Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Feral] 5.4 - Dream of Cenarius

"Feral Increases healing from Healing Touch by 20% and casting Healing Touch causes your next Rip to deal 15% additional damage."

Mother of god. This is quite sad, but I do (to a certain point) understand why they decided to change it.

Personally I don't like it, but I hope Ferals re-unite and give Blizzard constructive feedback when the PTR is live (hopefully to make the talent a bit more interesting...).

3 cheers for lowering skill ceiling and lowering the reward. They also seem to have made nature's swiftness resto only just to make the talent even worse...

why blizz?, whyyy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Tcch. Essentially a passive causing Rip's damage to be increased by 15%, and nerfing our HT by a small amount (around 7% or so?). Makes this the worst of all available talents for PvE.

At least its decently useful for Boomkin/Guardian and godly for Resto (Thus why Blizz was buffing the other 2 for Resto).

If they just left it alone, would have been perfect for 2 specs, and good for 2 specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Less healing and less damage on only one specific attack instead of two? They decided it was overpowered or something?! Not even making our next Rip AND Rake buffed... bleh.

It's nice they wanted to try to fix it for the other specs, glancing over it the Wrath Atonement thing looks amusing at least, though Bear one looked terribad - I just don't see why they had to massacre the Feral part.

I've always enjoyed DoC but I think if they're axing it that much I'll probably just switch over to HotW for some occasional heals. Shame though as I find the long cooldown + passive makes HotW deathly dull compared with the current interaction required with DoC; even NV is just another boring (if shorter) cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    Less healing and less damage on only one specific attack instead of two? They decided it was overpowered or something?! Not even making our next Rip AND Rake buffed... bleh.

It's nice they wanted to try to fix it for the other specs, glancing over it the Wrath Atonement thing looks amusing at least, though Bear one looked terribad - I just don't see why they had to massacre the Feral part.

I've always enjoyed DoC but I think if they're axing it that much I'll probably just switch over to HotW for some occasional heals. Shame though as I find the long cooldown + passive makes HotW deathly dull compared with the current interaction required with DoC; even NV is just another boring (if shorter) cd.
    I have found it useful in pvp (but I play casually). Nice stat buff. Use it with a bear shield macro, but it does have it uses when the time is right for healing as well.

I'm wondering if the proposed t16 4pc is really any good, 5 cp on a tf use? but i try and use tf when i have 5 cp already to apply a strong rip?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    I'm wondering if the proposed t16 4pc is really any good, 5 cp on a tf use? but i try and use tf when i have 5 cp already to apply a strong rip?
    Use that 5 cp on a Bite/SR instead, then TF-Rip.

Huh. After taking a look at it, 4 piece might make SotF a bit worse for dps, due to the increased chances of wasting energy/combo points during TF. Ah, well, FoN is pretty good imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    HotW is getting nerfed to. No more bonus healing.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    HotW is getting nerfed to. No more bonus healing.
    HotW is not getting nerfed, in fact the only change to it is that resto gets bonus healing too.

I see it got moved from non-resto to baseline. Is the bonus the same?

Deleted
    More RestoD for all! :P

HotW increases my healing 100% and I'm hearing the new HotW is 25%.

Here, this is what the official non-mined ptr notes say.
    Heart of the Wild when activated, now also provides a 25% bonus to healing for Restoration Druids.
    It doesn't say that it was reduced to 25% for every other spec, only that resto gets 25%. (and think about it, 100% for resto would just be too much)
    Last edited by Kojo; 2013-06-12 at 09:37 AM.

If they were going to make different specs have different modifiers I would think they would make Balance 25% as well.

Man, this change is awful IMO. Like someone said previously, at LEAST make it Rip and Rake to keep it viable. Still WAY to early for anything though.

i believe the main reason was to reduce the amount of skill required. If if only affects Rip this means we can use HT at anytime not only at 4+ cp?

I welcome this change. It's not that I can't play DoC, I can. It's the fact that I don't enjoy staring at 3 debuffs and 2 buffs 99% of the taime because it doesn't allow me to enjoy the encounters. I know many ferals won't agree with me, but I'm OK with that, just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I welcome this change. It's not that I can't play DoC, I can. It's the fact that I don't enjoy staring at 3 debuffs and 2 buffs 99% of the taime because it doesn't allow me to enjoy the encounters. I know many ferals won't agree with me, but I'm OK with that, just my opinion
    So you don't like feral, not just DoC, that's what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    So you don't like DoC. That means you are using HotW. So this change means nothing to you because you will still be using HotW (like every other feral will). So why do you care?

Lore made a post about the warlock's KJC change, explaining the reasons about it. Warlocks have been pretty vocal about this change, I know that we are few in numbers than the warlocks, but it give me hope. If we can be more vocal, maybe we get a response about the DoC change and can give a better feedback to blizzard, and maybe, revert it back - Feral needs DoC, it made the game fun and I'm afraid that the game won't be the same if they change it.