Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crayo View Post
    Now if ES is dispelled, it'll do the final burst damage on the target it's placed upon. Currently, once it's dispelled, it's dispelled. Think UA dispel minus the silence.

EDIT: Also, what's the deal with burden of guilt change? Are we getting the current version as baseline or?
    Probably not.
    Burden of guilt is useless for anything other than slowing demos.
    For years people have been crying for rets to have slows, but 90% of them didn't realise that we really don't need one.

I'm just sad about giving up a 30s CD HoJ, but having a second CC off the DR will be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is going to be awesome. paladin fear bitches!!!!!!
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

tbh I needed to download a mod to help me track inq. Those casual computer illiterate players that don't use mods I can see would have difficulty in maintaining it

But these changes are amazing! but remember other classes are getting changes to...

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    tbh I needed to download a mod to help me track inq. Those casual computer illiterate players that don't use mods I can see would have difficulty in maintaining it

But these changes are amazing! but remember other classes are getting changes to...
    Some of the changes to other classes are huge nerfs.
    They're getting rid of decreased damage from shadowform, moonkin form and the lock one.

Deleted
    I'm just sad about giving up a 30s CD HoJ, but having a second CC off the DR will be better.
    I can't see the fear staying as the notes say. It's way too strong for it to be a 15 second CD, but I suppose it would DR with blinding light.
    Burden of Guilt isn't too bad for and I tend to use it now and again when playing 2's.

1 minute Inquisition is great. It's such a boring mechanic to maintain every 30 seconds and quickly becomes a chore.

There's also something fishy about them buffing Guardian to 3 minutes... I mean it's a massive buff.
    Last edited by mmocf1819e4e86; 2013-06-12 at 03:58 AM.

Deleted
    Inquisition change is awesome for PvP and a minor DPS gain for PvE I suppose (I just PvE as prot, only go ret for some farm content and for the lulz).

GoAK change is so good I can barely believe it. Burden of Guild sounds awesome too and I'll probably not mind losing my VERY loved FoJ for that beauty (specially if the instant cast glyph remains available).

ES change will probably only be helpful for the PvE dudes caught in the middle of unwanted world PvP, though, I just can't see myself not using Prism in arenas.

Honestly, these are great changes and I'll be very happy if it goes live as it is (though there will probably be changes because we just can't have nice things ).

These are awesome changes!

The only thing that is missing is the Cata version of Sacred Shield. If they add that back Ret will be in a perfect spot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    These are awesome changes!

The only thing that is missing is the Cata version of Sacred Shield. If they add that back Ret will be in a perfect spot.
    Probably yea, but I don't want them to overdo it and make us 5.1 Warriors or 5.3 Hunters and thenjust get nerfed to being support bitches with a 3-minute killswitch. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    Probably not.
    Burden of guilt is useless for anything other than slowing demos.
    For years people have been crying for rets to have slows, but 90% of them didn't realise that we really don't need one.

Except for the fact that Fear DRs with our blind.

Wait .... let me get this right ..... I can go ret PvP and not get laughed at anymore

Is it national troll day? 3 min CD on Guardian? Either a typo or they haven't finished changing it. That is an INSANE buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is all really great news for ret, although for the bigger picture I think unleashing even more CC into wow is a poor decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Probably yea, but I don't want them to overdo it and make us 5.1 Warriors or 5.3 Hunters and thenjust get nerfed to being support bitches with a 3-minute killswitch. >.<
    I really doubt these changes are going to make Ret OP. Most of them are just quality of life changes that we should have had anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Except for the fact that Fear DRs with our blind.
    I referenced FoJ in the post.
    It is safe to say I meant off the DR with stun DR, considering it is in the exact same sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big changes I see are essentially A) 3 min Guardian (Decent burst buff), B) Inquisition buff.

Turn Evil? The glyph seems to be changing to be something like the current inquisition glyph. Essentially Burden of Guild is becoming a repentence that makes the target flee in fear (Turn evil breaks on damage, any damage. Test it out) No instant Turn Evil guys.

So you can A) Spec Repentence so it doesnt break on Censure if you talent that (only certain comps would), or B) Spec Burden of Guilt for a fail fear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Oh dear moar fear....

I think there was an audible *THUD* as my jaw hit my desk while reading those notes. I pretty much only PvE (sans that damn Legendary quest step...) and certainly not at the top level, but I'm loving the proposed changes to Inquisition, Guardian, and Unbreakable Spirit.

Honestly, I'm worried that the changes are going to end up being too much...

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    I referenced FoJ in the post.
    It is safe to say I meant off the DR with stun DR, considering it is in the exact same sentence.
    Well I'm just saying it's not really as huge a buff as people think. You gain one CC, but it's going to make your other CC weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The big changes I see are essentially A) 3 min Guardian (Decent burst buff), B) Inquisition buff.

Turn Evil? The glyph seems to be changing to be something like the current inquisition glyph. Essentially Burden of Guild is becoming a repentence that makes the target flee in fear (Turn evil breaks on damage, any damage. Test it out) No instant Turn Evil guys.

So you can A) Spec Repentence so it doesnt break on Censure if you talent that (only certain comps would), or B) Spec Burden of Guilt for a fail fear...
    All fears can break on damage. That is nothing new. It's still awesome to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Revvo View Post
    Well I'm just saying it's not really as huge a buff as people think. You gain one CC, but it's going to make your other CC weaker.
    I don't think you understand what this change actually means.
    Blind is practically useless for us anyway.

If it stays at the 15 second CD, then that means a full 8 second fear every 16 seconds so DR doesn't effect it will mean 3 fears per minute at 8 seconds each = 24 seconds of fear on a target, with 6 seconds of stun and 3 of disorient if you use it.

That is much more than what we have now.