Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good and needed nerf to bring hunters down a bit and make them more balanced. BM has too many things as it is, it's good to spread it out a little bit to MM to make that spec suck less. Glad to see some spec balance.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Good and needed nerf to bring hunters down a bit and make them more balanced. BM has too many things as it is, it's good to spread it out a little bit to MM to make that spec suck less. Glad to see some spec balance.
    It's not good at all. They've avoided the true problem once again and nerfed the wrong things, they have no idea how to balance the game.

Deleted
    If you're not MM, it's going to be very hard to solo the pandaren-type rares now since even if you stun or disorient the healing cast, they can cast it again when the CC wears off. Since it heals them to max HP when it goes off you have a _very_ small window to burst them down now.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    After having it for the last year now, I can't go the rest of this expansion being the interrupt-lacking stepchild of World of Warcraft. I do not PvP (except when ill-conceived legendary quest lines dictate). I do, however, use Silencing Shot in PvE constantly. This ridiculous change will hurt hunter representation in 10-man raiding as well as cripple solo capability.

Those Pandaren rares are already a serious pain with their Avoidance-ignoring raid-boss-level spin kick. And now they'll also be immortal if you're a SV or BM hunter.

Instead of fixing the spec they are pulling stuff like this to try and get people to play it. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Estia View Post
    Scatter Shot works with Hutia, afaik, so that shouldn't be a problem. Losing Silencing Shot in general really sucks for soloing and Brawlers.
    Thing is I've found that with scatter shot the mobs just starts casting again once its worn off

Hope this doesn't force us to go MM for some brawler's fights, and the new proving ground fights.
    I hate hate hate not having an interrupt. 24s CD seems bad enough in pugs where noone seems to even have their interrupt on their bars.

edit: Would Ahoo'ru even be possible without an interrupt? Can he be stunned/disoriented?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    Hope this doesn't force us to go MM for some brawler's fights, and the new proving ground fights.
    I hate hate hate not having an interrupt. 24s CD seems bad enough in pugs where noone seems to even have their interrupt on their bars.

edit: Would Ahoo'ru even be possible without an interrupt? Can he be stunned/disoriented?
    I think he is, can't recall.

Anyway it's monkey time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    Instead of fixing the spec they are pulling stuff like this to try and get people to play it. Sad.
    This. They don't actually change the spec at all just put good talents in there to try to get us to swap to it. But in the real world it'll never happen unless MM becomes as good or Better than BM/SV

Don't worry guys, at least we still have Nether Rays for a baseline interrupt.
    Who am I kidding, this change blows. Give us intim, binding and wyvern as level 30 talents, silence shot baseline and figure out another way to balance PVP other than gutting our utility in other aspects of the game.

Really hope the silencing shot change doesn't happen but the rest is ok.
    Arcane shot change is ok, and happy abt the buff to Spirit Bond.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice if all specs got an Interrupting Shot that wouldn't have silence, just simple interrupts. For MM Silencing Shot would simply replace it.

Also, I can't see how Intimidation can compete with Binding shot. Well, there might be *some* merit for PvP, but in PvE there's just no competition.

5(3 pvp) second AoE stun / control on 45-second cooldown, with "skill shot" option of immediate stun
    VS
    3-second single-target pet-dependent stun on 1 minute cooldown.

Longer stun, shorter cooldown, aoe, and doesn't depend on your pet being on the target...
    Old Gods made me do it.

Didn't blizzard say that every class and spec has a interrupt? If Silencing shot goes to MM only what is BM and SV's interupt, I know when MoP got released I used SS for the panda rares to stop the heals and in the brawlgar arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derax View Post
    Didn't blizzard say that every class and spec has a interrupt? If Silencing shot goes to MM only what is BM and SV's interupt, I know when MoP got released I used SS for the panda rares to stop the heals and in the brawlgar arena.

While it's far from Ideal, non- MM hunters still have access to 3 mutually exclusive interrupts, in the form of pet special skills.

So thats gorilla, moth or nether ray which probable is the best version.

Deleted
    Sadly you can't really use a Gorilla or Nether Ray in 10 man as your setup most likely requires you to use a specific pet for buffs/debuffs.

Although this change blows. Make Silencing Shot baseline and remove the actual silence and just make it a standard interrupt (maybe change it's name as well). Put Binding Shot, Intimidation and Wyvern Sting as the lvl 30 talents. As for fixing MM, just ask the community Blizzard. I'm sure there are a lot of people with good ideas on how to make MM stronger and more viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Evixy View Post
    Although this change blows. Make Silencing Shot baseline and remove the actual silence and just make it a standard interrupt (maybe change it's name as well). Put Binding Shot, Intimidation and Wyvern Sting as the lvl 30 talents. As for fixing MM, just ask the community Blizzard. I'm sure there are a lot of people with good ideas on how to make MM stronger and more viable.
    That's also what I've been thinking ages ago as well. Rename it to 'Interrupting Shot' and remove the blanket silence effect.

Deleted
    wtf MM is fun.. Silence shot exclusivity aside. From a pve standpoint there is nothing wrong with the MM rotation.

It's BM that feels clunky as hell, The signature Frenzy stack generation and interaction with pet still doesn't feel right.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    wtf MM is fun.. Silence shot exclusivity aside. From a pve standpoint there is nothing wrong with the MM rotation.
    The only "clunkiness" I feel with the MM rotation comes from Improved Steady Shot. Granted, it's more bearable in the post-AotF era, but it still feels clunky.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    It's BM that feels clunky as hell, The signature Frenzy stack generation and interaction with pet still doesn't feel right.
    Wow, different specs are fun and enjoyable for different people! Who knew? Sure would be nice if we got to choose the one we like to play rather than being dicked around in PvE by shortsighted PvP nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Thing is I've found that with scatter shot the mobs just starts casting again once its worn off
    That's been my experience as well, go try using scatter shot on any of the named mobs on the Isle of Thunder who you have to interrupt their casting and you'll see that as soon as its worn off they restart the initial cast. If they put this through say goodbye to some of those rare tames

Good change, BM should have never had SS.

I hope MM becomes the defacto pvp spec next patch.