Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    [..]It doesn´t matter how much they buff destros spells if they don´t fix the scaling with haste/crit/mastery since it will lag behind with increasing ilvl. [..].
    I agree that the fundamental bias of the spec is the scaling being worse than the other two. --Althought it does not answer to rof nerf and dps loss, short term concern--
    Why not put a passive talent which let us regen emberbit in combat based on haste ? the more haste you have, the more regen you have, it could be used to compensate the rof nerf too?
    --not that difficult to balance, interesting to TC and in this case, meta and things related to haste which is the downside of the spec bring some interesting buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    I agree that the fundamental bias of the spec is the scaling being worse than the other two. --Althought it does not answer to rof nerf and dps loss, short term concern--
    Why not put a passive talent which let us regen emberbit in combat based on haste ? the more haste you have, the more regen you have, it could be used to compensate the rof nerf too?
    --not that difficult to balance, interesting to TC and in this case, meta and things related to haste which is the downside of the spec bring some interesting buff
    Instead of a passiv "you don´t even need to do anything" spell they could just increase incinerates casttime and increase their ember generation even more. --> higher haste scaling. That way they´d also make the AoE rotation more fluid on less then 5 targets.
    And for crit scaling: higher the crit damage bonus or let chaosbolt benefit more from it.
    mastery: quite obvious

immolate's tick or incinerate have a chance to gain a free-crit conflagrate (without backdraft) maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    Instead of a passiv "you don´t even need to do anything" spell they could just increase incinerates casttime and increase their ember generation even more. --> higher haste scaling. That way they´d also make the AoE rotation more fluid on less then 5 targets.
    And for crit scaling: higher the crit damage bonus or let chaosbolt benefit more from it.
    mastery: quite obvious
    yes, but now is very boring... need maybe a proc to make a little fun destro rotation.

A proc is also very good for PVP perspective

Deleted
    Just have backdraft change the bonus haste into bonus crit... Or into bonus crit strike damage.
    And have conflag's cooldown reduced by haste.

That would instantaneously make haste of higher value, solve our GCD capping and make our meta gem actually worth using.

This makes for higher uptime on backdraft the more haste you get, more embers generated through more incinerate crits.

Would be more than half way to fixing the stat lopsidedness.

Simply buffing spell coefficients would increase the value of intellect (perhaps mastery even more) and crit/haste would continue to lag behind the more gear you would get.

(Still doesn't fix Destruction's AoE, but perhaps simply buff Rain of Fire by 100% dmg, keep ember regen the same and increase FnB's damage modifier so it can't be spammed, but hits pretty hard)
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2013-08-28 at 03:05 PM.

Deleted
    Something to make Shadowburn // Chaos Bolt insta cast with no ember cost...

Something to gain CD reset on Conflagrate...

Chaos Bolt and Shadowburn affected by mastery ---> more powerful

Don´t know

Deleted
    ? They already benefit from mastery, three times more than our other spells. That's the point of stacking mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Mkgego View Post
    Something to make Shadowburn // Chaos Bolt insta cast with no ember cost...

Something to gain CD reset on Conflagrate...

Don´t know

chaos bolt and shadowburn already benefit from mastery (emberstorm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    breaking news: destro is a shit spec, get over it, can we talk about anything other than destro being shit? jesus this thread has degraded into the biggest whinefest in 2013.... whining incessantly about it here isnt going to get it changed. Your best shot is to give GC what he wants, and thats logs from PTR tests.... so go do fucking PTR tests and show him.
    While your advice to go do PTR tests so Blizz has data is good, your backseat moderating about this thread's topics is not.

If people want to discuss the 5.4 changes about Destro then they are perfectly within their rigths to do so. If all this Destro talk is getting to you I suggest you ignore those posts alltogether and concentrate on the posts that do interest you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    While your advice to go do PTR tests so Blizz has data is good, your backseat moderating about this thread's topics is not.

If people want to discuss the 5.4 changes about Destro then they are perfectly within their rigths to do so. If all this Destro talk is getting to you I suggest you ignore those posts alltogether and concentrate on the posts that do interest you.
    Well his point was that the posts that are not destro QQ are 1 every 3 pages. Ain't no one got time to browse that much. What exactly is the downside of having all these destruction suggestions/speculations/complaints in a different thread from the 5.4 changes?

OT: destruction is still very strong on Immerseus, Galakras and very importantly Garrosh. ''But our single target is so bad!'' Why do you care, there are 2 fights in the whole tier that are close to single target...

Has anyone been testing affliction pvp on PTR? From the little bit I have seen on some streams, the damage is way over the top, and pressure every minute with dark soul is getting crazy cd's.

Would love some feedback, as I would like to get a team lined up with my buddies, who all have various alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    Has anyone been testing affliction pvp on PTR? From the little bit I have seen on some streams, the damage is way over the top, and pressure every minute with dark soul is getting crazy cd's.

Would love some feedback, as I would like to get a team lined up with my buddies, who all have various alts.
    Don't forget it's not every minute. You still have a 2m cooldown, you just get 1 extra DS somewhere. So you can only get one every minute for the first 3 minutes, after that you will have to wait 2 minutes like usual.

Even so the new Soul Swap looks amazing to me in PvP, but I am not into it at all, so don't take my opinion too seriously

Deleted
    If we're going to have a separate destruction thread, then we should also have a separate pvp thread, because a) those posts do not concern me whatsoever, and b) for those it does concern, their posts get swallowed up in the sea of pve discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    If we're going to have a separate destruction thread, then we should also have a separate pvp thread, because a) those posts do not concern me whatsoever, and b) for those it does concern, their posts get swallowed up in the sea of pve discussion.
    True enough, I don't see why the whole forum has to be stashed in this one thread in the first place I mean basically all the other threads that are not stickies are trash, because anything interesting belongs to 5.4 discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    True enough, I don't see why the whole forum has to be stashed in this one thread in the first place I mean basically all the other threads that are not stickies are trash, because anything interesting belongs to 5.4 discussion.
    There should be 3 threads next time as the 3 specs are totaly diferent.

90% of this thread is about destro, some ppl want to discuss demo and/or aff but it gets lost becuase after that there is 5 replies about destro..destro..destro... and then it gets buried.

Deleted
    In all fairness, it's only been the past 10 or 20 or whatever pages that have been primarily about destro. The rest of the thread had a healthy balance.

In any case, the main reason is that affliction and demonology are looking decent enough going into the next patch. Affliction is doing great actually, and will continue to grab haste/mastery, so what more is there to discuss?

Demonology is also doing okish, we just need a bit more testing to really determine how much of a benefit going crit demo is, or if we can wing it with a haste/mastery setup and perhaps only reforge into crit (as opposed to stacking crit gems and grabbing crit heavy gear).

Destruction however, is in a complete state of meltdown, and with patch so close, people are obviously a bit on edge wondering if the spec will be viable, what sort of stats it will want, etc etc. If you want to talk about affliction/demo go ahead, but don't complain that the posts being made bore you when you don't have anything to add yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Don't forget it's not every minute. You still have a 2m cooldown, you just get 1 extra DS somewhere. So you can only get one every minute for the first 3 minutes, after that you will have to wait 2 minutes like usual.

Even so the new Soul Swap looks amazing to me in PvP, but I am not into it at all, so don't take my opinion too seriously
    Is this correct? I think if you manage it you can use it every 1 minute (with your pvp trinket).

0 - DS1
    1min - DS2. DS1 has already recharged for 1 minute.
    2min - DS1. DS2 has already recharged for 1 minute
    3min - DS2. etc.

Am I mistaken?

Regarding soul swap, am I correct it no longer has a cd? I can SB:SS my first target, and then normal SS all other targets with my dark soul dots? It also copies their power and duration, so I could make sure I am copying max duration DS dots (make sure i refresh them using pandemic to long durations) and then move them to eveyrthing. That has interesting potential.

Deleted
    The charges don't recharge at the same time, ever used Conflagrate or Hand of Gul'dan ?

Just curious, How far behind is Destro falling? I haven't had a chance to mess around on the ptr at all. I am so so with demo and would love to run Affl / Destro specs.

We got the Rof ember gen nerf, IIRC there was a 10% immolate buff, but destro was already scaling more poorly than the other two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    The charges don't recharge at the same time, ever used Conflagrate or Hand of Gul'dan ?
    I have barely played anything other than affliction....

I guess AD isnt as good as I thought. Still though, being able to use it out the gates and at the 1 minute mark is pretty strong.

Still no pvp'ers trying affliction?

I have been playing around on the PTR. After trying every spec, I conclude that Affliction for now is the top dps with demo closely behind. I found that destruction was 60k or more behind the two on single target with the mastery/haste build, I also tried a crit/mastery build and it was no better. Feels as if demonology's burst has been nerfed and stabilized, though the 4 set bonus on tier 16 isn't that great for demo it helps sustain dps. I will be raiding as demo although it is not the highest damage/dps at the moment. I believe there is something that can be done with destruction because there are many options. An example would be to make conflagrate always crit, this allows the 2 set to greatly increase destuction's dps.