10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    idd, with the stats we have, it should be very easy to keep the uptime extremely high on the t16 2pc setbonus, wont even need that much crit but that is also assuming that it can proc from the UA bonus ticks from MG and even then around 23% crit should in theory be enough to keep the uptime on emp MG in the 90s%.
    the "bonus" ticks do proc it, as they are literally just weaker hitting UA ticks according to the ingame log.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    the "bonus" ticks do proc it, as they are literally just weaker hitting UA ticks according to the ingame log.
    Is that accurate? If you look to an affliction parse on WoL, it clearly distinguishes between the dot ticks and the extra ticks from mg/ds. I'm not contesting that the extra ticks proc the 2 piece since I didn't test it, just wondering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Is that accurate? If you look to an affliction parse on WoL, it clearly distinguishes between the dot ticks and the extra ticks from mg/ds. I'm not contesting that the extra ticks proc the 2 piece since I didn't test it, just wondering.
    the logs are able to seperate them based on timings, dmg amounts, etc, but the game does qualify them as UA ticks, much like other items/set bonuses' we've had so far that use those extra dot ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    You're vastly overestimating how much crit you actually need to have basically 95% uptime on Aff 2P.
    I'm not overestimating anything. Prior to obtaining 5.4 trinkets and particularly with the ilvls he mentioned, UVLS is the clear winner in his circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Thx for math to back up the fact UVLS is garbage for Affliction in 5.4
    That's misleading. His math argued that you don't require UVLS or a high crit build in order to have high uptime of the 2 set. It does not prove that UVLS is garbage. I'm not suggesting that you'll use it instead of 5.4 trinkets (you won't), but when you first go in there with ToT trinkets, it is not a bad trinket by any stretch.

Point is that the 2pc effect on UVLS' value is mostly negligible

Also, to "help" people decide wich spec to play, I always suggest "pick the spec you're the most comfortable with, unless you are familiar with all three".

When a new raid comes out, you have to deal with unknown encounter's mechanics WHILE dealing max DPS. Most people can only do only one of them, so if you're not top level you should try to maximize both. And the easiest way is to play your most experienced spec.

Progression raiding is NOT a good place to learn new class mechanics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Also, to "help" people decide wich spec to play, I always suggest "pick the spec you're the most comfortable with, unless you are familiar with all three".

When a new raid comes out, you have to deal with unknown encounter's mechanics WHILE dealing max DPS. Most people can only do only one of them, so if you're not top level you should try to maximize both. And the easiest way is to play your most experienced spec.

Progression raiding is NOT a good place to learn new class mechanics
    Yeah I think that's good advice, but in some cases it's just wasted time getting comfortable with a spec. For example, if you are a new warlock now then you would benefit way more if you practice Aff/Demo and play that in 5.4 than Destruction. For most classes I believe the difference between DPS specs is even bigger. Also 5.4 Affliction has major differences from 5.3 Affliction, so to some extent we will all have to re-learn. Of course if you are very comfortable with playing warlock and raiding in general that's not as big a deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    I'm not overestimating anything. Prior to obtaining 5.4 trinkets and particularly with the ilvls he mentioned, UVLS is the clear winner in his circumstance.

That's misleading. His math argued that you don't require UVLS or a high crit build in order to have high uptime of the 2 set. It does not prove that UVLS is garbage. I'm not suggesting that you'll use it instead of 5.4 trinkets (you won't), but when you first go in there with ToT trinkets, it is not a bad trinket by any stretch.
    So which trinkets would you run with at launch as Affliction, if you had the OPs options: HTF Breath, H UVLS, NTF Wushoolay, N Cha-ye. Assuming you don't have T16 2set, which ofc you won't at launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    So which trinkets would you run with at launch as Affliction, if you had the OPs options: HTF Breath, H UVLS, NTF Wushoolay, N Cha-ye. Assuming you don't have T16 2set, which ofc you won't at launch.
    with this options i'd definetely wear htf breath and ntf wusho with 2/2 upgrade (assuming you mean nonheroic thunderforged)

I seriously think you are overestimating it. At launch of 5.4, in raid I will have 23% crit - which is going to be more than enough to maintain a very healthy uptime on the 2P without using UVLS (as the math would already suggest).

Given any other option of trinkets comparable (ie: any other 5.3 trinket or even 5.4 normal/wf trinket) to UVLS I would use them without a doubt. It's not really a misleading argument since you will already try to get the lowest crit possible just because of its value to Affliction is already lowest of the low and with the lowest crit I could possibly obtain it will still be enough crit to sustain a high uptime on the trinket without "guaranteed" critting dots.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Given what he's already said about UVLS I would say he would happily run HTF Breath and H UVLS.
    As far as what he should run? I would wager to say HTF Breath and NTF Wushoolay. H UVLS might edge out Wushoolay's because it's got a huge ilvl disparity and the raw intellect would likely put it over top of Wushoolay's.

Only trinkets I have are HTF Hydra and HTF UVLS, desperately wanted HCTF Wushoolay to drop/be coined this week but JK never seen it drop once this whole tier.
    I'm just grateful Bindings drops from the 1st boss in the instance ( That will be open for flex on 5.4) and will die on Heroic very quicky.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I'm just grateful Bindings drops from the 1st boss in the instance ( That will be open for flex on 5.4) and will die on Heroic very quicky.
    Agreed. Hopefully it actually drops

Deleted
    I'm running with UVLS + Hydra, both normal (am 13/13) .. This week was the last chance to get Wush from Council and our boomkin won the roll .. Hopefully affliction is OP enough to make up for dodgy trinkets!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    I'm running with UVLS + Hydra, both normal (am 13/13) .. This week was the last chance to get Wush from Council and our boomkin won the roll .. Hopefully affliction is OP enough to make up for dodgy trinkets!
    hehe i hear you, my guild have had bad luck with trinkets and weapons in general this tier(shouldnt really complain about weapons myself but a guildie would say so) only seen 2 breath, 2 wush and 2 uvls since ToT was released, seen 5-6 cha-yes drop half of which was de'd coz no1 needed them anymore, hopefully the loot tables in SoO will be less bloated.

Deleted
    Affliction
    Agony damage has been increased by 16%.
    Drain Soul no longer energizes Soul Shards from the pets and guardians of players, and now deals 34% less damage. If other periodic Affliction damage effects are triggered by Drain Soul, they now deal 60% of their normal damage (down from 100%).
    Malefic Grasp now deals 34% less damage, and causes all of the Warlock's other periodic Affliction damage effects to instantly deal 30% of their normal periodic damage (down from 50%).
    Unstable Affliction damage has been increased by 21%.
    I was expecting a buff instead of a nerf..

We are getting a nerfbat on trinkets (still I see lots of ppl talking bout UVLS?)
    After reading above I can someone tell me if we get an overal buff to afflication? If so how? (I see Shards going down; I see MG doing less damage and worse of all Drain Soul no more energising Shards = bad execute phase?

Do the addition damage from the rest of the DoT make up for it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminus View Post
    I was expecting a buff instead of a nerf..

We are getting a nerfbat on trinkets (still I see lots of ppl talking bout UVLS?)
    After reading above I can someone tell me if we get an overal buff to afflication? If so how? (I see Shards going down; I see MG doing less damage and worse of all Drain Soul no more energising Shards = bad execute phase?

Do the addition damage from the rest of the DoT make up for it?
    Jesus, do people even read just a few pages of this thread before posting? It is so infuriating to see people literally post the same question thats been answered a page or 2 before.... not to mention someone who posts the changes that are from MONTHS ago. Lol, i need to stop reading these forums, it makes me way to upset when dumb people do dumb things.

Quote Originally Posted by hypofyse View Post
    Why would a 13/13 guild give a boomie wush over a warlock. Affliction will never be good without strong trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    Why would a 13/13 guild give a boomie wush over a warlock. Affliction will never be good without strong trinkets.
    I'm 13/13 myself but the only toon I play is my lock. I only really keep up with warlocks so as a general rule I have very little idea how good or bad things are for other classes. I see these comments posted but as I don't know the other side of the coin I just go with whatever the officers decide. This has led me to wondering the following a few times, is there another class that currently depends more on strong trinkets/good trinket usage than us locks?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    I'm 13/13 myself but the only toon I play is my lock. I only really keep up with warlocks so as a general rule I have very little idea how good or bad things are for other classes. I see these comments posted but as I don't know the other side of the coin I just go with whatever the officers decide. This has led me to wondering the following a few times, is there another class that currently depends more on strong trinkets/good trinket usage than us locks?
    Well in 5.4 trinkets almost all do not affect pets in some way, so that might make the trinkets slightly more valuable on other classes. On the other hand, Affliction is mega strong and relies by far the most on using strong procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dahri View Post
    I have been playing Demo this tier and just wanted that trinket to accomodate a switch to Affliction for 5.4, didn't feel like arguing about it..

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Only trinkets I have are HTF Hydra and HTF UVLS, desperately wanted HCTF Wushoolay to drop/be coined this week but JK never seen it drop once this whole tier.
    Your a little optimistic on that dying very quickly in heroic statement. Remember the easiest heroic in ToT was Ji-Kun