Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    they just nerfed the VR glyph.they buffed VR right?then nerf the glyph lmfao,typical.

Deleted
    They changed it and buffed impending victory to grant you a 20% heal all the time instead of 15% in fight and 20% for a kill to bring it more in line with victory rush (which always grants 20%).

The glyph itself only worked on kills, so it wasn't really interesting for pvp anyhow. To be honest i don't see why they'd remove the IV part from it, though.

Deleted
    reposting this in the correct thread:
    Am I correct that the RPPM mechanic change won't affect the opener with Feather? If I made no mistake feather should procc with ~20% chance on every ability+auto attack after the pull (without bl), so it still has a pretty high chance to procc in the first two BT rotations.

The RPPM change won't come until 5.4 hits, so currently, nothing will change.

Once these changes goes live we have two choices.
    Either we wait until Feather procs, or we don't.
    My best guess is that it's not worth waiting for the Feathers proc.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    The RPPM change won't come until 5.4 hits, so currently, nothing will change.

Once these changes goes live we have two choices.
    Either we wait until Feather procs, or we don't.
    My best guess is that it's not worth waiting for the Feathers proc.
    It really never has been worth it if going for consistency. If it doesn't proc in the first few BT cycles, just hope it procs soon and kiss your parse good bye.

Battle, Berserker and Defensive Stance [alternative: Warrior Stances] now have a 1.5-second cooldown (down from 3 seconds).
    Intervene now also breaks roots and snares when used.

Ohey, a non safeguard root break.

Deleted
    That's a really big deal for pvp, allowing us to take mass spell reflect /cheer

Warrior get quite a bunch of QoL improvements, if they also going to do something about our damage output it could become a good end-of-expansion patch.

only a gcd's worth cd on stances, nice. almost as good as it used to be, but i'll take any buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranthe View Post
    only a gcd's worth cd on stances, nice. almost as good as it used to be, but i'll take any buffs.
    And yet we remain way behind on damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

They haven't balanced damage yet, so don't even bother looking at it.

I really don't even understand the point of the stance CD change. Don't get me wrong its nice and all just unnecessary... I don't understand why they spend their time making changes like this instead of the QoL changes we actually want or need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    They haven't balanced damage yet, so don't even bother looking at it.
    People keep saying this but I find it hard to believe. 5.4 is coming out this month. Why would they wait this long to do number tweaking. What you see on the PTR is what we're basically getting.

With the shield changes, the intervene buff, the blood and thunder buff, nerfs to ferals and hunters, hamstring buff and stance gcd buff Warriors are going to be mid tier and in a pretty respectable position next patch. I dare say the class might be the most balanced (Not too OP, not too UP) since season 8. Warriors are performing very well on the ptr.

Flaks keeps saying that Warriors are behind on damage when I'm experiencing the opposite on the ptr. Every class is doing a ridiculous amount of damage because of the tier leap in pvp gear from item level 496 to 522 with little to no resilience changes. However, some classes like Rogues in particular are scaling very well with the gear and receive a bigger benefit over other classes like Frost DK's who scale terribly with gear. I made a post on the Rogue forums about how ridiculous Assassination Rogues are but that went on deaf ears for the most part.

Balancing coefficients for damage is always the last thing they do, I don't expect a whole lot of them, but they are coming.
    Your also talking about ability changes and how they relate to performance in PVP whereas I was specifically referring to straight damage tweaks. Warriors are behind on damage even on the PTR, they are in almost the exact same place they are in on live, because there have been no changes aside from gear.
    Rogues have scaled extremely well with gear this whole expansion. Nothing has changed in that department.

Arch, every class has gotten damage tweaks if Blizzard thought they need them as of 3 builds ago. Warriors will very likely not be getting them.

Ryan, ALL classes are doing an absurd amount of damage JUST because of the PvE trinkets. But you can still very clearly see how warriors are behind other classes when your hardest crits are up near the 200 thousands while other classes are doing 3-400k damage with single abilities with those trinkets procced (all in PvP).
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not pve trinkets. It keeps being repeated, but its not pve trinkets. I've been using pure pvp trinkets just like other people on the ptr. Some classes are just doing more ridiculous damage over others because they scale better with gear. It's a pve mechanic that will always affect pvp towards the end of the expansion. Assassination Rogues in particular are doing almost un-healable sustained pressure without cool downs.

I still don't see a problem with Warrior damage. They're buffing Warrior utility so the Warrior has an easier time dealing with ranged targets. The buffs to hamstring and intervene are products to that. Most of doing damage as a Warrior in pvp has always been about staying on a target as much as possible rather than raw damage output. The buffs to hamstring and intervene are products to that.

The buffs to warrior utility still put us woefully behind pretty much every other melee. Why? Because while we have plenty of ways to get to our targets we have literally only ONE way to stick to them and that has to be specced into. Every other melee doesn't have to suffer through this.

AND with this being the case, warrior damage SHOULD be above all other melee simply because we have the lowest uptime on our targets of any class in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors do not have the lowest uptime on their target. That title goes to DK's. There's a reason why Frost DK's can do higher damage over Warriors when they connect. It's because the specs damage is completely RNG based and easy prey for other classes to control. Arms however, is consistent damage dealer when it connects to a target. The damage is a flow of similar damaging attacks that can be hit almost every GCD with little to no resource cost. You can't just buff a classes sustained damage without nerfing its mobility or uptime or else it turns into another season 9 where Warriors can just sit on things and people die without cool downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    People keep saying this but I find it hard to believe. 5.4 is coming out this month. Why would they wait this long to do number tweaking. What you see on the PTR is what we're basically getting.
    Huh? Thought 10 man Heroic testing just started. Has 25 normal/heroic even been done?

For PVP, honestly, warriors are turning into oldschool rogues. If we spec right are pretty much control freaks. Shockwave, disrupting shout, storm bolt, (now we can after intervene change) mass spell reflect, charge stunning with blitz, aoe fear, disarm, personal spell reflect. It feels like we are being built to lock people down and "control" matches while our other dps handles most of the damage. Least thats the vibe im getting anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Arch, every class has gotten damage tweaks if Blizzard thought they need them as of 3 builds ago.
    It would seem quite dumb to just wait for the last second to throw on a huge number of changes but well maybe they are aiming for those well tested hotfixes two weeks before going live. Or even after but I wouldn't put it past them to still do changes. Still I agree if it had some form of priority I'd guess we would have seen more changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Huh? Thought 10 man Heroic testing just started. Has 25 normal/heroic even been done?
    Well 25 man testing wasn't done yet. 10 man heroic seems to make good progress I think there have been like four bosses already tested ? Didn't participate on all of them since I didn't have too much time due to work. Anyways not sure if I remember it correctly but I think they wrapped up 25man heroic testing really fast so while I would prefer a release in September it can just as well happen this month.

Deleted
    Gamescom in Cologne is around the corner (21.-25. august) and if Blizzard sticks to their past actions it's a likely date to bring a new content patch for two reasons.
    a) having something to present
    b) having a week of low profile raiding, there'll be only normalmode avaible so no rather serious guild would've to cancel their real life meetings

But of course it can also happens sometimes after that (before is rather unlikely from the sheer amount of stuff that has yet to be tested) if there are major flaws.

And for the class balance issues: what they've done up until now is only bringing in some quality of life changes (ie: 1 shroom for druids, handle of inquisition half as often and many, many more including several things for our beloved warriors) and new raiding mechanics.

Given the really bad scaling on both dps DK specc (they fixed the RPPM + Unholy Presence thing) and arms warrior it's very likely we'll see some rather large damage adjustments on top of a resilience buff so next season won't become another round of "instagib ffa". Just have a look at the dps charts, either directly at simcraft, via raidbots or Noxxic adjusted ones. The gap between top and flop is just to big to tolerate & ignore.

After all that's a really clever move, if they'd have thrown their dps fixes at us we probably would've only focussed on that instead of what's more important in their eyes (just because fixing entire mechanics takes longer than adding x% more damge via seasoned soldier in a hotfix).
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-04 at 11:07 AM.