10+ Year Old Account
    How much of a dps increase is the immolate buff? like 3%?

I wanna say 3~5%, it is an odd buff.

My guess is they're treading away from Chaos Bolt territory to not incur the wrath of PvPers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    Here is how warlock balance is done it seems. They have 2 big wheel of fortune type things in the warlock balance office. One has names of abilities, other has % values. They bring in a blindfolded monkey who gets to pick one of 5 cards from a table. 3 cards say nerf, 2 say buff. Monkey picks one of the nerf cards, they spin the wheels. first one lands on wild imps, second lands on 30%.

EDIT: I shouldnt be allowed to post on forums when im drunk and upset...
    This is the only thing that makes sense. OMG I am so sad right now...I have been so comfortable as a demo lock, but ughhhhh.

10+ Year Old Account
    To think i was beginning to enjoy Demonology more and more throughout the expansion, they nerfed their AoE (probably already powerful to begin with) early in 5.4, and now one of my 'pet' damage gets nerfed by 30%... as a 'casual' though the recent changes shouldn't bug me much since i don't have UVLS (terrible luck) or glyph Wild Imps.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least affliction is still powerful, and destro is slightly better :>

Deleted
    i was thinking of changing my offspec from destro to demo, no point in doing that now with the massive nerf to demo, it'll prolly do less dmg than destro now.

IMO the changes to demo are double dipped overkill. You could have left UVLS as is and nerfed imps on the assumption everyone uses it. OR you nerf UVLS as they did and leave the imps as they were since you will get less of them.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    IMO the changes to demo are double dipped overkill. You could have left UVLS as is and nerfed imps on the assumption everyone uses it. OR you nerf UVLS as they did and leave the imps as they were since you will get less of them.
    The balance team reminds me of someone in Surgeon Simulator using a hacksaw to remove a kidney.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh man this is hilarious
    Stationed at McGuire, AFB.
    PC Specs: i5-3570K, GTX 690, Gigabyte UD5H, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, Corsair AX750, H100i, Phantom 630 case, Asus VH236H

So glad I didn't DE my other trinkets when I got ULVS.

Putting it here since it seems better than the random thread:

Did a quick simc script for demo without uvls. I used trinket2=breath_of_the_hydra,id=96455,upgrade=2 as my comparison trinket (h 2/2).

With my current gear (~6k crit rating), and not using uvls is ~10% loss for my character (285k vs 260k single target). Of that, 12% is from imps (down from 20% with uvls), meaning that the imp nerf would make the imps do ~8%, and make a total nerf of around ~14% dps loss for demo.

Tweaking around with my gear priorities towards haste > mastery > crit and dropping imp glyph I can get back to 95-96% of live dps (275k after imp dps loss is taken out), but that comes at a pretty hefty loss in terms of aoe phases (15k haste, 10k mastery, 6k crit) - and it also has the downside of zero compatibility with destro.

tl;dr Thou Shalt Have No Other Specs Before Affliction.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-09-24 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Immolate buff is an odd one..
    Not really, when you look at this through the lens of PvP as well. What were they going to do? Increase ember generation? They cannot buff Cbolt, nor Conflag, they just buffed Incinerate and nerfed Fel Flame. Their options are rather limited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    At least affliction is still powerful, and destro is slightly better :>
    Yep, and you get to pick one to play. Considering they both have different stat priorities.

I must have had some sort of premonition since I felt like ditching me Demo for Destro last week. These nerfs are... Odd.

I'm assuming there's going to be some sort of announcement tomorrow that they're abandoning the PTR altogether, cause clearly it's useless. Just when I was starting to enjoy Demo as well...

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going Destro OS -.- I guess

Quote Originally Posted by I make people mad View Post
    Going Destro OS -.- I guess
    How though? I mean they use different meta's and secondary stats.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard View Post
    How though? I mean they use different meta's and secondary stats.
    I DON'T KNOW that's the problem

Q_Q

I am happy to see UVLS go. I know Ghostcrawler has described it as feeling more like an exploit for demo then a trinket. I feel like it having a last tier trinket as BIS is just wrong, too compulsory and the gap between H TF UVLS and say a LFR version was enormous. Although I would have liked it to see the change made during the PTR / launch 5.4 rather than hot-fixed in in the middle of progression.

BUT what I don't understand is that given they know UVLS was artificially propping up Demonology's DPS, essentially the only thing making it viable, how can you not see that removing it will cripple the spec? Why having nerfed UVLS would you then also nerf the imps? Where are the compensation buffs to rotational abilities if they thought pet damage was too high even after UVLS was nerfed?

Looking at the other class nerfs / buffs in this hotfix I think the 10-15% damage reduction this change will represent for Demonology is way out-of-line with the other adjustments. Demo is my favorite spec and I can see it being personally game-breaking if it becomes un-fun & un-competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I am happy to see UVLS go. I know Ghostcrawler has described it as feeling more like an exploit for demo then a trinket. I feel like it having a last tier trinket as BIS is just wrong, too compulsory and the gap between H TF UVLS and say a LFR version was enormous. Although I would have liked it to see the change made during the PTR / launch 5.4 rather than hot-fixed in in the middle of progression.

BUT what I don't understand is that given they know UVLS was artificially propping up Demonology's DPS, essentially the only thing making it viable, how can you not see that removing it will cripple the spec? Why having nerfed UVLS would you then also nerf the imps? Where are the compensation buffs to rotational abilities if they thought pet damage was too high even after UVLS was nerfed?

Looking at the other class nerfs / buffs in this hotfix I think the 10-15% damage reduction this change will represent for Demonology is way out-of-line with the other adjustments. Demo is my favorite spec and I can see it being personally game-breaking if it becomes un-fun & un-competitive.
    yea, im fine with uvls no longer working, only that this should have happened pre release, what makes absolutely zero sense is nerfing our imps when taking away the trinket directly nerfs our imp dmg already, the double hit to demo is just wrong and and amazes me how poorly thought out it is

also, what are people planning on running until soo trinkets, breath+wush , breath+cha yes, chayes+wush?
    Last edited by weakdots; 2013-09-24 at 05:26 AM.

Don't really see the point of the kneejerk destro offspec, there was already almost no reason to go demo this entire tier so... basically still no reason to not be aff even more so now.

Demo was gonna be great for thok and... that's it.