Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If Blizzard wants to be not-awful with Garrosh's story, they should have Garrosh realize what he's become, and have to fight to expunge the Sha of Pride from himself, finally sacrificing himself to destroy it.
    I can get onboard with that, actually; particularly if the Sha of Pride uses Garrosh's body, but his mind remains in tact, and he helps the raid group to kill him in order to defeat the Sha and avoid it ever spreading across Kalimdor.

Deleted
    They said he wasn't corrupted back with his actions at Theramore etc, they never fully stated he would be corrupted.
    By the way, he doesn't get corrupted, he invites Y'shjaar by the looks of the phase name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    I can get onboard with that, actually; particularly if the Sha of Pride uses Garrosh's body, but his mind remains in tact, and he helps the raid group to kill him in order to defeat the Sha and avoid it ever spreading across Kalimdor.
    Indeed... If they just go with the whole "Garrosh got so angry he eventually kersploded" it'd pretty much be a rehash of the Deathwing "I AM THE CATACLYSM!" fight... All semblance of character thrown out the door, and we just have to put down a giant baddy. Garrosh may be an Asshole, but he (and the story) deserves better than that.

It'd be nice if Thrall comes in at the end and pulls a whole "This is exactly what your father sought to do, and it nearly destroyed him! Fight back Garrosh!" and then Garrosh has to sacrifice himself to destroy the final Sha.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Well it was quite clear since the Sha of Pride reveal. It is a bit of a Ner'zhul or Grom case of corruption, in the sense that he was more or less consciously willing to do anything in order to reach his goal. Its a bit different from Deathwing, who was slowly turned mad by the Old Gods, while his original personality was completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    As an Old God fan, I like this.
    As a fan of imaginative storytelling, I hate this.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannis View Post
    Well it was quite clear since the Sha of Pride reveal. It is a bit of a Ner'zhul or Grom case of corruption, in the sense that he was more or less consciously willing to do anything in order to reach his goal. Its a bit different from Deathwing, who was slowly turned mad by the Old Gods, while his original personality was completely different.
    I suppose, but even that itself is kind of "against" how they were building up Garrosh. In cataclysm, they were at least painting him as an honorable, if still drastic, guy. In MoP he retained at least a scrap of this... but consuming eldritch dangerous powers is basically the same stunt his father pulled... It would behoove Blizzard to at least make some passing attempt to make Garrosh realize this as he's utilizing the Sha. If he just goes full rage mode and we kill him, it'd be such a flat way for a character to go down. Even Lei Shen would prove more interesting a guy than him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Varian disarmed Garrosh in almost every fight , IF blizz wants the final encounter to contain the faction leaders that are involved in the rebellion + alliance, then you must realise that Garrosh needs to be a lot more powerful than he normally was to pose a challenge for a couple of faction leaders + 25/10/whatever heroes. Because his normal self almost got soloed by Varian every time, not much power there .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    As a fan of imaginative storytelling, I hate this.
    Do you get that game of thrones is based on the war of roses?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I suppose, but even that itself is kind of "against" how they were building up Garrosh. In cataclysm, they were at least painting him as an honorable, if still drastic, guy. In MoP he retained at least a scrap of this... but consuming eldritch dangerous powers is basically the same stunt his father pulled... It would behoove Blizzard to at least make some passing attempt to make Garrosh realize this as he's utilizing the Sha. If he just goes full rage mode and we kill him, it'd be such a flat way for a character to go down. Even Lei Shen would prove more interesting a guy than him.
    Well, there was a strong Old God influence in the middle, I think. If the Sha of Pride (aka Y'shaarj) started to whisper him from the landing on Pandaria, that little but decisive switch from drastic and honorable, to drastic and dishonorable becomes plausible. That doesn't change the fact that his personality was headed towards an end like this, the reference to Grom by Blizzard writer is quite clear imo.

Garrosh will probably lose control of his Sha/Old God powers between 20-30%.
    Similar how C'thun's corruption took over Cho'gall in the last part of the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO they were both right and wrong to confirm that Garrosh wasn't/isn't/won't be corrupted by Y'shaarj. It all depends on how you look at it, and how well you know the Sha (and subsequently, Y'shaarj).

As we learn when we first set foot on Pandaria, the Sha cannot possess anything without its signature facet being present. Then, it amplifies those aspects to a destructive, malicious point. Nazgrim's doubts when his airship is destroyed enable him to become possessed. There doesn't seem to be much consistency in how much latency there can be between when one is possessed by a Sha and when it manifests, Emperor Shaohao admitted he never defeated the Sha of Pride but there is nothing to suggest he was possessed or corrupted by it, either. He certainly didn't physically manifest any Sha mutations, as others have (unless you count the mists that surrounded all of Pandaria, though whether this qualifies as a Sha mutation or not is arguable).

What we don't yet know is when or if Garrosh was possessed by the Sha of Pride. If it has already happened, it could be said that up until now the Sha has only amplified Garrosh's pride and arrogance - manifesting as his ideals of Horde superiority over Alliance and Orc superiority over all other Horde races. If it hasn't already happened, maybe his dickishness has just grown exponentially all on its own (not entirely unbelievable, either). Perhaps it will happen when he does something with the artifact he recovered from the Vale of Eternal Blossoms?

Given Blizzard's penchant for theatrics, I imagine Garrosh will remain un-mutated right up until you reach his chamber in SoO. It'll be the pinnacle moment where the insult of the insurgents to his sense of pride is at its peak, and in his apoplexy he will be consumed by the Sha.

That's my take on the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    holy..shit O.o

Okay.. I really am two minds about this here.

On the one hand, this shows us that the developers actually lied. We were told, around half a year ago, that Garrosh would not be another corrupted bad guy influenced by outside forces.

And yet here we are, with Garrosh who actually IS corrupted by outside forced, the sha, making him into...

omg, I can't believe I'm saying this.. Sharrosh.

I really am two minds about this. Well one hand I'm kind of glad, because it shows Garrosh, in all the shit he tampered with, he really has meddled with things to far, and now became corrupted by it.
    But the fact blizzard told us he wouldn't become corrupted by something months ago, that he'd just be 'A Bad Orc', shows them going back on there promise.

It kind of pissed me off tbh, knowing something they promise us, they withdraw on and fall to obvious cliques.

It just makes me wonder, are they intending to do other things the same way, kill certain characters because players bitch about them, all to satisfy? Sigh..
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    holy..shit O.o

On the one hand, this shows us that the developers actually lied. We were told, around half a year ago, that Garrosh would not be another corrupted bad guy influenced by outside forces.

And yet here we are, with Garrosh who actually IS corrupted by outside forced, the sha, making him into...

I really am two minds about this. Well one hand I'm kind of glad, because it shows Garrosh, in all the shit he tampered with, he really has meddled with things to far, and now became corrupted by it.
    But the fact blizzard told us he wouldn't become corrupted by something months ago, that he'd just be 'A Bad Orc', shows them going back on there promise.

It kind of pissed me off tbh, knowing something they promise us, they withdraw on and fall to obvious cliques.

It just makes me wonder, are they intending to do other things the same way, kill certain characters because players bitch about them, all to satisfy? Sigh..
    are you finally broken, trassk
    did blizzard do what i could not
    *spooky finger waggling*
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    holy..shit O.o

Well for once we agree, i also hate this entire "lolcorruption".

Its a shame they just can't give him normal orcish fight, just throw some elite forces in. But no, we need old gods, ancient powers and forbidden artifacts. As always.
    I actually really wonder how they gonna reedem orcs as race after this.

I guess its a first for you. Now imagine your an Alliance fan, and you've been hearing this for every patch since Cataclysm beta. I am not surprised they lied/changed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    are you finally broken, trassk
    did blizzard do what i could not
    *spooky finger waggling*
    why would garrosh being corrupted break me? really?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Garrosh would not willingly give himself up to be empowered by an evil entity.

Garrosh knew about his farthers path and would not make Grom's mistakes.
    Said no one ever, especially Garrosh

why would garrosh being corrupted break me? really?
    because you said you were actually displeased with the direction that blizzard was taking the story
    this is rare enough that i'm considering breaking out the bubbly
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I guess its a first for you. Now imagine your an Alliance fan, and you've been hearing this for every patch since Cataclysm beta. I am not surprised they lied/changed it.
    don't get me wrong I'm glad to fight and if we need to finish Garrosh off but... REALLY? Sharrosh?? I thought they would be more creative then the most obvious clique.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    because you said you were actually displeased with the direction that blizzard was taking the story
    this is rare enough that i'm considering breaking out the bubbly
    I've been displeased with the direction they've been taking it for a while now, why would this be any different? Honestly, what makes you tick?
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    don't get me wrong I'm glad to fight and if we need to finish Garrosh off but... REALLY? Sharrosh?? I thought they would be more creative then the most obvious clique.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 12:55 PM ----------

I've been displeased with the direction they've been taking it for a while now, why would this be any different? Honestly, what makes you tick?
    Btw its not really a corruption is it... he asks basicly forces Y'sjaar onto himself by using the heart... he empowers himself, Corruption is what I say would be unwillingly being taken into a dark direction.
    Garrosh hunted for a power in Pandaria ever since 5.1 basicly if not earlyer and now he uses it, so he willingly chose...right?