast a spell and the dot from it stacks as well, and from the looks of it it as 3 rppm and scales with SP.

its surprisingly easy to get, provided they dont add extra quests to it. all you'd need to do is collect 1000 timeless coins which doesnt take too long since all mobs on the timeless isle drops them altho the mobs there are quite strong, 2-4 million hp and then you'd need to defeat the 4 august celestials in battle after which you go to the seat of knowledge and get your cloak. its certainly possible for raiding guilds to get their legendary cloaks by the time they starat in SoO.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-07-27 at 02:40 PM.

I seemed to have difficulty staying in meta for 20 seconds on the pull in the latest PTR builds. Also the nerf to both Imps and Dark Soul is pretty significant for demo. And the GoSac nerf to affliction is also a vary big deal.

Deleted
    the GoSac nerf is most likely just a pre-emptive scaling nerf. it was like this in 5.2 as well, altho i could swear it was nerfed to 25% back then but meh. also it dark soul for demo hasnt been nerfed, it was put in line with the other versions and prolly to prevent future scaling issues coz why should demo's dark soul be able to double dib with the amp trink when the other specs cant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets buff afflictions dots and move its dmg away from mg, oh and then we'll nerf gosac and nerf haunt so now the only time anyone uses affliction is for burst aoe every 1 minute. Woooo. Blizzard is so retarded sometimes.

I wish blizz would leave aff locks alone ffs. They are being nerfed so much i have lost interest in them. Time to dust off my bm hunter, they at least are getting some love finally