Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Dunno about the Shivvara but have always been able to soul swap SoC, or least since 5.2.
    Possible. I'm not exactly intimate with Affliction :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supernex View Post
    Base resilience went up a bit. What kind of damage loss are you seeing? (I didn't notice it myself, but then again I was just overjoyed at having HoT baseline again!)
    Around a 20k damage loss with DS up and pvp trinket. The ability got buffed 15% and resil went up 7%, didn't expect the way scaling works to have such a significant damage loss to it :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Possible. I'm not exactly intimate with Affliction :P
    Yeah you can Soul Swap SoC, it's almost never worth it though. The only way it could be nice is if you swap a whole set of dots along with it, but it that's the case your Seeds will explode so fast that you can't Swap them around a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Finding some bugs:

• Soul Swap works on Seed of Corruption (maybe not a bug?)
    I'd imagine this is not a bug because soul swap copies all shadow DoTs and seed is technically a DoT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    Yeah you can Soul Swap SoC, it's almost never worth it though. The only way it could be nice is if you swap a whole set of dots along with it, but it that's the case your Seeds will explode so fast that you can't Swap them around a lot
    What if you copied a soulburned seed with a full row of dots? Would the copied seeds reapply corruption as it explodes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    What if you copied a soulburned seed with a full row of dots? Would the copied seeds reapply corruption as it explodes?
    Yes they would.

OK I have a few questions about Affliction that hopefully the community can help me.

Now I really want to try and make Affliction work. I am coming from Destro and the rotation in Destro seems a bit easier.
    Basically everything I am reading states that Affliction is the go to spec for single target DPS.

So I my guild was able to down Immerseus in SoO tonight but the spec felt real clunky to me and I couldn't sustain a decent dps level. Now I have been using Affdots to help track my Dots and I use Tell me When for my buffs and Trinkets.

I current use this rotation:
    (prepot) Curse of the Elements -> Dark Soul: Misery -> Haunt -> Soulburn: Soul Swap -> Malefic Grasp until all procs up -> Soulburn: Soul Swap -> Malefic Grasp spam + Haunt maintenance

Now my ilvl is only 531 and my opener seems fine, usually in the high 240's starting mostly because all trinkets and pre-potting. But as the fight went on I was keeping track of the dots and applying Haunt when I could, and I eventually finished around 100k dps average which seems really low.

In Destro my average was about 140K sustained dps or higher depending on the fight. Is there something I am missing.

Here is my Mr. Robot profile. I reforged based on the 5.4 spec. ( Prior to this I was at the 9778 Haste Threshold while in raid and recently changed it to whats linked now )

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...e-6550c9bd9bce

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My second question is Affliction AE, would that consist of SB/SS and then hitting SoC on the targets. I tried this but my AE seemed aweful, I mean really aweful compared to Destro.
    Last edited by Vulkrum; 2013-09-11 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    I'd imagine this is not a bug because soul swap copies all shadow DoTs and seed is technically a DoT.

- - - Updated - - -

It should.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatelocker View Post
    Can you post a link to 540-1? I wasn't able to find it and didn't see it up at simulationcraft.org which is the only place I even know to look.
    SimC 5.40-1 is publically available now

Quote Originally Posted by sster View Post
    SimC 5.40-1 is publically available now
    Though you still need to sim with 5.3 gear last I checked since the armory isn't updated. I'm sure someone could manually add in the T16 gear that isn't importing just not something 99.9% of the simC users could pull off on their own.

Deleted
    Does anyone have any information about destro trinket choice for this patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Does anyone have any information about destro trinket choice for this patch?
    Dunno but KTT is just uber. Does better than the legendary cloak proc. >.<

Deleted
    Since WoL isn't detecting fights yet (dunno if it will ever do) and a lot of people hide their logs, would some people care to say how much they did (roughly) on each of the T16 bosses and /w what spec ? I'd like to compare with Destro tonight.

I cant remember numbers but generally went like this (25 man, 544 ilvl, with legendary cloak):

Immerseus - Affliction, just behind rogues. The adds just die way too fast to get any real damage on that phase, plus my quadrant had like no hardly any adds spawn while other side had so many, so a little RNG there.
    Protectors - Affliction,Would have been insanely high, I do not have Wushoolays so using UVLS, our tanks wee bad and I pulled threat multidotting and was punched in the face. Arms warriors seem pretty broken on this fight as well
    Norushen - Affliction, was stuck with constant multidotting and wasn't allowed to reset corruption so pretty low. Attempts before that where I was allowed to reset corruption, Affy performed pretty solid. Again rogues seem like king on this fight. I think on heroic Affy will shine even more. Adds in normal mode with avg ilvl of raid 545ish just die way to fast so if they live a little bit longer Affy should see a pretty nice spike in DPS.
    Sha of Pride - Demo shines very nicely. Numbers depends on if you get the spark of titans buff so a little RNG. Pretty much a Lei Shen 2.0 with reflection adds. Excellent AOE burst and solid boss damage.
    Galakra - Demo all the way. Only classes that performed as well was arms warrior (ROFLstom 1 min CD, add wave CD - 1min, a little broken). Legendary cloak procs can vary a ton here. Had some attempts with 11+million damage and some only around 7 million damage.
    Siegebreaker - Affy top dps with rogues very close.

We ended the night there.

On another note - UVLS seems to proc very nicely for demo (only have reg mode 2/2 upgraded) and even without glyph of EA could maintain relative high uptimes of crit dooms, plus with AD having those crit dooms constantly running with dark soul made it a pretty nice combination for fights where adds stay alive a long time (gonna test it out on protectors next week, but currently am in love with the Affy changes).

10+ Year Old Account
    I only have Galakras, Iron Juggernaut, Kor'kron Dark Shaman, and General Nazgrim on my skada.

Galakras I was destruction and at the end I was at 280k. (was affliction reforge, 9800H>M>H>C)
    Iron Juggernaut I was affliction and at the end I was at 185k, though I did die halfway through and got a brez.
    Kor'kron I was affliction and at at the end I was at 300k.
    General Nazgrim I was affliction and at the end I was at about 255k.

10+ Year Old Account
    My raid is super melee heavy with two Hunters, Enh Shammy, Ret, Frost so had no spell haste = sadface.
    Immerseus - Affliction. Was second about 220k behind a Hunter. So wasn't worth trying to dot anything near me as the melees decimated them.
    Protectors - Affliction. Was low. I derped a ton while trying to watch too much to get a feel for the fight and didn't use SS much and just kept SB: SW dots... not very ideal.
    Norushen- Affliction. 1st at about 340k if I remember right. Can't wait until this fight on heroic! =P
    Sha of Pride - Sat myself.
    Galakra - Affliction. 2nd. F'ing beastcleaves is OP. Then again one of our hunter has consistently been in the top 3 on WoL for nearly every fight since ToT.
    Juggernaut - Died to the earthquake thing, zero heals so whatever.
    Shamans - Affliction. 1st at 310k. Fun fight, horrible 'room'.
    Nazgrim - Affliction. 1st Around 220k. I hate this fight. Where I learned KTT > my cloak proc. =P

Deleted
    is the 5.4 simcraft accurate? I had rotten luck with trinkets in ToT, no heroic drops, not even normal mode TF, so I currently am playing Affliction with 530 Breath, Cha-ye's or UVLS with no idea what to choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Since WoL isn't detecting fights yet (dunno if it will ever do) and a lot of people hide their logs, would some people care to say how much they did (roughly) on each of the T16 bosses and /w what spec ? I'd like to compare with Destro tonight.
    I've been checking out the logs of a very good Warlock. He played Affliction all night, in a group that was not all mains (so in AoE situations his numbers would be overrepresented). Kind of a pain to pick out numbers but they should be right-ish.

Immerseus: ~170k DPS(e), 1st
    Protectors: ~360k, 1st
    Norushen (he did the logging here): ~235k, 1st
    Sha: ~300k, 1st
    Galakras (on towers, I think): ~275k, 5th
    Iron Juggernaut: ~235k, 3rd
    Dark Shaman: ~325k, 3rd
    Nazgrim: ~240k DPSe, 2nd
    Malkorok: ~225k, 5th
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

I only did Flex last night (guild doesn't raid on tuesdays), no logs till Sha of Pride.

Immerseus: Was 1st for most of the fight, one of our rogues pulled slightly ahead on the last 2 add phases. Saving at least 1 shard and ensuring to cast Drain Soul allowed me to do some decent damage to adds.
    Protectors: Ended in 2nd (new Twist of Fate is OP as hell), was in 1st by a significant margin for most of the fight, ended up screwing myself by going a little too offensively and going shard dry at the end of the fight.
    Norushen: 2nd as well, could've done better if focused more on boss rather than adds.
    Sha: Not very well, was mostly responsible for breaking prisons and my group was far away from the add spawns, so no soul swapping there.

No more lurking I guess. 9778 haste>13k mastery>stupid 5000+ crit reforge. H Wush + H Hydra, 549 ilvl. 25man with 15 dps at 540+ ilvl

Immerseus: Around 200k as affliction/ADarkness . As others have stated, smaller adds evaporate before you can touch them, felt like patchworky dps. Feel like demo would work fine here.

Protectors: Around 330k as affliction/ADarkness. Orgasmic for affliction, wouldn't spec anything else.

Norushen: About 220k as affliction/KJC....with being in the first group to go in and get uncorrupted. Cleave damage makes adds evaporate way too fast on normal anyways for dots to do damage to them. Would not go afflic here again for 25man. Maybe demno for Hand guldan random cleave dmg and felstorm dmg. Then can pick up ADarkness easier, Touch of chaos on the move. Stupid cutter beams.

Sha of Pride: About 220k as affliction/AD/Mannoroth. 25 man. We stacked up the adds and kaboom. Switched from AD to Mannoroth on 2nd attempt/kill, didn't help SOC aoe damage at all. Only took 2 attempts if we had wiped again I'd have gone destro or demno + mannoroth for sure. Burst AOE.

Galakras: Around 290k as destro/Mannoroth Shadowburn sniping and aoe galore. I think demno would work well here also but you have to rely on nerfed hellfire damage and standing in middle of all the aoe damaging crap.

Will update this/post again after tonight's raid. Is there anyone out there that is specced Destro/Demno? Because I would very much like to know the comparison of their sustained AOE potential as Galakras/Spoils and other fights almost feel like a freaking dungeon trash run than a boss fight. Demno's Chaos waves I'm sure will beat out Destro's AOE conflagrates for burst aoe but sustained damage is hazy. Like the new mannoroth talent somewhat, makes you use your brain. GL everyone in your raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    I've been checking out the logs of a very good Warlock. He played Affliction all night, in a group that was not all mains (so in AoE situations his numbers would be overrepresented). Kind of a pain to pick out numbers but they should be right-ish.

Immerseus: ~170k DPS(e), 1st
    Protectors: ~360k, 1st
    Norushen (he did the logging here): ~235k, 1st
    Sha: ~300k, 1st
    Galakras (on towers, I think): ~275k, 5th
    Iron Juggernaut: ~235k, 3rd
    Dark Shaman: ~325k, 3rd
    Nazgrim: ~240k DPSe, 2nd
    Malkorok: ~225k, 5th
    Listed with spec and talent by fight. Felt like i had a lot of room for improvement on all fights. This was a full 550 geared main run (25-man). Top 30 US Lei Shen Kill.

Immerseus: 114k, Destro (AD), 14th. Adds didn’t live long enough for a Shadowfury > Havoc > Chaosbolt combination. I still think Destro will have it’s place in heroic, but everything about normal mode was a joke.
    Protectors: 256k, Affliction (AD), 5th. Played terribly here. Just awful.
    Norushen: Our guild zerged it. I was Affliction (AD). Our dps numbers were very low, not sure it’s a worthwhile comparative. Hint: If your guild does it this way it’s interesting to note that Guardian pets appear not to be affected by the player’s corruption level.
    Sha: 236k, Affliction (MF), 7th. I got 0 Power of the titans. 5 of 6 above me had multiple Power buffs and top dps was 248k. Not to mention the fact I made several errors including one botched AoE phase. Room for improvement here (a lot).
    Galakras: 291k, Destruction (AD), 1st. I was assigned to the right tower. Our Spriest was less than 1k dps behind.
    Iron Juggernaut: 234k, Affliction (AD), 3rd (had to kite lazer and got knocked back way out of range). It cost me a lot.
    Dark Shaman: Affliction (AD) Died Early, wasn’t rezzed. Globs melt. I was doing very well when I died though.
    Nazgrim: 284k, Affliction (AD), 1st
    Malkorok: 239k Affliction (AD), 3rd (not a kill but very close).
    Last edited by Turturin the Warlock; 2013-09-11 at 09:07 PM.