Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    What a joke. I have no idea why they're trying to push Combat into pvp. They should focus on fixing Sub the real rogue pvp spec instead of trash mashing specs like Combat.
    sir ur an idiot its helping rogues in pve more than pvp now u dont have to worry o am i gonna hit that other crap if i killing spree helllooo doggies in msv?! it goes every were and ur chained to some one guess what u wont be able to use killing spree cause they cant dance around with u. so plz rethink ur way of thinking before thinking o how its gonna effect pvp when it really more effects pve more than pvp for more pple work with subt for pvp and assa for pvp anyway so hush ur face sir and rethink again.

Infracted: flaming
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-06-13 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by powatwoopa View Post
    sir ur an idiot its helping rogues in pve more than pvp now u dont have to worry o am i gonna hit that other crap if i killing spree helllooo doggies in msv?! it goes every were and ur chained to some one guess what u wont be able to use killing spree cause they cant dance around with u. so plz rethink ur way of thinking before thinking o how its gonna effect pvp when it really more effects pve more than pvp for more pple work with subt for pvp and assa for pvp anyway so hush ur face sir and rethink again.

wow some1 is butthurt alot , how about u rethink before u post aswell for example as some1 mention before Prey on the weak + t16 + KS buff and ofc if u have any little brain to use it chained with things like trinkets for example u will almost walk out there and one shot ppl , so please by all means rethink before u bash other ppl

Please be calm in the tone you respond to angry posts - the report button is your best tool. -Mugajak
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-06-13 at 05:42 PM.

Disable pve bonuses in PVP lets it scale on players = Problem Solved
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

i hardly think they will disable pve bonus in pvp , but what is quite sad is blizz keeps try to convince they want to make pvp separate from pve but with the recent changes all proves the contrary , now at 1st look our KS + set bonus sure looks amaizing but then again we sacrifice quite alot to get it the 4 set pvp power and so on but thats not the only problem the Sub aswell gets a buff to be able to reapply FW at every 4 backstabs is aswell quite nice and the 2set bonus will provide u with plenty power to sustain backstab even when u dont have enough to land a kill or to force cds

all in all i think the T16 Rogue looks amaizing for pvp the way they made it ofc pve is nice aswell glad we didnt got TotT bonus , but things to be changed is just the 1st peak so ye plenty of time to revert some of the things

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    What a joke. I have no idea why they're trying to push Combat into pvp. They should focus on fixing Sub the real rogue pvp spec instead of trash mashing specs like Combat.
    You do realize that you're lashing out over some cynical hypothesis, and not over Blizzard's clearly stated intentions, right? It's the equivalent of yelling at someone for turning left at a stop light for assuming that they're going to a mall several blocks away.

This change has heavy pve implications and is welcome in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Linneth View Post
    Give it another eight months and they'll carbon copy the "intelligent teleport" part of my suggestion.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post18965378
    This suggestion dates back to Lich King beta though, back when the move was on the PTR. A lot of rogues were like "make it single target without blade flurry". I've seen it over and over again through the years.

Not pooping on the idea, it's a good one- but it's vintage, arrived at independently by many rogues over the years.

If combat becomes popular do to this in pvp I'd said the cc immunity will likely be removed from killing spree.
    On live, spree selects all targets within 10 yards on press, and then hops between them- it's already usable in pvp. Spree is solid damage in pvp, but it happens over 3 seconds. I doubt we'll see the removal of the CC immunity- like blade storm, spree stops you from doing anything else (unlike bladestorm, it even chooses your movement).

Combat has been viable in seasons before, and it's one of the specs I have always liked most in pvp. It needs some other fixes- for instance, restless blades should work with kidney shot and recuperate- but overall it would be nice to see a rogue spec that isn't centered on the amazing power of shadow dance.

Combat pvp is not a "button mash spec", btw- you need to set up your kill window. Combat can't just stun stun stun with a full energy pool either. There's definitely room for both of these specs in pvp- they just need to do some work. The spree change is a solid start, but even that is really more about pvp. Right now, there's tons of times when you can't spree. This will reduce the number of times.

Will the T16 set bonus, assuming it even goes live, actually be desired in PvP? I'm not exactly sure. It's not the worst thing in the world now that tier is relatively easy to get (you can get your set bonus from LFR, FR, or legit raids, and all are equal in arena), but I do think that set bonuses from the PvP set should be desirable in pvp. Ultimately, Killing Spree remains a move that can be countered a decent number of ways, and buffing it by 30% (hell, most of that 30% is weighted at the tail and can be immuned or escaped) won't change that.

well i hope they dont nerf t15 hidden bonus for combat just let it as is. i wouldn't mind my old t15 to be BiS for combat we need to see how many bosses allow KS to be used on CD
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Single Target KS + 50% Damage (buffed Nightstalker), time it with Red light (30% damage) = Dead Enemy
    I am already doing 3/4 burst in comparison to sub before 5.4, this would be interesting once patch hits

Ok, I just went and tested Nightstalker, because I don't think that works with spree.

After testing, I can't ENTIRELY eliminate the possibility that the first killing spree hit is boosted- but remember, this strike is not even on par with a sinister normally. In any event, the offhands and subsequent mainhands DEFINITELY are not.

Remember, killing spree is not an attack- it's a buff you cast on yourself, and that buff does the attacks.

There was some testing (with logs) involving KSp and Nightstalker on EJ some time ago. I can't find the post, but the conclusion was the damage boost only applied to the first hit.

This was in the context of using Vanish > Ns/KSp for a damage boost over Vanish > SF/Amb. It didn't work.

I'd expect that it still works the same way.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-06-17 at 06:45 PM.

I would believe that. As far as I can tell, if I autoattack with NS active that first mainhand will get the boost too, so it would probably be like that. In any event, it was very obvious that neither the first offhand nor the remaining hits of any sort had such a boost.