Thread: 5.4 Changes

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Believe it or not guys, but destro locks still hurt! 140k chaos bolts are retarded along with 100k shadowburns (non crit)

Overall, i am still not convinced to play my warrior next patch, our damage still reeks! but i hear deep wounds is hitting harder than our wep % abilities.
    I expected as much. Freaking Blizzard.

I was thinking of how awesome it would be if Blizzard gave us a "block-runner" type ability like from Skyrim. "Increases your movement speed by 50% for the next 10 seconds, the first enemy you come in contact with is knocked down and shield slammed, requires shields, 30 second cooldown".

If Blizzard hadn't gone full retard I can just imagine how well off warriors would have been if arms still had access to revenge/shield block and maybe even shield barrier so we could have been on par with other melee for magical avoidance.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-21 at 11:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Why haven't they reverted the nerf on execute? If warriors are going to be crap, at least give us back the thing that made us unique. Actually, if the other classes executes haven't been nerfed, why not just give us ours back?

5.3 we had 3 fury warriors.. 3 warlocks.. Now 5.4 we have 5 warlocks and 1 fury. The only reason I'm asked to continue playing fury is that we can't find a suitable replacement.

On a side note.. I fiddled around with arms this week.. I pretty much just equipped my 543 2 hander and didn't reforge a thing.. Ranked on every fight (25heroic) ... Even after dying lol. Quite happy
    Last edited by senturion; 2013-08-22 at 04:17 AM.

Deleted
    Ranking with a spec that no one plays must be hard.

I really hope they nerf arms aoe hard so im not forced to play this spec, arms in it's current form is so fucked up it's not even funny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xeek87 View Post
    I really hope they nerf arms aoe hard so im not forced to play this spec, arms in it's current form is so fucked up it's not even funny.

its better than bench ?

10+ Year Old Account

Me too senturion. Unfortunately this guy is right on everything he said. While it feels good to rank on everything (even when you die), the bubble pop is that you wasted time of your life playing something that was not engaging because it is fucked up. Additionally, because no one plays it in heroics, your ranking (and mine this week) is an empty value. Arms just sucks. I wish it were different.

Deleted
    I enjoy Arms more than Fury just because i hate that RB stacks only to 2, super clunky shit. Atleast feels like it The rotation for Arms sure needs to be better, spamming OP alldaylong is not really fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Me too senturion. Unfortunately this guy is right on everything he said. While it feels good to rank on everything (even when you die), the bubble pop is that you wasted time of your life playing something that was not engaging because it is fucked up. Additionally, because no one plays it in heroics, your ranking (and mine this week) is an empty value. Arms just sucks. I wish it were different.
    Ranks at this point in the tier don't matter anyway. It's now due to cheese or RNG to rank.

What exactly is fucked up about it?

Sounds like you'd rather arms have no role because you don't like it for whatever reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    I enjoy Arms more than Fury just because i hate that RB stacks only to 2, super clunky shit. Atleast feels like it The rotation for Arms sure needs to be better, spamming OP alldaylong is not really fun.
    If you're spamming OP all day long in 5.4, you're doing it very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Wazooty View Post
    What exactly is fucked up about it?

Sounds like you'd rather arms have no role because you don't like it for whatever reason.
    Would rather it have no role because it is, quite simply a shit spec. It has no depth, no skill based value and no engagement to keep you involved raid after raid. We spent the entire expansion getting fury to a point where it is alot less RNG dependent, to where thoughtful and skillful play rewards to user; to being regulated to a shit spec simply because it got buffed out the ass. The ONLY people who have ever played it are the, quite frankly, scrubs. LFR hero, normal mode raider who clear the tier months later and alts.

It is Dragon Soul all over again. Worse infact. You will be hard pressed to find a single serious raider who is happy about swapping to Arms.

Will I enjoy the damage that comes out of it, and being competitive again? Assuming it pans out that way you bet! Will I be happy about playing Arms to do it? Not a chance in hell.
    Last edited by Archimtiros; 2013-08-22 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Sent from phone, formatting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Would rather it have no role because it is, quite simply a shit spec. It has no depth, no skill based value and no engagement to keep you involved raid after raid. We spent the entire expansion getting fury to a point where it is alot less RNG dependent, to where thoughtful and skillful play rewards to user; to being regulated to a shit spec simply because it got buffed out the ass. The ONLY people who have ever played it are the, quite frankly, scrubs. LFR hero, normal mode raider who clear the tier months later and alts.

It is Dragon Soul all over again. Worse infact. You will be hard pressed to find a single serious raider who is happy about swapping to Arms.

Will I enjoy the damage that comes out of it, and being competitive again? Assuming it pans out that way you bet! Will I be happy about playing Arms to do it? Not a chance in hell.
    I like this guy.

i can only agree

Deleted
    The ONLY people who have ever played it are the, quite frankly, scrubs. LFR hero, normal mode raider who clear the tier months later and alts.
    We don't play arms in higher regions of raiding because it's scaling is horrible. With similar gear i pull 25% more damage as fury compared to arms on Ra-Den, that's a huge difference. And please take into account that i'm horrible at playing fury (little to no practice) while i play arms for years in arena etc.

Actually playing arms felt really good from the beginning of MoP up until now, there are no awkward empty globals or pooling rage for the next cs - it's a fluid and fun specc with a weakness, it's damage potential. With the noticeable buff to slam and the new 2 piece i expect it to rise quite a bit in single target fights and it's aoe/cleave potential is strong and aoe is a big part of SoO.

I didn't like the Dragonsoul Area of arms, though. Macroing both stances into your abilities and playing it down like a monkey on a treadmill wasn't fun at all and i can somewhat understand when this time ruined the arms experience for you.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2013-08-22 at 07:48 PM.

hey idiot, newsflash for you - arms has always required more skill than fury... up until MOP that is.
    And guess what? MOP butchered this class, _NOTHING_ in it requires skill or fine tuning anymore. So get off your high horse pal.

I don't know about the rest of you but rage gen even with 20% haste and SS glyphed is really rough when trying to maintain Sweeping Strikes and get 2 Slams during the CS window on the PTR......very annoying not to have resources to hit my buttons.
    Last edited by Gregore; 2013-08-22 at 08:17 PM.

You really believe that spamming your MS and CS on CD and then spamming Slam constantly is fun? There is almost no thought process in the PTR incarnation of Arms. Op charges get wasted, rage management is a non issue due to the lack of HS dump viability.

Please note, I really only care about PVE for purposes of my opinions, I whole heartedly believe that trying to balance every spec around PVE and PVP viability is the worst thing Bliz has ever done. It simply brings way too many challenges and time wasted spent on it. If Fury is never viable in PVP, why do I care if Arms is for PVE. I'd rather seperate specs balanced around doing one thing well. Than both balanced poorly around doing two things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gregore View Post
    I don't know about the rest of you but rage gen even with 20% haste and SS glyphed is really rough when trying to maintain Sweeping Strikes and get 2 Slams during the CS window on the PTR......very annoying not to have resources to hit my buttons.
    Are you using the 2 piece?

So the 2pc def makes you generate enough rage to just ignore OP?

I like the whole speed phase-power phase of arms, but if the 2pc completely invalidates that...

As far as the entire game is concerned fury is one of the few specs that still has an element of skill of randomness left. Comparing all specs, arms as it is INTENDED to be playing is more interesting than most, which isn't saying much but still. Of course, if the 2pc completely lets you ignore intended mechanics.
    Last edited by Wazooty; 2013-08-22 at 10:03 PM.

I like the whole speed phase-power phase of arms, but if the 2pc completely invalidates that...

As far as the entire game is concerned fury is one of the few specs that still has an element of skill of randomness left. Comparing all specs, arms as it is INTENDED to be playing is more interesting than most, which isn't saying much but still. Of course, if the 2pc completely lets you ignore intended mechanics.
    The 2pc is completely ridiculous.. I actually experienced getting close to ragecapped on the ptr cuz im so used to getting 100+ from live and fury. And after testing arms for about 30 minutes i wanted to just mainswitch. Arms has NEEEVER felt worse. Whatever fluidity the spec had during DS is completely gone, and there is ZERO skill involved in playing it. Will I play it for the cleave/aoe-fights in SoO? Yes, but you can bet your ass I'll hate every freaking second of it.

Arms really needs to be nerfed so we can just avoid it. The spec is really freaking horrible as it is right now.

And I know, a very subjective post without no suggestions in it. But hell.. I'm just fed up with what they're doing with warriors right now.

Deleted
    I only did small tests on the PTR before the changes to SL/DW, so i might be wrong. But i can't see how the 2pc is that big of a difference, in the best case scenario one would want to slam every gcd inside of a CS, with the rage cost increase of slam that would be the same rage spent during CS than on live (the first slam would cost 5 more rage, but the last slam would "give" 5 extra rage).

So are these people calling arms lame/boring just not bothering to learn how to play it correctly? Not saying they'd find it more fun after playing it correctly, but to call something lame and not even bother learning how to do it correctly is asinine...