Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Also, what do you think about sacrifice with the buffs to incinerate and bolt? I find myself on most fights able to cast a bolt frequently and with the change it should be even more. I haven't done numbers, so I can't be certain if it'd be worth it yet.
    I wouldn't say that it makes it significantly better than the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Is there possibly another spell that does so little for so much?
    Go look at hurricane for the past two expansions. Highest spell cost in game, absolutely horrible damage, pretty much on par with holy nova when it's going full buffed with eclipse and what not. Blizzard is perfectly fine with destroying a single spell into spellbook filler and then attempt to nerf other things to force you to use it.

The destro changes are not surprising nor unexpected knee jerk reactions we knew Blizzard was going to have when 5.4 went live. It wasn't like these were things that they weren't warned about for months on the PTR either. All that has been learned is that if we want to get something done on the ptr we have to throw the same level of fits as we did with KJC in June, and then multiply it by 2 or 3 so that way things get fixed the right way, and not in a stupid way. Apparently as much as the CMs tell us that whining and throwing childish temper tantrums doesn't fix or influence decisions, apparently it does, because it's either doing that or waiting for a bad list of changes going live and breaking a spec and causing way too many issues for a class that was perfectly fine before that, apart from top end raids abusing Demonic Gateways like a dead horse and stupid trinkets with stupid glyphs causing stupid numbers that were created exploiting stupid mechanics.

I'm hoping that whoever gave the final ruling on the warlock changes before 5.4 went live gets slapped upside the head and is set on a time out over at hearthstone or titan, where they have a near negligible chance of screwing stuff up.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Deleted
    15% chance TO generate EMBERS for conf & incin is a really nice buff both for pve/pvp

Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    15% chance TO generate EMBERS for conf & incin is a really nice buff both for pve/pvp
    Its emberbits.

Deleted
    It also covers the only weakness destruction has atm which is sustaining aoe on low targets (especially when you get 2 and 4 set)

The fel flame nerf doesnt even effect destruction because you have the option to take KJC.

Specced destro again to try out the changes. Haven't looked to closely at the numbers, but it feels a whole lot better.

so for you doing the same dps as before but not having an additional dark soul doesn't effect the spec? ( incinerate does more damage but you have less chaos bolt in the end it's the same ).

in pvp side... fel armor need a % armor contribution like spriest and moonkin... now warlock is very very squishy vs melee

Deleted
    I never played haste anyway in t15, it was a shit way to play the spec regardless of whether or not it was top dps by trying to play the rain of fire mini game.

1 extra dark soul is not an entitlement, its a talent.

Because of this you have the option to spec for it and in this manner the fel flame nerf doesnt hurt you at all.

The only encounter that destro is a bit ehh on now is thok, but we will see how that works out.

From t15 to t16 destruction has recieved massive buffs (scaling buffs aswell), it will be fine.

People need to get there head out of the clouds when comparing to Affi because most of why affi is good is because you can open so hard with double cd's, this also screws you on movement because you dont have KJC and Affi lost its execute power.

Destruction will play almost perfect when you have about 35% crit / 2 pc / 4 pc because its only weakness right now is trying to sustain aoe on low numbers of targets.

i think you minsunderstood me, it's not a matter of choice ( i agree that now you have to make the choice for mouvement fights) , but comparing to the first day of 5.4, with KJC now you have the same mobility as with AV with FF before, you just loose the additional dark soul, so if you take kjc, it's a nerf single target wise. Only the aoe and sustaining this aoe have been improved lately, not the single target aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    I never played haste anyway in t15, it was a shit way to play the spec regardless of whether or not it was top dps by trying to play the rain of fire mini game.

1 extra dark soul is not an entitlement, its a talent.

Because of this you have the option to spec for it and in this manner the fel flame nerf doesnt hurt you at all.

The only encounter that destro is a bit ehh on now is thok, but we will see how that works out.

From t15 to t16 destruction has recieved massive buffs (scaling buffs aswell), it will be fine.

People need to get there head out of the clouds when comparing to Affi because most of why affi is good is because you can open so hard with double cd's, this also screws you on movement because you dont have KJC and Affi lost its execute power.

Destruction will play almost perfect when you have about 35% crit / 2 pc / 4 pc because its only weakness right now is trying to sustain aoe on low numbers of targets.
    Idk why you would think Aff lost execute power. The buffs to dot dmg + the 2 piece + the huge dmg haunt does now make it just as strong if not stronger then 5.3. Of course this is assuming it was execute dmg on a boss and not add clean up that you were talking about. That has always been a weakness of Aff and shouldn't even be mentioned as one that was newly created with 5.4 nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    Eh, I have little sympathy for such complaints. Mythic raiders will have mythic weapons and mythic trinkets that will be far more powerful than a random legendary world drop. Power wise they'll still be at the top of the mountain. This is just a way for other people to have other special things, which is not anything mythic raiders should get to have a monopoly on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Betrayerx View Post
    Idk why you would think Aff lost execute power. The buffs to dot dmg + the 2 piece + the huge dmg haunt does now make it just as strong if not stronger then 5.3. Of course this is assuming it was execute dmg on a boss and not add clean up that you were talking about. That has always been a weakness of Aff and shouldn't even be mentioned as one that was newly created with 5.4 nerfs.
    idd, afflic execute is more about spamming haunts than actually channelling drain soul now.

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    idd, afflic execute is more about spamming haunts than actually channelling drain soul now.
    For the most part yeah. I've been draining to 2-3 Shards, dumping haunts, rinse repeat. Pretty good results so far. Unless I have meta gem, DS or Heroism. At which point I believe draining is more damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caides View Post
    For the most part yeah. I've been draining to 2-3 Shards, dumping haunts, rinse repeat. Pretty good results so far. Unless I have meta gem, DS or Heroism. At which point I believe draining is more damage. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.
    You're wrong, it's impossible to have so much haste that DS becomes better than Haunt. Of course it's still better to favor DS during haste procs if you don't cap on shards, and favor Haunting to 0 shards and only getting 1-2 before Haunting again during intellect procs.

Quote Originally Posted by strmstrike View Post
    You're wrong, it's impossible to have so much haste that DS becomes better than Haunt. Of course it's still better to favor DS during haste procs if you don't cap on shards, and favor Haunting to 0 shards and only getting 1-2 before Haunting again during intellect procs.
    Pretty much what I've been doing. Only time I hadn't been was During DS+Meta+Hero. Then I would get 3 shards and dump haunts. Thanks for clearing that up, though.

I'm forcing myself to use the DI talent instead of KJC and getting use to losing the cast while moving stuff anyway.

Honestly my favorite part of the old KJC wasnt really the DPS help it was the subtle benefits.

1) casting a healthstone altar while running
    2) summoning a pet on the move
    3) knockback effects were much less a problem. I would keep casting even in the air.

These were Quality of life advantages. sure CB on the move was nice, and i reveled in being able to move so much after being locked down for so long...but now im back to how i was. I miss it. but DI will obviously be a superior choice for Destro so im working to clear it from my muscle memory.

Tried Destro on Garrosh last night - with my usual 150-200ms, it increased my DPS significantly (3s to Soul Swap really, really blows at my latency) and the usual movement issues weren't that much of an issue. Also fixed one of the issues we were having with our locks in the kill, which was DPSing Mind Controls (we weren't allowed to use dots, soooo).

KJC seems the way to go for Destruction, at least till 2p - I haven't found much use for the extra Dark Soul from AD. I've done enough fights without the old KJC (Heroic Durumu comes to mind) where the fact that I can only cast Incinerate while moving wasn't a bother at all - I was still able to snap Chaos Bolts on the move on high movement phases (namely, the Annihilate phases).

I still need to get some practice and get a second helm again, so I can punch in a Burning meta - but I really think Destro got back to it's niche of being the AoE spec. I wasn't running Ember-dry on 2-4 aoe pulls (was using FnB to break MCs on us) and sniping Shadowburns on Garrosh wasn't an issue at all, even on a 25-man.

Will try it in a couple of extra fights next week (Norushen comes to mind). Will still be Affliction for council-fights, or pure single target.

Also, something that you're probably interested - the Destruction buffs made the spec incredibly strong on scaled content (Challenge Modes/Proving Grounds). I was able to get 6 Realm Best times last Saturday and I was usually blowing everyone else's DPS away. Beating the tank on a CM is truly a feat :P

i have check my alt, a shadow priest... inner fire give 60/90% (glyph) armor contribution, and new shadowform give another 60% armor contribution, 120% or 150% armor contribution.

Why fel armor dont' give an armor contribution? A "tank" caster class in the game, with the lowerest armor.

I've always liked destro for CM's... Even IF destro's numbers were better at 554ilvl my issue is that aff is wanting 9778 haste minimum (probably wants to grow into the 13737 soon) whereas destro wants as little as possible...especially if you use the LMG. Granted I have about 60ms most of the time so the aff soulswap thing isn't so bad.

I think destro can afford KJC more than other specs since destro's darksoul is quite a bit weaker than demo or aff's. When I did PTR testing MF for destro felt more like a ember generation buff than a aoe increase. Blizz probably needs to remove the damage penalty for a target not being immolated in terms of RoF's damage if they are not going to let F&B work with MF. Changes nothing single target/small aoe and is a nice middle ground for MF for destro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather KJC never existed than what they mulitated it into.

Like a few others have said, I am weaning myself of it - currentley using Mannaoth's Fury outside of the pathetic raiding I do these days.

On a side note, finally got green fire today - I used to try once a week and ragequit on death, but today I went off and watched Cannibal Holocaust which inspired me to get it done.