Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Stood in the Fire Requiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
    Posts
    359
    Two set does indeed proc off everything, which means your going to have to dump shit loads of rage before a CS and even then you will probably rage cap (might make endless rage glyph useless). four set didn't proc too often and lasts for about 10-12 seconds, so you could probably hold it for CS and not clip it but if the average proc rate is higher than what i think it is then we might have to use it straight away if it comes shortly after a CS .

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-14 at 12:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    With my current gear and with normal 530 ilvl weapon I can do around 850-900k max to a dummy with stormbolt as arms, if valor trinket and feather stacks are up (giving me around total of 120k AP instead of normal ~40k). Man, these numbers with offhand included look pretty huge compared to mine...
    Well I had 543 TG mh/oh for the picture, but with a 549 MH and 543 OH for SMF I did hit a 1.1m (probably lucky primo procs)

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Two set does indeed proc off everything, which means your going to have to dump shit loads of rage before a CS and even then you will probably rage cap (might make endless rage glyph useless). four set didn't proc too often and lasts for about 10-12 seconds, so you could probably hold it for CS and not clip it but if the average proc rate is higher than what i think it is then we might have to use it straight away if it comes shortly after a CS .[COLOR="red"]
    To be honest the dps 2pc seems absolutely stupid, as fury warriors we are already used to pooling rage for the next CS, so at best this buys us 1 or 2 HS inside a CS window, but more likely will also rage cap us in the blink of an eye with Flurry procs.

    Really hope they come up with something else, I know it's a bit early to critise since we lack the numbers, but I can tell rage pooling won't happen anymore with this thing, and dumping alot of your rage outside of CS just to not get rage capped during CS seems like an inconvenient benefit at best, and not really something I'd look forward to trading my 4pc T15 for.

    I'd love the 2pc if the extra rage you gained during CS would be temporarely stored similar to how a Rogues surplus combo points get stored with the anticipation talent.
    Ikelos @Argent Dawn EU

  3. #63
    High Overlord Eranthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    To be honest the dps 2pc seems absolutely stupid, as fury warriors we are already used to pooling rage for the next CS, so at best this buys us 1 or 2 HS inside a CS window, but more likely will also rage cap us in the blink of an eye with Flurry procs.

    Really hope they come up with something else, I know it's a bit early to critise since we lack the numbers, but I can tell rage pooling won't happen anymore with this thing, and dumping alot of your rage outside of CS just to not get rage capped during CS seems like an inconvenient benefit at best, and not really something I'd look forward to trading my 4pc T15 for.

    I'd love the 2pc if the extra rage you gained during CS would be temporarely stored similar to how a Rogues surplus combo points get stored with the anticipation talent.
    all attacks used during colossus smash grant you 10 rage over 10 seconds, stacks. fixed.

  4. #64
    The two piece would mean that we no longer have to leave empty globals outside of our CS, and it also means we can close to spam Execute once we hit 20%. That combined with some extra Executes above 20%, and some free ones below 20%, will change our rotation, and I for one salute that change. Will feel nice to be able to use all our attacks, instead of spending half the time just waiting and pooling for the next CS.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    To be honest the dps 2pc seems absolutely stupid, as fury warriors we are already used to pooling rage for the next CS, so at best this buys us 1 or 2 HS inside a CS window, but more likely will also rage cap us in the blink of an eye with Flurry procs.

    Really hope they come up with something else, I know it's a bit early to critise since we lack the numbers, but I can tell rage pooling won't happen anymore with this thing, and dumping alot of your rage outside of CS just to not get rage capped during CS seems like an inconvenient benefit at best, and not really something I'd look forward to trading my 4pc T15 for.

    I'd love the 2pc if the extra rage you gained during CS would be temporarely stored similar to how a Rogues surplus combo points get stored with the anticipation talent.
    It's simple. You wouldn't pool rage and you'd just HS more outside CS, knowing that you'll be showered with rage inside CS. That said, I think the 10 number isn't final because it's stupidly powerful, and think it'll be dropped to something like 3 rage per attack. Warriors have never had crazy strong tier bonuses in the history of this game, and I doubt this will be any different.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Two set does indeed proc off everything
    There is a 0% chance of that making it to live. Would make it required for pvp and the best set bonus EVER for arms. Seriously if arms could HS on cd for every single cd they might actually be competitive, bliz probably wont let that happen.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    You've gotta be fucking kidding me. That is just...incredible. How does the damage look for SMF though?
    Thats the future! mega damage, 6.0 will be into mega health, mega dps, mega everything

  8. #68
    The two piece affecting all attacks means there's no reason to save more than 60 rage for CS, and we're gonna have to fill every global. The 4 piece proc is going to be necessary just to get rid of all the rage we'll have.

  9. #69
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    To be honest the dps 2pc seems absolutely stupid, as fury warriors we are already used to pooling rage for the next CS, so at best this buys us 1 or 2 HS inside a CS window, but more likely will also rage cap us in the blink of an eye with Flurry procs.

    Really hope they come up with something else, I know it's a bit early to critise since we lack the numbers, but I can tell rage pooling won't happen anymore with this thing, and dumping alot of your rage outside of CS just to not get rage capped during CS seems like an inconvenient benefit at best, and not really something I'd look forward to trading my 4pc T15 for.

    I'd love the 2pc if the extra rage you gained during CS would be temporarely stored similar to how a Rogues surplus combo points get stored with the anticipation talent.

    What this does it make it so we don't need to pool rage outside of a CS for a CS window.

  10. #70
    To be honest, I think the 2PC rage pool thing will be helpful for those still unaccustomed to fury rage pooling. Myself included. It will make rage pooling more forgiving and reduce the "planning process" prior to CS window. The rotation will also feel more fluid as we can be hitting more keys before CS versus deciding when to pool rage or not.

    The 4PC sudden death proc is also very interesting. I think it will increase the RNG of our class.

    It will also mean that the value of haste may become further increased?

    Bladestorm's new 60sec CD is really nice and if next tier will involve alot of burst AOE reliant fights.. we warriors will be in a good position. I wonder also if this would tip scales in favor of TG vs SMF? (maybe not because with sudden death we will have more chance to execute..)

    I wonder with the buff to Stormbolt... would BB still be the best choice for PVE?

    In any case.. I think the new changes bring a refresh of fury which is really interesting..

  11. #71
    The 2 piece does indeed proc on all attacks, and I was averaging 120 rage gained per CS from it.

    Four piece seems to have a 25% proc rate, but it could be anywhere from 20-30% as I only tested for 10 minutes. It does not appear to be based on RPPM.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2013-06-15 at 02:36 AM.

  12. #72
    Testing all the changes in PvP, I can honestly say that we'll probably be in our 5.2 position (no, not 5.3) again despite the buffs. Classes are melting through defensive cds like butter. Hybrids are absolutely absurd. BM now contends with MM in shitting on everything. Locks dominate every aspect of the game. Mages continue to hard counter us along with 6 other classes while we don't even counter one.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Testing all the changes in PvP, I can honestly say that we'll probably be in our 5.2 position (no, not 5.3) again despite the buffs. Classes are melting through defensive cds like butter. Hybrids are absolutely absurd. BM now contends with MM in shitting on everything. Locks dominate every aspect of the game. Mages continue to hard counter us along with 6 other classes while we don't even counter one.
    If the pve 2set stays like it is wars are going to be in a VERY good spot for pvp (assuming they have the 2set). You can sit in dstance all day and be rage capping with it. If dmg is as insane as you say, our 25% passive DR with plate and improved healing cds while still putting out battle stance like damage will make us fairly strong.

    But I seriously doubt the 2set will stay.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    If the pve 2set stays like it is wars are going to be in a VERY good spot for pvp (assuming they have the 2set). You can sit in dstance all day and be rage capping with it. If dmg is as insane as you say, our 25% passive DR with plate and improved healing cds while still putting out battle stance like damage will make us fairly strong.

    But I seriously doubt the 2set will stay.
    The PvE 2pc should not be the magic fix for warrior PvP problems. That said, it's indeed possible for arms with pve 2pc to just sit in defensive stance on PTR right now, as the rage gen during CS is absurdly high. Once they realise how attractive the bonus is for PvP, it's propably gone.
    Last edited by Calamari; 2013-06-15 at 03:14 AM.
    Ikelos @Argent Dawn EU

  15. #75
    For those who are saying "storm bolt got buffed" YOUR WRONG.

    "Hurl your weapon at an enemy, causing 125% weapon damage and stunning the target for 3 sec. Deals 500% weapon damage to targets that are permanently immune to stuns".

    Read the bolded words and there is your answer, storm bolt is indeed unchanged.

    The healing buffs are nice, i can finally stop taking fail 2nd wind, and bladestorm buff is nice, more immunity to cc and dmg kinda makes the warrior class a little better, there are lots of things blizzard can still accomplish.

    The slam buff seems to look a little "meh" because its in a 6 second window and i consider 10% dmg buff to be a band aid fix, nothing HUGE or anything.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-06-15 at 03:25 AM.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    For those who are saying "storm bolt got buffed" YOUR WRONG.

    "Hurl your weapon at an enemy, causing 125% weapon damage and stunning the target for 3 sec. Deals 500% weapon damage to targets that are permanently immune to stuns".

    Read the bolded words and there is your answer, storm bolt is indeed unchanged.

    The healing buffs are nice, i can finally stop taking fail 2nd wind, and bladestorm buff is nice, more immunity to cc and dmg kinda makes the warrior class a little better, there are lots of things blizzard can still accomplish.

    The slam buff seems to look a little "meh" because its in a 6 second window and i consider 10% dmg buff to be a band aid fix, nothing HUGE or anything.
    Stormbolt was buffed for Fury because it now throws both weapons.
    <Midwinter>
    Armory

    Focusing your rage spending inside Colossus Smash windows, without wasting rage, is very much an intended gameplay element. Celestalon

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    Stormbolt was buffed for Fury because it now throws both weapons.
    Well, that i didn't know, should at least show in tooltip, thx for the info.

  18. #78
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    The PvE 2pc should not be the magic fix for warrior PvP problems. That said, it's indeed possible for arms with pve 2pc to just sit in defensive stance on PTR right now, as the rage gen during CS is absurdly high. Once they realise how attractive the bonus is for PvP, it's propably gone.
    Or we could just stop fucking with PVE to balance the PoS that is PVP. Not because PVP is bad but I'm sick of blizzard being lazy and nerfing/changing things that have an impact on PVE to balance PVP. It's just pure laziness.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Or we could just stop fucking with PVE to balance the PoS that is PVP. Not because PVP is bad but I'm sick of blizzard being lazy and nerfing/changing things that have an impact on PVE to balance PVP. It's just pure laziness.
    Reccon they will simply disable the 2pc in arenas and RBGs if they decide to keep rolling with it. Would be a shame to see the 2pc go, it's working absolute wonders with arms in pve.
    Ikelos @Argent Dawn EU

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Or we could just stop fucking with PVE to balance the PoS that is PVP. Not because PVP is bad but I'm sick of blizzard being lazy and nerfing/changing things that have an impact on PVE to balance PVP. It's just pure laziness.
    Its more the fact that pvp gear is terribly itemized and warrior set bonuses are trash.

    Its not just pvp either, that 2set would be absolutely insane for arms (not everything is about fury you know). Insane like macroing HS into every ability and spamming it every cd with infinite rage insane.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •