Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gulder View Post
    Silencing Shot baseline marks o_o

oh god
    Thats the way it used to be.

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the Arcane Shot change. Makes Thrill of the Hunt significantly better than currently, helps BM avoid focus capping during BW/Hero.

HATE the loss of Silencing Shot for the good specs (lolMM). Every DPS class needs a baseline interrupt. It makes absolutely no sense for us to be the only DPS class in the game without one. Now we lose the option to even talent into one for the only specs that matter. Big thumbs down. If it's that much of a problem in PvP, remove the silence effect from player targets. This change also makes the L30 tier pretty much worthless for raiding outside of VERY niche circumstances, like Binding Shot on Will of the Emperor for example.

Love the Spirit Bond buff. It might actually have uses now for Sapphiron-esque constant raid damage bosses. Think tornado phase during Blade Lord. Especially since Iron Hawk will be a lot worse than now.

Set bonuses are meh. 4pc looks great for Survival, decent for BM, terrible for MM. 2pc looks okay-ish for BM/Surv and again, terrible for MM.

I don't fell like they'll accomplish anything about the default choice in the CC tier. Who would ever pick Intimidation over Binding Shot for PVP? A pet dependent 3s single target stun vs ground targetted aoe 3s stun!

Moving Silencing Shot to MM is just awful for soloing/brawler's guild. I wish Silencing Shot's interrupt effect was baseline with the talent providing a blanket silence instead.

I was worried about the Iron Hawk nerf, but then I noticed that Locks, Boomkins and Shadow Priests appear to be losing their reduction entirely.

I'm wondering if the niche Blizzard is settling on for melee is "takes less damage".

That sounds like a pretty terrible 2pc if it makes it to live. It would equal, what, maybe 1 more Rapid Fire over the course of an average fight?

10+ Year Old Account
    the silencing shot wont go through. only one spec with a interupt yeah no wont happen
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Blizzard seems to think RF is a better cooldown than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Well if you are spamming Arcanes during the CA phase when you know you have 2 RFs due to readiness you're a bad hunter and the 2pc isn't going to matter or affect your miserable dps in any manner.
    Feel free to link me your logs and I'll rip them apart in 1000 words. Once your 2 Rapid Fires are used using Aimed shot has a much lower value with the 2set. Even if once the final numbers are crunched and Aimed Shot is still better it makes the 2pc bonus very weak for MM compared to the other specs, which shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Blizzard seems to think RF is a better cooldown than it really is.
    That wasn't implied anywhere. It's also our best cooldowns now that Stampede damage is comparable to Dire Beast.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-06-12 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Feel free to link me your logs and I'll rip them apart in 1000 words. Once your 2 Rapid Fires are used using Aimed shot has a much lower value with the 2set. Even if once the final numbers are crunched and Aimed Shot is still better it makes the 2pc bonus very weak for MM compared to the other specs, which shouldn't happen.

That wasn't implied anywhere. It's also our best cooldowns now that Stampede damage is comparable to Dire Beast.
    It's implied by the fact that it's the focus of a 2 piece set bonus as if getting another rapid fire during a fight is even remotely close to a big deal for any of the specs. Easily the dumbest 2piece this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt RF is more damage for BM/Surv than Dire Beast or Stampede. Even if RF is a large amount of haste, and even if Stampede is gutted beyond belief now, I still think it's more damage than a single RF.

Our cooldowns are largely terrible now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post

Uh oh we have a real Barney Bad Ass here who thinks his 6/13 means he can do no wrong.

It's kind of strange that they immediately and openly freaked out about a passive talent being on top (Blink Strikes) after reducing the class skill cap with nearly every single other hunter change since MoP.

I said this in another thread, but going back to the start of MoP, they've nerfed Rabid, Lynx Rush, Blink Strike, Stampede, and now they've buffed Arcane/Cobra. You can only play the, "We're going to replace burst with an ability that does steady damage over time and can't be stacked with anything" card so many times before the class just becomes a monotonous mess where min/maxing just stops mattering. That's what's really kind of irritating. The, "But this isn't really a nerf to your overall damage" argument gets really lame when each one of those makes the class less fun to play.

I really dislike the 2 piece.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    I really dislike the 2 piece.
    I agree. 4p looks sexy though.

Saw all the other tier bonuses and was like, wow cool. Then I got to hunter, yea...uh bleh? The four piece looks nice though.

I'm sure the 2 piece will change. It is awful in its current state, especially with arcane shot increasing to 30 focus.

Deleted
    Please, please, please. Revert the Silencing Shot change. Or make it baseline for all specs and let us keep Binding Shot.

It is really multiple-personality when it comes to Marks. 2pc favors Arcane and 4pc favors casting Aimed Shots. Screwed one way or another. Either they may rethink the 2pc bonus (as it is kinda lame) or you could tack on Aimed Shot to it with a larger cooldown reduction (say 4-5 seconds).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaon View Post
    It is really multiple-personality when it comes to Marks. 2pc favors Arcane and 4pc favors casting Aimed Shots. Screwed one way or another. Either they may rethink the 2pc bonus (as it is kinda lame) or you could tack on Aimed Shot to it with a larger cooldown reduction (say 4-5 seconds).
    4 piece only applies to instant Aimed Shots. So Arcane Shot spam is the only way to go. Whether it's beneficial to spam Arcane Shots in your 2nd Rapid Fire even in the Careful Aim phase is something that I haven't looked at yet. Pretty sure nothing will change though.

Realllyyyy hope 2pc doesn't go live