10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post

I have to say this thread in general is quite pathethic. people constantly whining when in fact locks are gonna be in a good spot next tier (at least for PvE, I gave up PvP first month of MoP and I play many classes so could've gone with "fotm"). I encourage people to go have a look at the "Shadow Word: Revolution!" thread. it might give you something to think about.
    I agree.. Warlock is in a good spot, and have been this whole expansion (for pve) and atleast 1 or 2 of the specc is gonna be probably top 5 dmg wise when patch 5.4 launches. But i dont think that ppl rage just because lock aint good enough. You got PVP issues, trinket changes, Legendary meta for destro, dots depending to much around MG (or was, as there have been changes for 5.4 ), Destro scaling is bad, they cant just keep buffing incinerate and conflagrate , they doing insane amount of damage already, chaosbolt nerf 25% (pvp), chaosbolt DOT. No replacement for ROF so far. Destruction is a really popular specc, and blizz just ignoring the specc completly. But we are still in PTR, changes might come, but i dont have any bigs hopes for it though. But i do agree with you. Did Read Shadow Word: Revolution. A very good post idd.

Deleted
    new build is being implemented soon on the ptr. seems afflic is getting a 10% dmg buff across the board and immolate gets a 10% dmg increase as well. i must say that im a bit surprised that they buffed afflic, ofc its early in the number parse so a lot of things will change but its a surprising start to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    new build is being implemented soon on the ptr. seems afflic is getting a 10% dmg buff across the board and immolate gets a 10% dmg increase as well. i must say that im a bit surprised that they buffed afflic, ofc its early in the number parse so a lot of things will change but its a surprising start to say the least.
    Hell maybe we will get the mage treatment. GC tweets mage and locks dps is too high. First tuning patch shows a buff to locks. I'm liking it so far at least.

Deleted
    Affliction single target had already been nerfed through Sac.

Affliction buffed and fire nerfed. i Hope this is the spot they want every spec to be , they continu to buff destruction to reach this level and that they're done with affliction tunning ( because the spec feels really good right now in every kind of situation ).

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF do I see buffs for affliction locks or am I dreaming?!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Affliction single target had already been nerfed through Sac.
    well, the only encounters where Sac is a dps gain is like jin'rohk, iron qon and maybe twins(altho i prefer using imp for fast sleep removal) the rest Sac is a straight up dps loss and even then its very close to GoSup, so sac might have been nerfed, GoSup havent and will do close to the same dps as Sac now, so you cant really say that single target dps has been nerfed through Sac.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's roughly 10% buff to our dots (except doom). Still waiting on destruction buffs but I have hope!

Newest PTR Build...Look like some small dmg increases...

Warlock (Forums, Talent Calculator)

•Agony Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing up to [ 3,480 + 27.3% [ 3,840 + 30% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 24 sec. This damage is dealt slowly at first and builds up each time it deals damage. 100 yd range. Instant.
    •Corruption (Affliction, Destruction) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Corruption (Demonology) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Corruption (Affliction, Destruction) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Corruption (Demonology) Corrupts the target, causing [ 1,440 + 15% [ 1,584 + 16.5% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 18 sec.
    •Unstable Affliction Shadow energy slowly destroys the target, causing [ 1,974 + 26.4% [ 2,170 + 29% of Spell Power ] damage over 14 sec. If the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause [ 2,256 + 211.2% [ 2,480 + 232% of Spell Power ] damage to the dispeller and silence them for 4 sec. This damage always critically strikes. 100 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Affliction

•Agony Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing up to [ 3,480 + 27.3% [ 3,840 + 30% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 24 sec. This damage is dealt slowly at first and builds up each time it deals damage. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.
    •Drain Soul Drains the soul of the target, causing [ 250 + 23.4% [ 275 + 25.7% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage every 2 sec and energizing one Soul Shard after it deals damage twice. If the target dies and yields experience or honor, three Soul Shards are energized. Lasts 12 sec. If the target is at or below 20% health when Drain Soul deals damage, it deals 100% additional damage and causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 60% of their normal periodic damage. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1.5% of Base Mana, plus 1.5% per sec. 40 yd range. Instant (Channeled).
    •Malefic Grasp Binds the target in twilight, causing [ 512 + 12% [ 564 + 13.2% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 4 sec. Every 1 sec, when Malefic Grasp deals damage, it causes all of your other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1.5% of Base Mana, plus 1.5% per sec. 40 yd range. Instant (Channeled).
    •Nightfall Your most recently applied Corruption has a 7% 10% chance when it deals damage to cause you to regain a Soul Shard. Warlock - Affliction Spec.
    •Unstable Affliction Shadow energy slowly destroys the target, causing [ 1,974 + 26.4% [ 2,170 + 29% of Spell Power ] damage over 14 sec. If the Unstable Affliction is dispelled it will cause [ 2,256 + 211.2% [ 2,480 + 232% of Spell Power ] damage to the dispeller and silence them for 4 sec. This damage always critically strikes. Warlock - Affliction Spec. 1.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Destruction

•Immolate (Affliction, Demonology) Burns the enemy for [ 456 + 42.7% [ 502 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and then an additional [ 2,280 + 42.7% [ 2,510 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 15 sec.
    •Immolate (Destruction) Burns the enemy for [ 456 + 42.7% [ 502 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage and then an additional [ 2,280 + 42.7% [ 2,510 + 47% of Spell Power ] Fire damage over 15 sec.

Deleted
    Wow that's 10% to all dots and MG/DS for affliction right? So the only things that are not buffed are Haunt and Fel Flame, making it roughly a 7-8% buff single target overall?

Can anyone with some knowledge about mages tell if the combustion nerf is small or big?

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Wow that's 10% to all dots and MG/DS for affliction right? So the only things that are not buffed are Haunt and Fel Flame, making it roughly a 7-8% buff single target overall?
    Yeah, I am obv a fan of this. Hopefully these stick through the numbers pass.

they are buffing most of the dps specs in the game. let's bloat those numbers even more. nothing to get excited about really. I just feel even more bad for spriests atm.

Very nice to see a 10% buff to all the dots across the board (except Doom). Lets hope they do a bit more for Destro/Demo so they aren't dead compared to Aff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post

Can anyone with some knowledge about mages tell if the combustion nerf is small or big?
    About a 5% nerf on single target I think, much bigger nerf on cleave fights.

Deleted
    "Item - Warlock PvP Set 4P Bonus: Your allies can use your Demonic Gateway again 15 sec sooner."
    Damn this devs suck balls- gateway should be gone from pvp, and now pve gets the unintentional hit.

fuck this

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-co...am-so-done.jpg

Deleted
    I hope this is only a first pass on Destro before a much bigger buff, this is laughable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well, the only encounters where Sac is a dps gain is like jin'rohk, iron qon and maybe twins(altho i prefer using imp for fast sleep removal) the rest Sac is a straight up dps loss and even then its very close to GoSup, so sac might have been nerfed, GoSup havent and will do close to the same dps as Sac now, so you cant really say that single target dps has been nerfed through Sac.
    Sup isnt close to sac on single target dps, in my gear the dps difference is like 10k. So if after the nerf to sac, they are roughly the same, then affliction was nerfed through sac and anyway, in ToT, theres more fights than that where you use sac, megaera, ji-kun, durumu, lei-shen and ra-den, if you choose to do them as affliction. Even on tortos you should use Sac if you can ignore the turtles, which for example I can with my group's gear, the only thing I need to do is slow them.

Deleted
    Don't forget the value of Sac vs Sup will change a lot due to damage being shifted to dots/haunt. Especially with the latest buffs, it looks like Sup would be stronger anyway due to MG/DS being a much lower part of our damage.

In the end we really need simulations to see where we will end up, as well as to compare the grimoires.

Deleted
    Although having the damage shift from mg/ds to the dots is beneficial for sup over sac, the buff on haunt does the opposite. But it's like you said, only simulating will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh? Affliction buffs? That's the last spec I expected to get buffs in the game, except Fire Mages. Strange.

Still no Destro buffs though, hoping there will be some last minute magic. No idea what's keeping the buffs away at the moment. =/