Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Our burst is mediocre at best and we have the weakest sustained damage of any melee as arms. This has directly translated to PvE as well. We need flat out buffs to OP and MS. It really sucks nuts when a csmashed ms hits for less than a crusader strike.

    And we really REALLY need more grip. Blizzard needs to stop throwing a million and one charges our way. Charges and grip are not mutually exclusive as we've seen with the death knight and feral tool kits (dks can immune roots/slows with ams and can also pick death's advance + have double death grip). Ret has a FAR easier time sticking to it's targets right now than warriors.
    read my post above you- this time we agree .

  2. #182
    I don't see anything that could help with the pvp issues. At least nothing worthwhile, just small tweaks. Oh well, I'll have to stick to my ww monk.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    lawlwut. Obliterate hits for like 376% Wep damage, increased by 25% with diseases. No way MS should hit that hard.
    why do you feel that way about MS?did you stop and think that might be part of the reason why arms is so bad in pve right now,because it is.MS is on a 6sec cd and is weak for the main attack of an arms warrior.MS needs to be buffed back up like it was back in BC,then you have a scary attack that people would fear.it can only be used one every 6 secs = it should hit really really hard.it would be a sustained dps increase not so much for burst.

    i been saying this shit for a long time,blizz needs to un nerf MS.even if they keep the healing debuff low,the damage should be increased.

  4. #184
    I was just thinking about being able to get 2-3 obliterates in a row that hit for loads more than MS thanks to killing machine...and I wonder why MS should be hitting for so much less? All of our attacks do "average" or low damage (OP), none of them stand out except when you pop reck/banner.

    I would like colossus smash uptime to be our time to feel awesome, the way a DK getting an oblit killing machine proc feels awesome. Everything just feels like the same ability with a different name, there are no "high points"...outside of reck/banner, again.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-06-23 at 03:56 PM.

  5. #185
    I don't know personally I'd prefer them as well to move away from the whole throwing fluffy pillows in rapid succession at the target thing. MS average hits are just quite pathetic.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I was just thinking about being able to get 2-3 obliterates in a row that hit for loads more than MS thanks to killing machine...and I wonder why MS should be hitting for so much less? All of our attacks do "average" or low damage (OP), none of them stand out except when you pop reck/banner.

    I would like colossus smash uptime to be our time to feel awesome, the way a DK getting an oblit killing machine proc feels awesome. Everything just feels like the same ability with a different name, there are no "high points"...outside of reck/banner, again.
    there is no reason why MS should not hit much much harder.its just blizz refuses to un nerf things after they nerf them.buffing MS would be the ebst way to increase warriors damage without over buffing burst.MS =6 sec cd-the cd limits its burst.

    the nerfing of MS over the years has been one of my biggest "hates" on blizz.another one would be the normalization of Armour.

  7. #187
    I wonder if they have thought about adding a few more healing abilities, since we only have what... 2 or 3 I think...


    Join us if you are Alliance on Darkspear, image says it all

  8. #188
    Banned Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    I was just thinking about being able to get 2-3 obliterates in a row that hit for loads more than MS thanks to killing machine...and I wonder why MS should be hitting for so much less? All of our attacks do "average" or low damage (OP), none of them stand out except when you pop reck/banner.

    I would like colossus smash uptime to be our time to feel awesome, the way a DK getting an oblit killing machine proc feels awesome. Everything just feels like the same ability with a different name, there are no "high points"...outside of reck/banner, again.
    Are you kidding me. Warrior sustained damage is fine, its not meant to be on par or above Frost DK's. People don't understand that Frost DK's have much more gcd downtime and less uptime than Warriors have. You can't compare Obliterate and Mortal Strike like they're abilities from the same class.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Are you kidding me. Warrior sustained damage is fine, its not meant to be on par or above Frost DK's. People don't understand that Frost DK's have much more gcd downtime and less uptime than Warriors have. You can't compare Obliterate and Mortal Strike like they're abilities from the same class.
    Been messing on the ptr as fury 1h/2h. I think the new set bonuses are going to help a lot with our single target. The 2 set is pretty much OP, as 2h fury i can barely dump my rage half the time as 1h its nigh on impossible, you can go into a cs with 40 rage and have no problems at all. Its bumped up my hs usage a lot and increased sustained outside of cs a lot as you have much more rage after a cs and less need for it before. Another thing the 4 pc seems pretty much the most rng thing ever, get a proc just as CS finishes and it'll wear off before the next one, but get a proc during bloodbath/trinket procs etc and CS and its huge. Overall just dummy testing as 2h it was around 4-5%+ of my dmg over a 15 minute fight.
    As for stormbolt its nice for 2h less so for 1h but I think with the 4 pc and how much extra HS usage were getting bloodbath seemed better.
    Overall though I think the new set bonuses are pretty huge for us and should close the gap with some other specs, the question is how much everyone else will scale with the new trinkets compared to us and how much going from crit stacking to mastery stacking is going to effect us.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Are you kidding me. Warrior sustained damage is fine, its not meant to be on par or above Frost DK's
    And how did frost dks earn the privilege of being meant to deal more damage ?

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Are you kidding me. Warrior sustained damage is fine, its not meant to be on par or above Frost DK's. People don't understand that Frost DK's have much more gcd downtime and less uptime than Warriors have. You can't compare Obliterate and Mortal Strike like they're abilities from the same class.
    My main is a frost DK. They absolutely do not have much more GCD downtime. 1 GCD every 20 seconds is not "much more", especially when you have a 1 sec GCD. Also, please do explain why we are "supposed" to be doing less dmg than Dks.

  12. #192
    I'm fairly confident we will use four piece procs immediately if we are enraged, and only delay them if the proc happens 3 seconds before cs or if we are not enraged.

    If they leave two piece as is, it will dramatically change our rotation. Going into cs with 50+ rage will cap you. Tracking enrages, trinket procs and maybe even dancing steel will be required, as we will be dumping out our rage in between cs just like we do inside of cs. Build up rage, trinket proc, dump rage, cs, dump rage again.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Tracking enrages, trinket procs and maybe even dancing steel will be required, as we will be dumping out our rage in between cs just like we do inside of cs. Build up rage, trinket proc, dump rage, cs, dump rage again.
    WS during enrage is better than HS during non-enraged CS (and obviously better than non-enraged WS), you should already be tracking enrage.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  14. #194
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    WS during enrage is better than HS during non-enraged CS (and obviously better than non-enraged WS), you should already be tracking enrage.
    You're about 1.5 tiers too late. You should be at 85%+ enrage anyway, and you are always enraged during a CS or you're a terrible warrior.

  15. #195
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,857
    Anyone else notice the bug where weapon swaps drop your health to basline in bg's? There goes testing anything for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Stereotypes
    Destiny

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You're about 1.5 tiers too late. You should be at 85%+ enrage anyway, and you are always enraged during a CS or you're a terrible warrior.
    The fact that it's a knowledge that you use more rarely doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention.
    Oh and btw, it doesn't require that much bad luck to have two CS in a row during which you don't have 100% enrage uptime.
    I grant you it's bad luck, but even with a reasonable amount of crit, it happens sometimes.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  17. #197
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    The fact that it's a knowledge that you use more rarely doesn't mean you shouldn't pay attention.
    Oh and btw, it doesn't require that much bad luck to have two CS in a row during which you don't have 100% enrage uptime.
    I grant you it's bad luck, but even with a reasonable amount of crit, it happens sometimes.
    You NEVER EVER should be unenraraged during a CS. if you are, you are bad.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    You NEVER EVER should be unenraraged during a CS. if you are, you are bad.
    So, first CS with no crit, I use Enrage.
    Second CS, again, no crit. What am I suppose to do ?
    And yes, it happens. The more you have gear, the less it happens. But still, it happens.

    I don't even mean that you don't get enraged at all during this CS, but that you are not enraged during the whole 6s of the CS.
    Warrior soloing spreadsheet.

    Ittle Dew (Any%): 12:13
    Super Meat Boy (Any%): 21:50

  19. #199
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    So, first CS with no crit, I use Enrage.
    Second CS, again, no crit. What am I suppose to do ?
    And yes, it happens. The more you have gear, the less it happens. But still, it happens.

    I don't even mean that you don't get enraged at all during this CS, but that you are not enraged during the whole 6s of the CS.
    There are a number of considerations you didn't consider, which explain why you are wrong. First, as enrage time goes up it becomes a none issue. You will effectively never be unenraged during any time in a CS where it matters. If your BT before CS doesn't crit, and you still CS, you are bad. If the CS doesn't crit, the next BT doesn't crit, and you don't have b.rage, you're probably misusing b.rage. The chance of it happening during two CS phases in a row are rather slim. Not to mention that if it DOES happen you're spending rage on unbuffed WS anyways, which means you won't have enough rage for HS anyways. Oh AND it assumes that you will actually be able to spend the rage you save on a WS anyway.

    Thus, it doesn't matter if you are playing correctly. You will not get into a situation where you don't HS during a CS because you are not enraged this tier (maybe next one with the tier 2p)
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-06-24 at 04:49 AM.

  20. #200
    Considering how many different abilities we have to use in quick succession to get the same amount of damage every single other class does with the press of a single ability, I think it's about damn time we got a 1 second gcd.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •