Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    The way they word "target ally's location" and being able to relocate the mushroom, it makes it sound like it's not ground droppable now, but you select an ally and plant it, and it drops next to them. You can also select someone else to move it and bloom, so it'll make the whole positioning issue go away.
    Ground droppable is superior in non-stacking fights, as it allows to place your mushrooms in such a way, that you can actually use the complety 10 yards (e.g. hitting both melee and tank). Now you could end up (depending on boss hitbox, yah for circles ....) loosing all but one melee as a suitable target.

Imo it's a downgrade, quite a big one actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgust View Post
    Ground droppable is superior in non-stacking fights, as it allows to place your mushrooms in such a way, that you can actually use the complety 10 yards (e.g. hitting both melee and tank). Now you could end up (depending on boss hitbox, yah for circles ....) loosing all but one melee as a suitable target.

Imo it's a downgrade, quite a big one actually.
    I think you'll be in the minority who think that. You won't need to actually take time to select it, only have to spend 1 GCD instead of 3, and you can instantly relocate them without losing their healing. I think you can cut your losses on the specific scenario you list.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Buffs are needed, but people seem to be forgetting how far behind Resto Druids are right now.

Mastery for Discs and Holy Paladins is going to keep getting higher and higher, which means bigger and bigger absorbs.

HoTs simply do not do enough healing these days, and none of our HoTs last near long enough to really cover the majority of the raid (like in TBC/Wotlk, which most people probably don't remember). Genesis sounds great, but when it is only going to heal 5 or so people (by the time you get rejuvs on more than 5 people, the majority of those rejuvs will be close to being done anyways since it doesn't last very long at all) then it isn't going to do much.

I am glad that resto druids can bring more dps to raids, since it seems Blizzard wants healers to do more DPS and less healing since they keep giving DPS/tank classes ways to heal themselves and keep making healers do more damage... but if you think we are going to pull ahead (or even close) to Discs or Holy Paladins, then you are living in a mirage. And I understand HPS and the amount of healing you put out isn't everything, but when other healers can put out more healing, more damage, AND more utility than Resto Druids, then something is broken (with the system, which Blizzard doesn't realize)... and it doesn't look like Blizzard cares or plans on fixing the current state of healing (or should I say absorbs).

Resto druids are only behind in nh in hc they are fine.

Deleted
    Those changes are actually pretty cool.

Item - Druid T16 Restoration 4P Bonus (New) Rejuvenation, Lifebloom, and Wild Growth critical heals have a chance to cause all cast time heals for the next 12 sec to cause a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.

Any idea if this will effect Tranquility?! Seems like this could be pretty crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    One think that we should take into account, Glyph of Efflorence will probably be must have, so we ill need to remove on glyph. Im inclined to remove the WG Glyph for 10 man. Dont how people will do for 25 man. And i ll probably keep 4t15H with upgrades, since t16 normal are ilvl 541 and 4t15 bonus are much better.
    Did I miss something? I don't see "Glyph of Effloresence" anywhere.

EDIT: I'm blind.
    Last edited by Mugz; 2013-06-12 at 07:41 PM.

The problem with this 4pc Bonus is that Living Seed only procs from direct damage, rather than AoE Splash and and DoT spells. Until they open Living seed to proc off of any damage, its going to be a very weak set bonus raid healing wise.

For those who don't know what glyph of Efflorescence is going to do:
    New Glyph: Glyph of Efflorescence increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.

Overall Wild Mushroom for us got a nerf (Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony.) That is a ~40% nerf to the overall healing. Being able to move them while keeping the charge will be a nice boost for some fights though!

Glyph of Effloresence seems WAY too strong right now, Effloresence is already doing 5-8% of my healing with 50% uptime, having 100% uptime and being able to move it when ever we please makes me think it will be doing up to 20% of our healing depending on the fight.

All of our tier 6 talents are all fun choices now. It seems like Nature's Vigil>HotW in every way from a numbers stand point sadly.

I doubt Genesis makes it live as is, I'd expect them to put a 30-60sec cooldown on it.

With the new Innervate+glyph it will probably be expected of us to give Innervate to someone else as it will be giving 120% of the original spell :/

Quote Originally Posted by Mugz View Post
    All of our tier 6 talents are all fun choices now. It seems like Nature's Vigil>HotW in every way from a numbers stand point sadly.
    I dunno, 6% passive Int and 25% stronger heals for the 45 secs it active makes HoTW pretty swanky - just picture using it in the last phase of Iron Qon or Lei Shen

With the new Innervate+glyph it will probably be expected of us to give Innervate to someone else as it will be giving 120% of the original spell :/
    Hmm something tells me they simply have the wording wrong. 40% reduced effectiveness does imply 60% each, giving 120% back to the raid - but that's just going to encourage druids to glyph and innervate each other like we used to do. I doubt they'll go back to that. More likely its a typo and they meant 40% effectiveness per person, total of 80%. But if not and it is the 60% each method - hooray for dual druid team innervating each other woot

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    I dunno, 6% passive Int and 25% stronger heals for the 45 secs it active makes HoTW pretty swanky - just picture using it in the last phase of Iron Qon or Lei Shen
    Unless I'm reading the new Nature's Vigil wrong, it will be a 10% healing boost with an additional 25% of single target healing you do as bonus healing to a random player, as well as a semi-decent amount of damage for 30 seconds. It is also worded odd in the official notes, it sounds like it may be ALL healing done is converted - causes healing spells now trigger an additional heal on a nearby ally for 25% of the amount healed.

You're probably right on the Innervate thing, I doubt they would overlook that happening AGAIN.

Deleted
    At 12k spirit, the new Innervate would give 60k mana. 20% of that is 12k mana, every 3 minutes. Hardly worth dropping LB, WG, or the new Efflo glyph for.

Quote Originally Posted by farrenkip View Post
    New Glyph: Glyph of Efflorescence increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.
    So the healing effect is perpetual ticks every second of 12% of... your Swiftmend, or your Wild Mushroom? And in either case it's of an ideal non-critted SM/WM? Does it grow with an int trinket? Does it grow with the WM overhealing? I mean, I'm not complaining, I'm just asking!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post

Hmm something tells me they simply have the wording wrong. 40% reduced effectiveness does imply 60% each, giving 120% back to the raid - but that's just going to encourage druids to glyph and innervate each other like we used to do. I doubt they'll go back to that. More likely its a typo and they meant 40% effectiveness per person, total of 80%. But if not and it is the 60% each method - hooray for dual druid team innervating each other woot
    But with 40% per person, 80% total who will use the glyph?
    Our other specs have low spirit and they don't really need innervate themself.

A new glyph of neverending Efflo looks OP. I'm almost certain it will be nerfed, since there's no tradeoff on the glyph right now. Probably the amount of targets will be reduced.

On the other hand, there's a possibility that Blizzard plan to make this change permanent and introduce it as a glyph first only to see if people actually like this change.

Take the atonement with a grain of salt, Wrath is having its mana cost increased by 50%. Certainly not nearly as efficient as smite.

Is the new Glyph of Efflo. available on the PTR? From data-mining, it looks like it could be our "legendary" glyph. Folks have already data-mined what looks to be a Warrior-only legendary questline.

If they are going to triple the strength of the mushroom, I don't see why it even bothers absorbing our overheal anymore. It's already so powerful right now. And this tier, the best ways that I've seen them used are spread out and hitting multiple people (e.g. Twin Consorts Crashing Stars, Tortos after Quake Stomp) rather than in strictly stacking situations like Megaera. Mushrooms as they are right now do cost GCDs and time to set up, but I agree with others who see the change as a significant nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by leaderavia View Post
    If they are going to triple the strength of the mushroom, I don't see why it even bothers absorbing our overheal anymore. It's already so powerful right now. And this tier, the best ways that I've seen them used are spread out and hitting multiple people (e.g. Twin Consorts Crashing Stars, Tortos after Quake Stomp) rather than in strictly stacking situations like Megaera. Mushrooms as they are right now do cost GCDs and time to set up, but I agree with others who see the change as a significant nerf.
    I gotta mention, the "significant nerf" you are talking about is usually shown in recount/skada/world of logs as anywhere from 50-80% overhealing. I have a feeling that this is where the nerf bat was aimed.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    I gotta mention, the "significant nerf" you are talking about is usually shown in recount/skada/world of logs as anywhere from 50-80% overhealing. I have a feeling that this is where the nerf bat was aimed.
    I don't see why you think they would try to nerf "overhealing" of a spell. If anything they would change it if it was doing significant overhealing when used properly. They nerfed the effective healing it is going to be doing when everyone is stacked up. On a fight like Ra-den where the raid was below 70% hp for all of p2 and you popped shrooms that did 1.7m healing it would do 68k per person (in a 25 man raid) whereas in 5.4 they will do around 1.1m at 44k per person. This is about a 46% nerf to the effective healing potential on a fully stacked 25 man raid. (granted we can stack our shrooms a LOT faster in 5.4 compared to now)