Thread: 5.4 changes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    removing the damage reduction from spriest and locks? Guess that makes my choice on whether to play my Ele shaman a bit easier now.

Deleted
    Giving paladins a fear, now that is something they really did not need. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    removing the damage reduction from spriest and locks? Guess that makes my choice on whether to play my Ele shaman a bit easier now.
    Yeah, I started going through these changes and was pretty impressed at first. Druid changes, small ironhawk nerf, pulling silencing shot off of BM, and paladin fear all look interesting. Then I got the the priest section and just stared at the screen for a minute. I don't see how they can gut spriest and warlock survivability like that when the classes are struggling as is. They're buffing dps shaman and doing nothing for rogues? I seriously hope there's more to come here.

On that note, I do like the direction of most of these changes, so long as they're planning to compensate for them. I always thought the warlock lv90 talents in particular were simply awful ideas, and I'd love to see warlocks viable again without riding gimmick mechanics like those and gateway.

Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Giving paladins a fear, now that is something they really did not need. -.-
    Well basically it'll let them choose between an incapacitate or a fear if they don't take half cd hoj. Seems like a good change to me, since it's mostly just holy paladins that take the casted cc anyway. I don't see an issue with giving hpalas access to a decent DR category, though that's not really going to fix them. As long as they redesign that glyph and the ability has to be casted it's not really any different than repentance, it just opens up wider class synergy options.
    Last edited by asb; 2013-06-12 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Umm, we ain't gaining anything, the 10% more healing taken is already in fel armor. The fel armor change is nothing but a nerf.

Also, it's totally fine to crazy about data mined changes imo. If anything of it happens to be true and we pretend not to give a fuck, the chances of them changing it will be pretty much non-existent.. ( not that they are high otherwise)
    for some reason i read that as us gaining +10 on healing eff...

well that sucks.

Going to sound like a broken record or a Blizz mouth piece, but I'll reiterate this is 1. PTR, 2. datamined info.

Pally fear working on humanoids made me laugh. Exactly what the game needs, more CC. I think that may be a bugged tooltip or something bizzare.

Don't like that my far sight is being toned down to 500 yard range. Loved being able to scout out areas in the world with that (such as checking around Isle of Thunder for rare spawns).

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    It's not datamined, the notes are published on Blizzard's website.
    The fact that it's PTR is all the more reason to complain. If we don't complain now this shit will go live.
    Indeed, I just got around to seeing that within the last 5 minutes (at work). Count me in on the railing against fearadins or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    I think the main motivation for nerfing ranged passive defenses is RBGs. Whether this is the right way to go about it is certainly questionable.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I like these changes, except giving Paladins fear. There's already enough CC in the game as is, and I thought they said that adding a lot of instant cc was a mistake, why would they give paladin an instant fear now? (The fear would be instant with the glyph if I'm not mistaken.)

10+ Year Old Account
    To make holy pallys have a chance. They are not going to rob their precious classes of their CC so they then have to add CC to classes missing it to bring them up to par. Now where is my poly clone on my warrior so I can be RBG viable and lol at mages who claim its so dificult to use.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

It's PTR, and GhostCrawler already came out and said "don't look too much into these patch notes"

A lot of changes are simply too retarded to make it into the game. Giving Paladins Fear? Removing damage reduction from Spriests and Warlocks?

So I suggest nobody takes these notes seriously for now, and wait until 5.4 PTR is well underway.

10+ Year Old Account
    people are whining about turn evil -.-

Turn Evil now has a 15-second cooldown. (Note: Glyph of Turn Evil will be redesigned and noted in a future PTR update.)
    No ret uses repentace. Why would we pick a fear with same cast time and cooldown as repentance? Ret will still go with Fist of Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post

No ret uses repentace. Why would we pick a fear with same cast time and cooldown as repentance? Ret will still go with Fist of Justice.
    Ret friend of mine cracks me up calling out targets with that. "Just fisted the _____", fill in the blank with a class or mob name or whatever.

More on topic, I had missed the 15 second cd and the fact the fear would retain a cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post

which of course is just silly while i liked using BoG for random bgs, ret only has one option on that tier for arena, and its fist of justice. they need to make repentance/turn evil behave differently for ret. a longer cooldown, but instant cast.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

i like the passive damage reduction nefs.. maybe now cloth will feel like cloth again. CRAZY I KNOW !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    i like the passive damage reduction nefs.. maybe now cloth will feel like cloth again. CRAZY I KNOW !
    10 games aff LSD > 2100 last night. 7-3 - generous W/L because we got bridge twice and dal sewers twice.. i feel like it could have been 3-7. if the hunters were good - 1-9 [the 1 being jungle cleave which imo we counter].

every.single.game was hunter melee X.

every.single.game [except the jungle obv] they trained me.

every.single.game was the most stressful mongo bullshit game play.

10% reduc needed? feel like cloth again? wtf are you talking about. these idiots missing traps and still putting out this type of pressure on clothies..this is barely duelist range! if there's nothing more to those numbers.. i feel even worse for spriests.

i'm all for waiting and not overreacting to patch notes but people saying this type of stuff.. *smh.

[edit - i'm not saying that LSD is bad, it's not.. i'm saying the amount of dmg being put out by a few classes - incl my partner - ele shamans - is ridiculous. almost being globaled because a 3-5s instant cc lands isn't fun imo. i dont think i should have to burn a 2-3 min cd because of unavoidable cc, passive dmg reduc nerf, if thats all there is to that; amplifies the problem. i hope theres more stuff coming to make that make sense.]
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-06-13 at 04:29 PM.

I bet there will be a shared CC immunity after x amount of CCs next X-pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I bet there will be a shared CC immunity after x amount of CCs next X-pack.
    I hope not. I actually can't think of any way to make pvp more braindead than globally gutting cc like that. They should look at cc, but I'm hoping they'll take out a lot of the short cd instants (and increase others' cds), bring back realistic break thresholds, and rework the mop dispel system. Failing that they should be buffing dr, but I much prefer the idea of a system where heavy dr is difficult due to cc availablitiy over one where cc is always available but you're always sitting on them until drs reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    when i get home i think i'm going to log onto the PTR and play a bunch.

anyone else been on yet and played any arena? hows it feel?

Deleted
    both loled and cried

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    both loled and cried
    had the same reaction trying to stumble through 3s on the PTR today.