10+ Year Old Account
    This may have been covered but 200 pages is a lot to search through for a simple question.

Has Haste replaced Mastery for Affliction? I check Mr. Robot today and it tells me to reforge and regem to Haste that doesn't seem right.

Deleted
    I only did 4 bosses tonight because of the two parallel raids, all four as Destro.
    Immerseus: 140k lol, not sure how I could be so low, I was about to rage-uninstall the game I did play the fight really badly though and the adds were just dying... instantly (useless to even try casting CB).
    Protectors : Around 300k... but I died/rezzed (my fault!)
    Norushen : 235k (I was among the firsts to be purified). The adds have so little health I wasn't even trying to target them since they died before my spells hit them o_O That's silly and a huge loss for Destro...
    Sha of Pride : I was at around 300k around 33% but I died again (not my fault this time!). With the increased AoE / execs I would have ended a bit higher I guess.

I hope the different adds will have more health in Heroic mode, this is laughable in normal ~~

Felt like I had lots of room to improve, having never seen the fights, as well as having to drop 2 pieces due to being 1100 over hit cap.

Affliction for all the fights

1) Immerseus - 150k, adds die instantly I would assume with the self healing and quick burst it would be more ideal to be destro for heroic if there is even any struggle on this fight
    2) Protectors - 300k, same story as Zumzum I died early and got a res later on in the fight, need to give more than 0.2 seconds for tanks to get adds.
    3) Norushen - Sat out
    4) Sha of Pride - Went AD didn't aoe a ton ended with 255k
    5) Galakras - 298k on tower duty, demo might be more useful as the adds will probably be the issue on heroic but affliction can do that quite well.
    6) Juggernaut - 220k not a great position for knockbacks still not bad
    7) Shamans - 335k need a better way to track dots off my boss frames, adds died very fast almost not worth trying to soc

I did 400k on Protectors, 480k on Dark Shaman and 280k-300k on everything else as affliction

UVLS is extremely powerful for the council fights

Quote Originally Posted by PickmansMuse View Post
    This may have been covered but 200 pages is a lot to search through for a simple question.

Has Haste replaced Mastery for Affliction? I check Mr. Robot today and it tells me to reforge and regem to Haste that doesn't seem right.
    I just downloaded the new simcraft 540-1 and put in single and 3 target for affliction. I'm 9937 haste and 12983 mastery.
    Single target show the values pretty close, mastery>haste (4.73>4.31).
    3 target clearly shows haste ahead of mastery (8.26>6.89)

I thought the consensus was Multidotting made us lean more towards mastery, not haste, with all the MG changes and RPPM trinket nerfs. Makes me wonder if simcraft took the haste not affecting rppm trinkets into account or what. (Using H Hydra and H Wushoolay). It's frustrating because stacking mastery would have made an AOE destro or burst AOE demno spec easier to manage.

So I don't know if this has been noticed by anyone else, but the legendary cloak definitely has different proc rates for each spec. Demo has the highest chance of the three, followed by Destro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerowe View Post
    I just downloaded the new simcraft 540-1 and put in single and 3 target for affliction. I'm 9937 haste and 12983 mastery.

I thought the consensus was Multidotting made us lean more towards mastery, not haste, with all the MG changes and RPPM trinket nerfs. Makes me wonder if simcraft took the haste not affecting rppm trinkets into account or what. (Using H Hydra and H Wushoolay). It's frustrating because stacking mastery would have made an AOE destro or burst AOE demno spec easier to manage.
    It's even more confusing for me. I run 9778 haste > mastery aswell. Lowest I can get is 10372 haste and 15853 mastery (Armory here)

Simcraft 540-1 is showing me haste being ahead by a pretty significant margin (stat weights look something like 5.79 haste, 4.86 mastery) for single target and about the same for 2 and 3 targets. Not sure if I should drop around 3-4k mastery and reach 13737 already or not.

I just came here to say that I just coined a KTT.

DDDDDD

I got Bindings yesterday after noone finding interest in it. Here's some SimCraft comparisons between my trinket options.

Bindings 553
    UVLS 543
    Wush 543
    Breath 543

Stat prios 9778 haste -> Mastery -> Haste as Affli and 8100 Haste -> Mastery -> Haste as Demo. 551 item level.

Demo:

UVLS+Bindings 259087 <-----
    UVLS+Breath 251273
    UVLS+Wush 250267
    Bindings+Wush 240391
    Bindings+Breath 239819
    Wush+Breath 235141

Affli:

UVLS+Bindings 244333
    UVLS+Breath 244159
    UVLS+Bush 244455
    Bindings+Wush 245494 <-----
    Bindings+Breath 244180
    Wush+Breath 245124 <-----

With that in mind I went ahead and upgraded Bindings (a 2150 DPS increase as Demo). I also took the time to check scale factors for all stats as Demo.

Int 7.21
    Crit 3.20
    Haste 4.07
    Mastery 4.55

In other words, nothing changing from 4.3.

2/2 Bindings coupled with 543 Wush puts me at 245801 DPS as Affli. I'm not sure why the upgraded Bindings didn't give me more. I'll be playing around with combinations of Bindings/Wush/Breath.

Conclusion:
    Demo: Bindings is awesome.
    Affli: At around 550 item level, Bindings is a small upgrade over 543 Breath/UVLS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariol View Post
    It's even more confusing for me. I run 9778 haste > mastery aswell. Lowest I can get is 10372 haste and 15853 mastery (Armory here)

Simcraft 540-1 is showing me haste being ahead by a pretty significant margin (stat weights look something like 5.79 haste, 4.86 mastery) for single target and about the same for 2 and 3 targets. Not sure if I should drop around 3-4k mastery and reach 13737 already or not.
    Are we sure the simcraft is coded properly, in terms of how it plays? I just can't imagine how haste is further ahead on multi-target than single.

No more lurking I guess. 9778 haste>13k mastery>stupid 5000+ crit reforge. H Wush + H Hydra, 549 ilvl. 25man with 15 dps at 540+ ilvl

Immerseus: Around 200k as affliction/ADarkness . As others have stated, smaller adds evaporate before you can touch them, felt like patchworky dps. Feel like demo would work fine here.

Protectors: Around 330k as affliction/ADarkness. Orgasmic for affliction, wouldn't spec anything else.

Norushen: About 220k as affliction/KJC....with being in the first group to go in and get uncorrupted. Cleave damage makes adds evaporate way too fast on normal anyways for dots to do damage to them. Would not go afflic here again for 25man. Maybe demno for Hand guldan random cleave dmg and felstorm dmg. Then can pick up ADarkness easier, Touch of chaos on the move. Stupid cutter beams.

Sha of Pride: About 220k as affliction/AD/Mannoroth. 25 man. We stacked up the adds and kaboom. Switched from AD to Mannoroth on 2nd attempt/kill, didn't help SOC aoe damage at all. Only took 2 attempts if we had wiped again I'd have gone destro or demno + mannoroth for sure. Burst AOE.

Galakras: Around 290k as destro/Mannoroth Shadowburn sniping and aoe galore. I think demno would work well here also but you have to rely on nerfed hellfire damage and standing in middle of all the aoe damaging crap.

Will update this/post again after tonight's raid. Is there anyone out there that is specced Destro/Demno? Because I would very much like to know the comparison of their sustained AOE potential as Galakras/Spoils and other fights almost feel like a freaking dungeon trash run than a boss fight. Demno's Chaos waves I'm sure will beat out Destro's AOE conflagrates for burst aoe but sustained damage is hazy. Like the new mannoroth talent somewhat, makes you use your brain. GL everyone in your raids.
    Update :

Juggernaut: 230k area as Affliction/AD. Outdpsed on this patchworky fight by hunter/rogues not sure why/how by about 10-20k. Pretty simple fight though can't finetune much to increase dps.

Dark Shamans: 320k area as Affliction/AD. Similar to Protectors....however with lots of little squishy adds thrown in. Wanted to try Demno here with AD to get some Sflame/hellfire damage on the squishy adds but had no time to reforge out of stupid Wush trinket.

Nazgrim: 290k area as Affliction/AD. WITHOUT PADDING AT START. Very glad those disappear after first attempt. Very solid wouldn't try Demno here adds last long even on normal and are spread out.

Malkorok: 260k area as Affliction/AD (Wush+Hydra). 240k area as Demno/AD (Wush+ULVS, stupid I know) This is with 97xx breakpoint for haste. Strong feeling if I had time to reforge and get rid of Wush for Breath Demno would have done more. Getting to use the second Dark Soul as soon as Imp Swarm gets off cooldown fat load of damage. Combat rogues and BM hunters kept competing for single target.

Malkorok best attempt 15% left. Will update again. Spoils next definitely won't be Afflic there. If anyone's using Demno out there please post would love to see #s. Although I'm guessing mega-overgeared guilds all 550+ will have higher dps not only b/c of gear but also b/c they kill bosses faster more % of time in Blust and early Dark soul CDs.

Once again GL Raiding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wich MH do you suggest? I'm heading for a staff (4th boss i think) mainly because it will not be easy for me to obtain bis mh+oh during progression.

Any thought?

"new" soul link in pvp is good for me, demonology spec. Soul link + GoSac need +3% healing from damage.

Destruction need a PVP buff, chaos bolt damage is TOO low...
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2013-09-12 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsock View Post
    OK I have a few questions about Affliction that hopefully the community can help me.

Now I really want to try and make Affliction work. I am coming from Destro and the rotation in Destro seems a bit easier.
    Basically everything I am reading states that Affliction is the go to spec for single target DPS.

So I my guild was able to down Immerseus in SoO tonight but the spec felt real clunky to me and I couldn't sustain a decent dps level. Now I have been using Affdots to help track my Dots and I use Tell me When for my buffs and Trinkets.

I current use this rotation:
    (prepot) Curse of the Elements -> Dark Soul: Misery -> Haunt -> Soulburn: Soul Swap -> Malefic Grasp until all procs up -> Soulburn: Soul Swap -> Malefic Grasp spam + Haunt maintenance

Now my ilvl is only 531 and my opener seems fine, usually in the high 240's starting mostly because all trinkets and pre-potting. But as the fight went on I was keeping track of the dots and applying Haunt when I could, and I eventually finished around 100k dps average which seems really low.

In Destro my average was about 140K sustained dps or higher depending on the fight. Is there something I am missing.

Here is my Mr. Robot profile. I reforged based on the 5.4 spec. ( Prior to this I was at the 9778 Haste Threshold while in raid and recently changed it to whats linked now )

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...e-6550c9bd9bce

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My second question is Affliction AE, would that consist of SB/SS and then hitting SoC on the targets. I tried this but my AE seemed aweful, I mean really aweful compared to Destro.
    Hi Grimsock , it's fun to see that someone has posted exactly what i was going to post. i feel like you, my numbers are sligthly highers. i have 535 itm lvl and i finished with 130K dps on inmersus as affliction and think these numbers are low

I wondered why haste simming better than mastery too, so I ran a reforge plot with 5000 rating difference with 13180 haste(+4 corr for goblins) and 14356 mastery as default. Sim result is 246352 dps, 4.98 haste and 4.11 mastery. Plots said if I drop more haste to get more mastery, I lose up to 7k dps and if I drop mastery and push haste its a gain but its only 1117 dps on +5k haste. So don't be fooled with simulated stat weights, they don't matter that much.

Deleted
    Hm we are raiding Ogrimmar first time this night... so which specc should I take for which fight? I always fear that my dots are not good when it comes to add fights (have ilvl 539 with ULV and Wushoo as trinket)

Immerseus: Destro? because of more burst against adds?
    Protectors: Affli cause of multidotting?
    Norushen: Affli or destro better for the solo part and the adds?
    Sha of Pride: destro or affli? not sure here
    Last edited by mmoca54f789dce; 2013-09-12 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selaiah View Post
    Hm we are raiding Ogrimmar first time this night... so which specc should I take for which fight? I always fear that my dots are not good when it comes to add fights (have ilvl 539 with ULV and Wushoo as trinket)

Immerseus: Destro? because of more burst against adds?
    Protectors: Affli cause of multidotting?
    Norushen: Affli or destro better for the solo part and the adds?
    Sha of Pride: destro or affli? not sure here
    The adds on Immersus die so fast it does not matter what spec you play IMO.
    Def affliction on Protectors for the reason you stated.
    Until you get cleansed the dps isn't great in any spec, I went affliction, SS my dots around to the adds and then focused the boss again. Also with aff you can just dot everything in the cleansing room and it will all die before the minute it up.
    If you do not have a lot of aoe for Sha I would go destro so you can blow up the reflection adds in a timely matter.

I Played Affliction in first 8 fights I don't see any on them where affliction MUST be dropped to have a competitive DPS, even galakras or Spoils - if your group pull more big/medium adds, I was bursting around 750k in the first pull at Galakras and did a good dmg at the boss.
    Only on Immersius Affliction indeed seems a bit Lacky, but who cares for this big giant add? Maybe on Heroic affliction have your utiliy at all. Or I will just drop the spec only for Immersius like I did with demo to Destro at past tier at Primordius and every other fight I will be fine with affliction.

In every fight i took KJC just because I'm pretty lazy and uncomfortable with using a lot of FF in fights which need a lot of movement. But there is fights like Malk, Thok and Nazgrim where KJC don't have a lot of utility indeed.
    Last edited by JV Chequer; 2013-09-12 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    yea I play Affli and destro both quite well and also like both speccs and currently I even get the same Stat prio from Simcraft so I want to choose the optimal specc for each fight which is of course not only dps but also utility

and thx TheBGreene good answer helped me a lot

Deleted
    As Affliction I couldn't do shit on Immerseus, the adds died before I could even turn my character in their direction (figuratively speaking before anyone inquires) and the boss' health is so low I can't get my damage going other than the first two splits. Bah.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-09-12 at 01:26 PM.