Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

5.4 Changes

So how about that silencing Shot change. Lol. I know they literally just came out with this stuff but seriously. First Stampede Now this. Bleh

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as there are no interrupt heavy bosses in Siege of Orgrimmar, I won't care as much as if it were removed right now.

On a side note, judging by the icons we're gonna be getting another super shweeet looking tier set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aHeeRo View Post
    So how about that silencing Shot change. Lol. I know they literally just came out with this stuff but seriously. First Stampede Now this. Bleh
    The dark times where you had to go MM in a 10 man and the PVP as MM mostly are here (not that I disliked MM PVP).
    Really dislike, interrupting is the bread and butter for every class.

Eh i always like having It in fights for people who miss or for Soloing. And Ive haven't been a big fan of the Tier sets since Mop Hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    if youre bm you lose one layer of cc. but that opens up wyvern stink. or intimidation. speaking of which does ws dr with frost trap?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Lufi View Post
    The dark times where you had to go MM in a 10 man and the PVP as MM mostly are here (not that I disliked MM PVP).
    Really dislike, interrupting is the bread and butter for every class.
    Pvp i really enjoyed MM during Cata. Never was a fan of MM Pve. Huge fan of BM for everything thou

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the tier set bonuses look interesting -

Item - Hunter T16 2P Bonus (New) Arcane Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 2 seconds per cast.

Item - Hunter T16 4P Bonus (New) Explosive Shot casts have a 40% chance to increase the number of charges your next Lock and Load effect has. Instant Aimed shots reduce the cast time of your next Aimed Shot by 50%. Offensive abilities used during Bestial Wrath increase all damage dealt by 2%, stacking up to 15 times.

As it is, every class's set bonuses look OP as hell, so I hope these will stick.

I really don't like Silencing Shot going back to Marksmanship. It's not that I don't think it deserves it or is a good change, but right now playing Marksmanship is NOT fun at all. It's rotation is abysmal with all of the extra talents added into it on top of Readiness resetting it. It's not a fun spec and it offers very, very little. It's just awful to play and needs a revamp. Survival's perfect to play right now (aside from the bloated talents jammed in our rotation like Glaive Toss and Dire Beast) and I loved being able to interrupt on it.

I was hoping that Survival would have some time in the sun, for PvP. Too bad.

But it's the earliest possible time, and things will definitely change.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post

Ya. Still wayyy Early in terms of Whats permanent changes. I had to tell myself that after i read some of the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post

You forget the large damage buff to arcane shot is huge for survival since the mastery for survival buffs elemental dmg. Currently in my pvp gear I'm at 25% mastery buffed so it looks like arcane shot will hit like a truck for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    You forget the large damage buff to arcane shot is huge for survival since the mastery for survival buffs elemental dmg. Currently in my pvp gear I'm at 25% mastery buffed so it looks like arcane shot will hit like a truck for survival.
    Its quite good for MM burst patterns as well. The spec, the last time I played it had a rotation like this.

!aimed shot>Chimera Shot>Arcane shot then steady shot to full focus and repeat. This when combined with cds created a very powerful burst window that encouraged you to use Fervor for more pressure. Not only was your burst healing intensive but your cds were relatively low. It might not be as good but with the new changes to the frost trap aura glyph. Oh they things that will be done with frost trap under a target, and readiness scatter trap on on healer.... yum... you could even set it up so that you dont have to use frost trap. Scatter the healer, drop a blind arrow on top them followed by a explosive trap. You could kill there or then readiness to use freezing trap on the healer. Now that is a cc chain.

Interesting...

Arcane Shot had its damage and focus cost increased by 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im liking the arcane shot change, seeing as at some point i wasn't using steady shot AT ALL in pvp with thrill of the hunt. THe silencing shot change bothers me though as I wanted to do pvp as survival, which is a real shame :/

Deleted
    The 2-set bonus is exceptionally weak, although our current bonuses (both of them) are also exceptionally weak, so trading up shouldn't be a problem.

The main complaint is that, once again, the set bonuses provide no real flavour or play-style alterations. Ho Hum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute crap, changing Silencing Shot to MM only? Great..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    I really don't like Silencing Shot going back to Marksmanship. It's not that I don't think it deserves it or is a good change, but right now playing Marksmanship is NOT fun at all. It's rotation is abysmal with all of the extra talents added into it on top of Readiness resetting it. It's not a fun spec and it offers very, very little. It's just awful to play and needs a revamp. Survival's perfect to play right now (aside from the bloated talents jammed in our rotation like Glaive Toss and Dire Beast) and I loved being able to interrupt on it.
    This, so much this. MOP really changed things for us. Change.
    I really hope for a revamp next exanpansion because all I do is watch CD's.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2013-06-12 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Interesting...
    If your issue is seeing the point, think Bestial Wrath focus dump.

With BM hunters losing Silencing Shot How are we now supposed to catch Exotic pets like Hutia that require a casting Interrupt?

Sorry I know most of you are concerned about PVP and PVE changes but I'm bit of a pet collecting farmer.
    Last edited by paranoid101; 2013-06-12 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Scatter Shot works with Hutia, afaik, so that shouldn't be a problem. Losing Silencing Shot in general really sucks for soloing and Brawlers.