Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ...
22
30
31
32
33
34
... LastLast
  1. #621
    Stood in the Fire Snuglz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montgomery, Texas
    Posts
    429
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Because fury isn't exactly what I'd consider impressive ?
    Yeah I agree, I think that they wanted to focus on Arms more than Fury and we will see if fury gets something but at this point I don't think so. My choice in spec will be based on what SoO has for us. If some of the harder fights are leaning toward arms then I will probably stay arms for the simplicity

  2. #622
    With the buff of 65 % f DW, we have an up around 8 k DPS. Still far away behind rogue. But at least finally an up compare to all the useless modifications they have done.

    On PTR with pre-gear stuff, I have got a difference of 40 kDPS with rogue (same pre-gear + 4 pt16) on a "fixed" boss. So it mean for R10 run progress, meleedps will be (again) rogue. Most of the bosses of SOo are distance compo (as always). I regret they do not give us back exec % dps.

  3. #623
    Now, I don't really pve much, but from what I read lurking in the warrior forums is that fury is pretty middle of the pack. So we get a DW buff (more for arms), but jesus H christ rogues and dks get buffs out the ass? Seems strange, and just when I thought warriors might be a favorable melee for pvp comps they buff dks to hell. Not too happy about classes that are already stronger than us getting better buffs than us.

  4. #624
    So I tried out Arms on the ptr, absolutely hated it. Boring rotation and slam hits like execute (or maybe more)...really hope they don't make it better than fury.

  5. #625
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    Yeah I agree, I think that they wanted to focus on Arms more than Fury and we will see if fury gets something but at this point I don't think so. My choice in spec will be based on what SoO has for us. If some of the harder fights are leaning toward arms then I will probably stay arms for the simplicity
    Well that would be certainly a logical decision. Would probably do the same given how much more forgiving arms is but as I see they already nerfed slam and if there are no other changes the question which warrior spec I play during progress might not even come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Now, I don't really pve much, but from what I read lurking in the warrior forums is that fury is pretty middle of the pack. So we get a DW buff (more for arms), but jesus H christ rogues and dks get buffs out the ass? Seems strange, and just when I thought warriors might be a favorable melee for pvp comps they buff dks to hell.
    Don't really see a huge issue with dks getting buffs at least from a pve pov. All plate dps specs sit in comparable situations damage wise.
    Rogues on the other hand I am not really convinced they need huge amounts of help but I suppose at least a melee class doing well.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-08-16 at 01:42 PM.

  6. #626
    Well slam got its expected nerf, seems its 275% wep damage now which is still a buff over live just not as much. Surprised they haven't nerfed deepwounds yet as its the main problem for arms' overpowered aoe on ptr.

  7. #627
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    Well slam got its expected nerf, seems its 275% wep damage now which is still a buff over live just not as much. Surprised they haven't nerfed deepwounds yet as its the main problem for arms' overpowered aoe on ptr.
    Link please? that is just absurd..

  8. #628
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Link please? that is just absurd..
    Don't know if there is one but it is nerfed on the ptr. Maybe they buff op now to levels where it doesn't feel like throwing fluffy bunnies at your target but well I am not holding my breath for it.

  9. #629
    Mechagnome Requiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Link please? that is just absurd..
    Its 275% at 25 rage, it isn't on any patch notes but its on the ptr (you have to spec arms to see it)

  10. #630
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Don't know if there is one but it is nerfed on the ptr.
    Wow, you are right, just logged on and it shows as 275% wep dmg with a rage cost of 25.

    At least they reduced the rage cost..

  11. #631
    Quote "For Arms, we reduced the cost of Thunder Clap, buffed Sweeping Strikes, and gave Slam a cleave ability. We didn’t think Fury needed much attention overall, though we did change the animation system to allow them to dual-wield polearms."

  12. #632
    Epic! Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Long Island New York, USA
    Posts
    1,604
    Honestly Slam needed to be lowered. It was way too powerful even more powerful than Execute during CS stage. They're buffing Deep Wounds to compensate for it.

    Still waiting for them to do something about Heroic Throw. It would be nice if it at least did something like applying a sundering effect.
    "Time to work soldiers."
    Coroner - Metamorphosis Metamorphosis
    My favorite song since 11/24/2014
    My 4th metal playlist, My Megadeth playlist
    Warrior Scumclass Rogue

  13. #633
    Stood in the Fire Snuglz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Montgomery, Texas
    Posts
    429
    As far as Fury goes, with the change to RPPM trinket and the new 2/4 piece I think fury could be pretty good IF we were also to get a couple of changes to help our quality of life.

    -CS cannot be parried
    -BT gets a increase in dmg (I have two heroic Uroe and it only hits for average 88k on crits and 47k non, I mean come on with an ability on a cd and has a chance to crit therefor giving you a chance to use a harder hitting move)
    -3/4 Stacks of Raging Blow! instead of 2. You have no idea how awesome that would be, yes a dps increase if done the right way but also give fury a better quality of life

  14. #634
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    As far as Fury goes, with the change to RPPM trinket and the new 2/4 piece I think fury could be pretty good IF we were also to get a couple of changes to help our quality of life.

    -CS cannot be parried
    -BT gets a increase in dmg (I have two heroic Uroe and it only hits for average 88k on crits and 47k non, I mean come on with an ability on a cd and has a chance to crit therefor giving you a chance to use a harder hitting move)
    -3/4 Stacks of Raging Blow! instead of 2. You have no idea how awesome that would be, yes a dps increase if done the right way but also give fury a better quality of life
    Agree 100% on all those.

    CS parries just destroy your DPS. It doesn't happen that often but there are quite a few times where the boss will move to cast something and end up facing you just as you hit CS and you get parried. Happened me to yesterday during H Iron Qon progression just as I had popped all my CDs and had Feather proc too.

    BT is just too weak for a core ability. I know it's got double crit chance and a short CD but it should still be a little bit stronger.

    And definitely up the RB stacks. Even just 3 instead of 2 would be awesome, but 4 would be ideal so we could build up 4 stacks to unleash during CS. I'd be fine with 3 though.

  15. #635
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    -CS cannot be parried
    Dear jesus you have no idea how much I want that for pvp, not just pve. Incredibly frustrating when trying to burst a plate melee or monk with reck/banner etc. and getting your CS parried which cuts your burst by at least 30%. I don't think any other class has to worry about 1 ability being avoided that neuters their entire burst just from RNG.

  16. #636
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    .-CS cannot be parried, dodged, or blocked
    Fixed that for you, but expertise will still be quite needed, as to be able to land a slam or a mortal strike.

  17. #637
    Moderator sjsctt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    758
    As a warrior, Master of all weapons, you can never be parried or dodged. All expertise will instead be converted to your second highest stat.

    (1st highest would be too OP)

  18. #638
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Finland
    Posts
    454
    But still need Hit rating as a proper fierce warrior is occasionally drunk on some fierce bewerages.

  19. #639
    can someone point me in the right direction to see for example SMF vs TG vs Arms in 5.4? If those numbers exist right now ofc

    cheers

  20. #640
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    can someone point me in the right direction to see for example SMF vs TG vs Arms in 5.4? If those numbers exist right now ofc

    cheers
    To the best of my knowledge sim-c hasn't been updated with the latest round of PTR changes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •