Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    It is a sizable nerf, but on the flip side, it's no longer mandatory to run DoC. Remains to be seen whether the three talents are well balanced now. There certainly is still a disparity for Guardians; both the current and revised versions of the talent are uncompetitive.
    As far as i'm aware ALL classes have some manditory talents for different situations more or less.

It is a sizable nerf, but on the flip side, it's no longer mandatory to run DoC. Remains to be seen whether the three talents are well balanced now. There certainly is still a disparity for Guardians; both the current and revised versions of the talent are uncompetitive.
    If by "no longer mandatory" you mean "If you play DoC as feral you're a noob" then sure I would agree.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I was hoping for a HoTW/NV buff to bring it in line with DoC. The dev's have been more open to suggestion during PTR about talent changes and set bonuses than they have in the past. I think it's just a matter of them applying a number to the talent after re-working it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    I like the changes, thank you, blizzard.
    WOL top ranked feral.
    Top ranked in what 10 man normals?
    No feral who knows their class would think this is a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Top ranked in what 10 man normals?
    No feral who knows their class would think this is a good change.
    Hey I'm a 10 man normal feral, not even top ranked afaik, and I wouldn't think this a good change.

Why are we even deciding that WoL ranking matters anyways?

Well whatever, on a whole other note do they really think this Ysera's Gift junk is a suitable replacement for NS?
    Last edited by Kojo; 2013-06-12 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Hey I'm a 10 man normal feral, not even top ranked afaik, and I wouldn't think this a good change.

Why are we even deciding that WoL ranking matters anyways?
    Since the one that refered to DoC beeing a good thing, said he is a top WOL feral. just like the one you quote from quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    As far as i'm aware ALL classes have some manditory talents for different situations more or less.
    I agree - and if that's the case, Blizzard failed. The idea behind the revision to the talent system was to a) make a variety of builds viable, and b) to eliminate the possibility of sucking because you chose a talent that seemed attractive, but was poorly designed and balanced. Instead, what has happened is exactly what was happening before: every top-flight player is choosing the same build based on the highest Simcraft numbers. So they're just as cookie-cutter as they ever were.

I don't use that talent I love 6% more agility ,so I don't really care, but still it's really a huge nerf making talent to be valiable as it was their design plan when switching to new talent system
    first they kill NV now DoC on the target list

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    I don't use that talent I love 6% more agility ,so I don't really care, but still it's really a huge nerf making talent to be valiable as it was their design plan when switching to new talent system
    first they kill NV now DoC on the target list
    i wouldnt say they killed NV, they buffed the utility and the dmg is nerfed by 50% but the uptime is doubled. NV didnt change that much to the 3 min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    i wouldnt say they killed NV, they buffed the utility and the dmg is nerfed by 50% but the uptime is doubled. NV didnt change that much to the 3 min cd.
    They did nerf NV, since you no longer get the full effect with every Berserk.

I don't play DoC and I can't see how this is a good change. It makes HotW superior in every way. Before there was a choice, from what I've read even the people that played DoC would switch to HotW for encounters where they needed the extra healing from Tranq. Does anybody have some numbers and how much you gained from DoC over HotW before and how much worse it will be now?

These are preliminary numbers, but on live DoC beats HotW by ~14.5k in full BiS, on PTR HotW beats DoC by 8k. So a net loss of 22.3k DPS for DoC, or 8.07%.

10+ Year Old Account
    RIP DoC.

It's not just the fact that 5.4's DoC only buffs Rip by 15% instead of the current 25%, it's also the fact that you can't buff Rake, Thrash, etc anymore. Bleh. Sad Kitty.

I can totally understand them wanting to make DoC viable for Guardian and Resto, but please don't mess up Feral in the process.

They did nerf NV, since you no longer get the full effect with every Berserk.
    nerfed a little yes but not that much that you can say they killed NV, the utility was doubled so was the duration. The dmg loss not that much

I can totally understand them wanting to make DoC viable for Guardian and Resto, but please don't mess up Feral in the process.
    Its really not that good for guardians, but if I understand it correctly its really nice getting 10% more dmg during eclipse thats seems good.
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-06-12 at 06:15 PM.

nerfed a little yes but not that much that you can say they killed NV, the utility was doubled so was the duration. The dmg loss not that much
    Its still useless and has no real use for feral, if you want to heal you take HotW and tranq, only boomkin can use NV because they can also take incarnation allowing for a lot of dmg via cd stacking which converts into a lot of healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Its still useless and has no real use for feral, if you want to heal you take HotW and tranq, only boomkin can use NV because they can also take incarnation allowing for a lot of dmg via cd stacking which converts into a lot of healing.
    it was never a viable choice as feral thats right

It was originally fairly comparable to HotW. The nerf killed it because it now does less sustained DPS than HotW and it's not even good for bursting because it's only 10%.

With the change to make Nature's Swiftness Resto only, now Guardians have to take DoC for Bear form Rebirths. I've had to do Bear form Rebirths in CMs so this will probably be my talent of choice for those. Bummer since Nature's Vigil is nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    With the change to make Nature's Swiftness Resto only, now Guardians have to take DoC for Bear form Rebirths. I've had to do Bear form Rebirths in CMs so this will probably be my talent of choice for those. Bummer since Nature's Vigil is nice to have.
    And no more insta-casting Entangling Roots or Cyclone in PvP.

but if I understand it correctly its really nice getting 10% more dmg during eclipse thats seems good.
    It's be good for AOE, unless HOTW int boost proves more beneficial, and decent heavy multi-dotting encounters...but it's still the same DOC...hardcasting HT 2 times per cycle...so it's worthless on any movement and single-target