Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lol at being "forced" to play arms.

The point of specs being close is so you can choose. One will ALWAYS be better in any particular situation. In that sense you will always be "forced" to play something. No two specs will always be 100% perfectly the same, so stop complaining and just choose what you like for crying out loud. If you care so much that the relatively small differences you'll get from one spec to the other per fight matter, that's you're own prerogative. Those differences will ALWAYS be there. Don't complain because of the choices YOU make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Replace slam with execute then :P. Still a horrible rotation.
    Only because of the 2pc. Normally the rotation is fine as far as interestingness goes. Replacing OP with slam during CS works alright, but blizzard ruins core mechanics with a 2pc.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-08-19 at 09:40 PM.

I'm fine when the spec is 1-2% within each other. Arms AOE is just too strong right now and there is little reason to play Fury on AOE heavy fights, which is lame. Like Collision has said before, Fury single target and aoe is fine. It's just that Arms AOE is too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    Lol at being "forced" to play arms.

The point of specs being close is so you can choose. One will ALWAYS be better in any particular situation. In that sense you will always be "forced" to play something. No two specs will always be 100% perfectly the same, so stop complaining and just choose what you like for crying out loud. If you care so much that the relatively small differences you'll get from one spec to the other per fight matter, that's you're own prerogative. Those differences will ALWAYS be there. Don't complain because of the choices YOU make.

- - - Updated - - -

Only because of the 2pc. Normally the rotation is fine as far as interestingness goes. Replacing OP with slam during CS works alright, but blizzard ruins core mechanics with a 2pc.

We're not complaining about a 200k vs 210k dps difference on AoE. We're complaining about a 300k vs 200k difference.

I wouldn't mind having ele/warlock cleave for a tier regardless of the actual spec.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody got an info about Finaldate of Patch 5.4 Looks to me it would be next week so @ 28.08.2013, but are there any buffs for Fury or Arms income, because it really sucks to be on of the last in Simcraft dps, with Things like they are right now Fury and Arms will be worst dps like in ToT even Unholy DK will get aheadcause of 25% over all buff. ridiculus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OsOk View Post
    Does anybody got an info about Finaldate of Patch 5.4 Looks to me it would be next week so @ 28.08.2013, but are there any buffs for Fury or Arms income, because it really sucks to be on of the last in Simcraft dps, with Things like they are right now Fury and Arms will be worst dps like in ToT even Unholy DK will get aheadcause of 25% over all buff. ridiculus
    Must be hard to read the last couple pages of the thread youre posting in.
    First of all DKs didnt get a 25% dmg buff, second Warriors look fine atm. Arms AoE especially...

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    second Warriors look fine atm. Arms AoE especially...
    Well that remains to be seen. I still somewhat doubt that arms aoe will go live that way and hopefully they leave it at a reduction of the damage dw deals applied by B&T or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Must be hard to read the last couple pages of the thread youre posting in.
    First of all DKs didnt get a 25% dmg buff, second Warriors look fine atm. Arms AoE especially...
    Actually its no where near 25%. UH passive strength buff got changed from 10%, to 25%, back to 15%. Frost was buffed ~15% and will probably get toned back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    UH passive strength buff got changed from 10%, to 25%, back to 15%.
    Not that it really matters here but at least the last change is definitely not live on the ptr.

Deleted
    Frost was buffed ~15% and will probably get toned back.
    DKs were only capable of staying more or less on par with the rest of the field due to a major bug with one of the presences while playing unholy, they really needed all those buffs to keep up after the coming fix (in PvE). Heck, they even buffed/rebalanced the king of all melee classes (rogue) so it's only reasonable to also adjust DK, the melee underdog.

I'm still somewhat curious that they didn't buff fury, while the new 2 piece, slam and deep wounds buffs will push arms on all ends fury gets almost nothing out of that. Is the increased ilvl plus trinket choices enough to compete? Do we scale that well past 50% crit via focussing on mastery? I honestly can't tell but given it's only one week left until the patch will be deployed i hardly doubt that we'll so more major changes before SoO goes live and further adjustments only when it's really necessary.

Considering the slam buff: 50% was to much, hands down. 25% sounds reasonable but i still see some problems with it and the usage for pvp. Even after adding some more base resilience, 10% damage reduction via double pvp trinkets and we got still the option to gem for res (sadly decreasing our much needed crit chance for the burst) we'd like to sit in defstance way to much. With that we can't generate enough rage to even use overpower on a frequent base, let alone slamming twice during a CS. I've no solution for that just yet but without further adjustments for our three minutes cooldowns package and despite all quality of live changes we'll have a really bad time in the next pvp season. (Don't forget that pve setboni won't be avaible for pvp if they'll stick to that statement)
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-20 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    I wouldn't mind having ele/warlock cleave for a tier regardless of the actual spec.
    Except they are at range and if anyone in here has seen the cleave Soo fights, being in melee is going to be a nightmare on some of those fights with boss abilities that are a one-shot if you are hit or will at best take much more healing. Another factor to take into account is how warriors will fare against against range since they are competing for dps spots and Soo is not kind at all for melee.

Actually its no where near 25%. UH passive strength buff got changed from 10%, to 25%, back to 15%. Frost was buffed ~15% and will probably get toned back.
    Where is every1 getting this information?

Any other stealth adjustments i should know about as well?

I feel that the nerf to slam is rightly so.If they buff arms > fury what's the point of even having fury? Either they nerf arms or buff fury PvE. How many of you feel the same?

They need to nerf Arms AOE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buff arms single target damage, nerf it's AoE without ruining it (It should be stronger sustained AoE than fury).

I'd like a change to the spec to make it fun to play again (E.G 5.1 style except maybe buffing slam damage instead of HS) but due to the abomination that is PVP that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I feel that the nerf to slam is rightly so.If they buff arms > fury what's the point of even having fury? Either they nerf arms or buff fury PvE. How many of you feel the same?
    At least from what I am seeing arms might be more forgiving to play but single target wise arms doesn't really look ahead.

I standby my previous view that arms/fury split would ultimately lead to two half baked specs.
    Split up the shared abilities of both and make fury PVE and arms PvP. For eg execute, the nerf to execute was due to pvp factors spilling over to PVE. They compensate by increasing deep wounds damage but the net effect on fury is still a big loss.

Make execute a fury ability and make slam an arms ability.
    They can tweak slam to their heart's content I don't care but fury is sick of being a mediocre class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senturion View Post
    I standby my previous view that arms/fury split would ultimately lead to two half baked specs.
    Split up the shared abilities of both and make fury PVE and arms PvP. For eg execute, the nerf to execute was due to pvp factors spilling over to PVE. They compensate by increasing deep wounds damage but the net effect on fury is still a big loss.

Make execute a fury ability and make slam an arms ability.
    They can tweak slam to their heart's content I don't care but fury is sick of being a mediocre class
    They never compensated the nerf to execute by buffing deep wounds. They can't take away main stay warrior abilities that connect all 3 branches of the spec like that. What they can do is have different modifiers in PVP, which not many people disagree (outside the dev team), they definitely should do.

Deleted
    Aren't resilience and pvp power already a general modifier for pvp? Adjusting every single ability for two different "games" is to much, imho.

Currently execute (esp. if not SMF) hits like a wet noodle compared to the new slam, i'd rather have it with some sort of cooldown like kill shot, hammer of wrath or shadowword death but a) hit like a truck b) rage free. A critical shadowburn will kill me, doesn't matter if i'm at 1 or 19% health while a critical execute hits on plate wearer for noticeable less than 100k at a really high rage cost (and all our rage is regulary already needed to bring people into the execute range).

Believe it or not guys, but destro locks still hurt! 140k chaos bolts are retarded along with 100k shadowburns (non crit)

Overall, i am still not convinced to play my warrior next patch, our damage still reeks! but i hear deep wounds is hitting harder than our wep % abilities.