Deleted

Blood Dps - Necrotic Strike vs Heart Strike.

Hi.

I can't access the game right now but, looking at spells on wowhead, Necrotic Strike (150% wpn. dmg.) seems to do more damage per rune than Heart Strike (105% +545 +30% damage with two diseases on the target).

Does anyone knows if they scale similarly with vengeance ? Is there a reason not to use your death runes on NS over HS when trying to deal as much damage as possible ? Am I missing something here ?

I'm of course not talking about AoE situations.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2013-06-04 at 11:18 AM.

The problem with Necrotic Strike is that it can only be used with Death Runes and most of the time you're just better off using Death Strike and finding ways to increase your vengeance levels.

Assuming you don't care about mitigation and are actually going for maximum DPS, Necrotic Strike is indeed the way to go. This isn't something that's up for debate- Tyvi's done extensive math on the matter over at EJ.

See here: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t130560-...P_break_points

Consider that:

Heart Strike= ((((x/14) * 3.3 + 20495) * 1.05) + 572) * 1.3 * 0.68 * 1.04 * 1.07 * 0.985
    Necrotic Strike= (((x/14) * 3.6 + 20495) * 1.5) * 0.68 * 1.04 * 1.07 * 0.985
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena View Post
    Assuming you don't care about mitigation and are actually going for maximum DPS, Necrotic Strike is indeed the way to go. This isn't something that's up for debate- Tyvi's done extensive math on the matter over at EJ.
    Very instructive, thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    dpr != dpet
    Indeed. In situations where you aren't sitting on runes, thought, DPR>DPET. If you are constantly GCD capped, DPET might be better then DPR, but otherwise DPR tends to be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Oh, yeah I get that. Of course.

It was just me being curious.

Might not be the best place to ask, but since it has to do with maximizing dps I will ask.

I'm new to DK's and recently leveled to 90. My gear is crap right now, but I feel fairly comfortable with the basic "rotation". I would however appreciate some tips that would help with burst DPS as Blood. Just some advice for taking down Rares, Warscout or out doing Dailies would be great.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    Might not be the best place to ask, but since it has to do with maximizing dps I will ask.

I'm new to DK's and recently leveled to 90. My gear is crap right now, but I feel fairly comfortable with the basic "rotation". I would however appreciate some tips that would help with burst DPS as Blood. Just some advice for taking down Rares, Warscout or out doing Dailies would be great.
    Blood's "burst DPS" is basically through Dancing Rune Weapon+Empower Rune Weapon(and Army too, if you really wanna maximize your damage). DRW adds a ton of damage while it's up, and ERW enables you to get the most attacks out during it's uptime. Use trinks, engi gloves, racials, etc while it's up, try to Outbreak while it's up(it will apply Outbreak too for double diseases on the mob), and Soul Reaper if the mob is under 35% since you can get double SRs. That said, you don't need burst to take down rares, warscouts, or dailies, you need to be able to survive through their damage...in most cases, that won't be an issue, just follow the normal rotation, interrupt what can be interrupted, avoid big attacks(or if you can handle them without too much risk, soak them for more vengeance), soak big magic attacks with AMS, and if something goes wrong, pop IBF for damage reduction, Death Pact for a big heal, CoI+Death's Advance if you need to flee. People can solo Warbringers even in low gear, just by following normal rotation, avoiding nasty stuff, and using CDs in the appropriate situation(like Lichborn or AMS to avoid Fears).

Deleted
    If ur talking a boss pull. Get. Little threat. Let him pound u to a nice amount of vengance. For me thats 150k+ channel army. Pop DRW And go crazy. I mean i dont recommend this but, once you get really good you can even do a /sit to get critted and that gives insane vengance. Make sure u got good healers and you can look after your self before you try that tho. like i said im recommending this but thats makes really good burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol
    dpr != dpet
    Indeed. In situations where you aren't sitting on runes, thought, DPR>DPET. If you are constantly GCD capped, DPET might be better then DPR, but otherwise DPR tends to be better.
    For fellow ignoramuses:

DPR = Damage per Resource

DPET = Damage per Execute Time

via

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=100/sim...your-character

Although, I am still unclear whther DPR means runes, runic power, or both.

i've got a blood dk, great for solo'in but if you want proper damage from a tank get a monk/paladin...in equal gear a blood dk just can't compete, i think keg smash secretly contains warheads not beer :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i've got a blood dk, great for solo'in but if you want proper damage from a tank get a monk/paladin...in equal gear a blood dk just can't compete, i think keg smash secretly contains warheads not beer :x
    Actually, Blood tanks gearing for max DPS can output quite a bit amount of dps. The main reason for dps differences between, say, warriors/DKs, and the rest of the tanks is because for Monks/Druids/Paladins, is because they WANT to gear/gem/enchant for stats that give greater dps (Haste for all 3, crit for druids/monks, and hit/expertise caps)

Blizz seems to balance tank dps around the assumption that they use dodge/parry and other defensive stats rather then dps stats. So, yea, little wonder that DK/Warriors do so little damage compared to the other 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.