Thread: 5.4 changes

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    We aren't losing our shit over data mined stuff are we...

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 04:57 AM ----------

If I'm not mistaken paladins already have this ability so not sure what is going on and it's not a fear of any sort. Just against demons n stuff.

Just checked my paladin and it's all there even the glyph and it is not a regular fear.

i'm going to correct you nicely before Flaks sees this..lol

"Your Turn Evil now also affects Humanoids and Beasts. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent."

read that carefully because i believe most of us play races that are humanoid or beasts ^^.

as for not making it live...hope not . apparently it's being reworked, but it was something to talk about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    /guh

It seems like they gave NS to resto(I don't mind) but then they give us a new talent
    Ysera's Gift (New) Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead. Druid - LvL 30 Talent. 100 yd range.

But it states it can not be used in boomkin form? WHat a bunch of bull...I hope that is just a typo....Though that talent looks pretty cool, heals your friends if you are full life? Sounds good for pvp. Though I would love to see a how druid raid or bg where they all had that same talent....
    On the front page, this talent says nothing about the talent not being usable in Moonkin form.

Paladins have fear now. Be afraid.

Dont get me wrong im very happy with the retribution changes and general paladin buffs but in all honesty is more cc really needed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    On the front page, this talent says nothing about the talent not being usable in Moonkin form.

Like I said I hope it is wrong because of data-mining, but I would not it put past blizzard doing it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    The Glyph that currently makes it instant is being removed/replaced with a glyph similar to the current Inquisition one.

Ret's fear breaks on damage, including censure. Essentially, they either get a repentence that DOESNT break on censure, but makes them stay still, and doesnt work on Ferals/Hunter pets, OR a repentence that works on all players, breaks on the first bit of damage, and makes you run around.

Eh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    The Glyph that currently makes it instant is being removed/replaced with a glyph similar to the current Inquisition one.

Ret's fear breaks on damage, including censure. Essentially, they either get a repentence that DOESNT break on censure, but makes them stay still, and doesnt work on Ferals/Hunter pets, OR a repentence that works on all players, breaks on the first bit of damage, and makes you run around.

Eh...
    yea thats a pretty good point.. but its a little bit of a shorter cast and its a fear. pathing can win you games.. being in the same tier just makes it a little less nuts.

the paladin buffs made me spit my tea out on to my monitor, there is way in hell that is going live.

and i'm kind of disappointed that blizz caved to the people who qq about inquisition being hard to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Eh...
    what difference does censure make? rets don't take repentance.
    Last edited by kosechi; 2013-06-12 at 05:13 AM.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post

"Your Turn Evil now also affects Humanoids and Beasts. Paladin - LvL 30 Talent."

read that carefully because i believe most of us play races that are humanoid or beasts ^^.

as for not making it live...hope not . apparently it's being reworked, but it was something to talk about.
    Silly me. It looked messy on my android hard to read anything much clearer on the computer lol.

With s14 gear being introduced, I wonder if they're going to up the ilvl reduction that happens in bg's now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cant wait to try it. Bye bye shadow priests, see you in 2014.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    Paladins have fear now. Be afraid.

Dont get me wrong im very happy with the retribution changes and general paladin buffs but in all honesty is more cc really needed?
    ALL of the ret buffs were largely unnecessary in the current (5.3) PvP end game. Maybe compounded together with what they have planned for 5.4 it will make sense but so far it doesn't when ret is a bursting powerhouse with caster passive defense getting gutted. Or wait...did they lose their burden of guilt slow? If so...I guess that's good. Now if only they'd lose seal of justice slow too.

Ret burst and mobility (freedom for the most part) is exceptional as is hybrid healing across the board. While the QoL issue fixes are great, the flat out buffs seem unnecessary. Then again, I'm guessing FoJ will still be the main pick for competitive rets so I guess in the end it's not so bad.

But feral losing infected wounds would also be great.

Hey whoa now! I read that before and was planning on responding in a calm manner. Like I usually do. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    With s14 gear being introduced, I wonder if they're going to up the ilvl reduction that happens in bg's now?
    I'm HOPING that's a safe assumption to make. They'll kind of have to when LFR geared chumps will be shitting on elite geared PvP'ers based entirely on gear discrepancies in the world.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-06-12 at 07:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    We aren't losing our shit over data mined stuff are we...
    If i was an angry man I'd be more losing it over that these are even ideas in the 'Petri dish' so to speak. Some of the stuff they put into that baffles me even as a simple idea.

Not all of it, just the OvPowered minority.

On another topic if that tier bonus goes live for blood expect double blood in arena to dominate extremely hard
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't know what to say, really... Just when I thought we had seen the last of ridiculously stupid changes. Gj Holinka, gj.

I know this isn't live, but I don't expect any MASSIVE changes to be done to this list.

I don't know what to say, but it's always the same .... when some player class is down, nobody cares, you're mostly ignored ingame, unconsidered or mockered. Of course, some still have some compassion. The " Overpowered " ones feel things are okay for themselves, few will say " Yes, we're globally superior to all the other classes at an equivalent skill level ", most will simply say " l2p, that's normal ". When some are risen from dust to something superior, I get the feeling that it's not fair, that they were right where they were, because they'll take more room now and compete more for " who's the best ", and everyone is angry, full of anger, even if things are just supposed, if things are just to be tried. I'd hope things would be simply tried, if really overpowered, admitted by the players of the class, if correct, admitted by their adversaries or companions from the other classes, but that's something really hard I guess ....

We were not much not so long ago, no one took us in RBGs, we had some hard times, but for some, all that's forgotten, and it's already too much and we haven't tried things yet !

I don't want us to be overpowered, but simply, REALLY, competitive. Let's try this and see how things are going on ....

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    These changes also tell me that the hybrids are flying under the radar HARD.

Shaman buffs. Retarded over the top pally buffs. Both these classes have retarded high burst and amazing utility. Giving ret a fear is one of the stupidest things imaginable.
    Not as OMG as it sounds. Same tier as Repentance, which might as well be the same thing as a fear if they both have cast times...

And they are nerfing Ret burst, a max of 12 stacks is 12% str instead of 20% increased str during CD's, it can just happen more often.. but 3 mins doesn't line up with 2 min CD's.

Deleted
    this going to be a physical DPS heavy and a Wizard light season with the nerfs to passive dmg reduction on 'locks, Boomkins and SPriests. DoT setups have been far too strong for far too long, particularly RBGs, but it's not 'balance' to make it terrible for those players. balance is making it fair for everyone (of course, Mages are immune to this balancing as per usual).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    this going to be a physical DPS heavy and a Wizard light season with the nerfs to passive dmg reduction on 'locks, Boomkins and SPriests. DoT setups have been far too strong for far too long, particularly RBGs, but it's not 'balance' to make it terrible for those players. balance is making it fair for everyone (of course, Mages are immune to this balancing as per usual).
    i'm surprised how united most people are in their dislike of these notes.. i dont think they're that bad - and they're out of context i think. i really believe theres a resil boost coming.

the passive reduction thing from a locks perspective - if you look close we keep the +10% stam.. we keep the +10% base health.. and gain +10 % healing from ALL sources.

i think they're trying to slowly return aff's passive healing with this but i think maybe unless the damage changes in the game it's a futile maneuver..lol.

the spriest change.. i can't explain that, lol.. wtf?

boomies.. lose a passive reduction but overall all druid specs look good with this imo still, *shrug.

I would like to understand the rationale for removing the damage reduction from Moonkin form, Shadowform, and Fel Armor. Turning Kil'jaden's Cunning into Spiritwalker's Grace (i.e. lasting 15 seconds every 2 minutes) -- ouch.

Deleted
    i'm surprised how united most people are in their dislike of these notes.. i dont think they're that bad - and they're out of context i think. i really believe theres a resil boost coming.

the passive reduction thing from a locks perspective - if you look close we keep the +10% stam.. we keep the +10% base health.. and gain +10 % healing from ALL sources.

i think they're trying to slowly return aff's passive healing with this but i think maybe unless the damage changes in the game it's a futile maneuver..lol.

the spriest change.. i can't explain that, lol.. wtf?

boomies.. lose a passive reduction but overall all druid specs look good with this imo still, *shrug.
    I can't see a boost coming honestly, this was a straight nerf to DoT cleaves and most likely aimed at RBGs predominantly. a flat 10%/15%/15% extra damage versus DoT spread classes basically. a lot of haste/mastery was possible in 522 PvE gear so I guess they were worried about DoTs being too strong in 5.4. I still think this is way over the top, unless it's because SoO is going to drop Cunning of the Cruel 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account

Umm, we ain't gaining anything, the 10% more healing taken is already in fel armor. The fel armor change is nothing but a nerf.

Also, it's totally fine to crazy about data mined changes imo. If anything of it happens to be true and we pretend not to give a fuck, the chances of them changing it will be pretty much non-existent.. ( not that they are high otherwise)
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-06-12 at 01:56 PM.